Oil-Based Increases Cholesterol?

Is it only oil based gear that causes an increase in cholesterol?

Cheers

No. It is the interaction with the liver (the metabolism of the steroid) that affects cholesterol levels. Estrogen and testosterone (and other AAS) are processed in the liver concurrently with cholesterol. The process of metabolizing these hormones results in altered cholesterol metabolism.

There are other pathways of change, but this is a big one. This is also the reason oral AAS have much more impact on the cholesterol profile.

Thank you sir :slight_smile:

you will find that it is the 17-AA steroids (orals), The most hepatotoxic ones that skew levels the most.

Injected winstrol vs oral winstrol has little difference, incase that was the next question you were going to ask.

Basically it is the chemical structure of the steroid, not the delivery vehicle used that dictates the side effects.

Prisoner is right. A few months ago, I was in a pisition to have my blood screened free of charge, so I did it every two weeks while on cycle.

Over the course of 3 different cycles (averaging about 10 weeks in length), those that included orals both increased my LDL and dropped my HDL considerably more than the injectable-only cycle.

While it’s by no means a conclusive observation, it at least serves as a possible example.

[quote]Prisoner wrote:
you will find that it is the 17-AA steroids (orals), The most hepatotoxic ones that skew levels the most.

Injected winstrol vs oral winstrol has little difference, incase that was the next question you were going to ask.

Basically it is the chemical structure of the steroid, not the delivery vehicle used that dictates the side effects.[/quote]

Thanks for adding clarity to my post. I should have been more specific with the “orals are worse” comment.

[quote]Prisoner wrote:

Basically it is the chemical structure of the steroid, not the delivery vehicle used that dictates the side effects.[/quote]

While I do agree with what you said, I think that most side effects come from inconsistent dosing protocols leading to fluctuating blood levels.

You need to take winny (whether it be inj or orally) the same time everyday.

[quote]T-Matt wrote:
Prisoner wrote:

Basically it is the chemical structure of the steroid, not the delivery vehicle used that dictates the side effects.

While I do agree with what you said, I think that most side effects come from inconsistent dosing protocols leading to fluctuating blood levels.

You need to take winny (whether it be inj or orally) the same time everyday.

[/quote]

Sorry bro, and long time no see btw, but that isn’t correct here. we are talking about blood lipid changes, which will be more effected by taking the steroids regularaly, giving them a chance to really skew blood levels.

In fact I recomend orals be avoided as much as possible because of the risks for heart disease down the road.