Ohio? Who's That??

What killed me was the constant talk about how great Smith was while he was getting his butt handed to him. I was just waiting for one of the Fla linebackers to do the Heisman pose over Smith’s crumpled body. It would have been worth 15.

The SEC rocks. The serendipitous coincidence is that I think Meyer was the one at the beginning of the season complaining that the SEC was so tough that lack of a playoff was unfair. I guess LSU and Fla made the point on the field as well.

[quote]sdspeedracer wrote:
What killed me was the constant talk about how great Smith was while he was getting his butt handed to him. I was just waiting for one of the Fla linebackers to do the Heisman pose over Smith’s crumpled body. It would have been worth 15.

The SEC rocks. The serendipitous coincidence is that I think Meyer was the one at the beginning of the season complaining that the SEC was so tough that lack of a playoff was unfair. I guess LSU and Fla made the point on the field as well.[/quote]

I won’t take anything away from FLA’s amazing ass womping, but WTF - bragging about beating ND, that’s like bragging about nailing the town slut

Damn, I almost felt sorry for Ohio… Almost.

It looked as if Ohio didn’t practice or watch any film on Flordia. The OSU coaching staff thought they could come in and do the exact same thing they did throughout the season. Flordia was better prepared and pulled out all the stops.

The performance by Florida was the best by a single team I have seen all year, they definitely deserved to win.

And as for OSU, well, if they had played all year like they did last night, they’d be 1-13 and not the other way round. They picked a hell of a night to forget how to play football.

[quote]BabyBuster wrote:
sdspeedracer wrote:
I guess LSU and Fla made the point on the field as well.

I won’t take anything away from FLA’s amazing ass womping, but WTF - bragging about beating ND, that’s like bragging about nailing the town slut
[/quote]

ND was 10-2 going into the game and all the talk was how tough their schedule was and how close the game would be. It was a serious thumping, far worse than anyone predicted. Beyond that, I’ll leave the Ragoo to comment.

As for the SEC, 6-3 and two of the losses they should have won. I think Fla said it best in saying that they’d played a lot tougher teams in SEC play than OSU.

For me the most interesting thing remains that there are four one-loss teams and one undefeated team at the end. Can we get on with a playoff? The commentators were already making the “more than a month since last game” excuse in the first quarter last night, nevermind that the same can be said for Florida. The BCS arguments just don’t hold – is Florida better than USC or Boise or anyone but OSU? Probably, but who can say?

BabyBuster wrote:

ND was 10-2 going into the game and all the talk was how tough their schedule was and how close the game would be. It was a serious thumping, far worse than anyone predicted. Beyond that, I’ll leave the Ragoo to comment./quote]

Notre Dame was 10-2, with the bulk of their wins coming over the likes of service academy teams. Their two losses were absolute ass kickings delivered by the only ranked teams they played.
Anybody with a clue didn’t think Notre Dame played a particularly hard schedule, and knew they were way overrated.
Notre Dame is a program skimming by on its long past glories. They have been a bowl game embarrassment for the last decade.

For me the most interesting thing remains that there are four one-loss teams and one undefeated team at the end. Can we get on with a playoff? The commentators were already making the “more than a month since last game” excuse in the first quarter last night, nevermind that the same can be said for Florida. The BCS arguments just don’t hold – is Florida better than USC or Boise or anyone but OSU? Probably, but who can say?[/quote]

See, I like this too - I don’t care how ‘good’ you are, I care how good you play in tournament play. I don’t doubt that Boise State is less talented than many SEC or Big 10 teams, but with guts, they can maximize their talent and win. That is what I want to see - more underdogs who simply want it more than the talented teams.

[quote]BigRagoo wrote:
Ahahahaha, poor Fuckeyes got routed by the undeserving underdog Florida.

HOW BOUT THAT SEC!!![/quote]

Undeserving? Who said?

There’s two ways to celebrate a victory. One would be to trash and ridicule the losers (showing bad sportsmanship) and the other would be to tout the champion caliber of the victorious.

Big, are you saying that the Gators didn’t deserve to win - as you called them undeserving? I thought they did. Why rub the noses of the Ohio fans? Show yourself as magnanimous. That mantle looks much better than one of vindictiveness.

btw, I’m a Penn State fan - that says it all.

[quote]thunderbolt23 wrote:
sdspeedracer wrote:

For me the most interesting thing remains that there are four one-loss teams and one undefeated team at the end. Can we get on with a playoff? The commentators were already making the “more than a month since last game” excuse in the first quarter last night, nevermind that the same can be said for Florida. The BCS arguments just don’t hold – is Florida better than USC or Boise or anyone but OSU? Probably, but who can say?

See, I like this too - I don’t care how ‘good’ you are, I care how good you play in tournament play. I don’t doubt that Boise State is less talented than many SEC or Big 10 teams, but with guts, they can maximize their talent and win. That is what I want to see - more underdogs who simply want it more than the talented teams.

[/quote]

Totally agree, but the system is arranged so that we’ll never get to see those underdogs unless there’s money in it for the bowl sponsor. I find it fascinating that every other NCAA sport can make it work while football can’t.

Nice pic of Sherman, by the way. Tough dude with a great middle name.

[quote]kroby wrote:
BigRagoo wrote:
Ahahahaha, poor Fuckeyes got routed by the undeserving underdog Florida.

HOW BOUT THAT SEC!!!

Undeserving? Who said?

There’s two ways to celebrate a victory. One would be to trash and ridicule the losers (showing bad sportsmanship) and the other would be to tout the champion caliber of the victorious.

Big, are you saying that the Gators didn’t deserve to win - as you called them undeserving? I thought they did. Why rub the noses of the Ohio fans? Show yourself as magnanimous. That mantle looks much better than one of vindictiveness.

btw, I’m a Penn State fan - that says it all.[/quote]

Haha, Kroby you must not have paid attention to the sportscasters. They have said dozens of times that UF should not be playing OSU, that they didn’t deserve the spot in that game. It was said that Michigan should have been there. No one gave UF a chance (which was echoed by a UF player) and they shoed up to prove the nation wrong.

UF deserves all the glory coming to them.

And as why I rub Ohio’s noses…they deserve that for thinking UF would be a breeze. Suckers.

[quote]Bauer97 wrote:
rsg wrote:
MikeyKBiatch wrote:
I don’t follow tennis.

Yeah, me neither.

Really? I thought tennis was really popular over there? Along with that other weird sport that’s sort of like American Football but not nearly as cool and with smaller and slower athletes…

And before anyone gets pissy, I’m just joking. Plus, both my grandpas helped save Englands ass in WWII, so shut it :wink:

Back on topic (sort of) Tom63 makes an excellent point. Penn State and Wisconsin are the only good teams in the Big 10… [/quote]

I graduated from PSU in 85 Bauer with a BS in BIO. I love PSU football but hate HIT, hahaha.

This was the post-game line that killed me from Jarvis Moss on Florida:

OUCH.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/16543611/

[quote]Kuz wrote:
This was the post-game line that killed me from Jarvis Moss on Florida:
Honestly, we’ve played a lot better teams than them… I could name four or five teams in the SEC that could probably compete with them and play the same type of game we did against them.

OUCH.

It’s true. If anyone watched the LSU-Auburn, Florida-LSU, Auburn-Florida games you would have known that with a month to heal up anyone of those teams could compete for the national title.
Not many people around here were thrilled when LSU ended up facing ND in the Sugar Bowl. We really wanted either USC or Mich. to prove to the AP voters thst style points don’t win games, defense does.

Most people around here still want an LSU-USC matchup for the 2004 “shared title”

[quote]tom63 wrote:
I love PSU football but hate HIT, hahaha.

[/quote]

You’re not alone. Try waking up at 5am to do HIT for 4 years…

I only watched the first quarter (since it was 2 in the morning uk time), but the ohio state D was having allsorts of trouble with the Zone D. The linebackers were starting 5 yards off the LOS and dropping back another 10 at most. That the gives the TE plenty of space to drag across the front and make a 6 yard gain. I no expert but i would have thought they would have played a bit of man coverage. Dunno what happened in the rest of the game, but was shocked when i looked up the score 41-14, what happened did they drop their heads?

Haven’t heard of Leak the Gators QB but i’m liking him, anyone know if he is thinking of going Pro? or isn’t he good enough.

I want to say I was surprised(ok I was a little), but come on, Ohio St hadn’t played a football game in seven weeks! College football needs a playoff system. Every Big 10 team that played a bowl game, let me tell you something, the team that earned that bowl game sure as hell didn’t play it. Wisconsin got lucky against Arkansas. If they had played in October, Wisconsin would have plowed them. Same goes for Michigan and Ohio St.

Florida wouldn’t have had a snowball’s chance in hell against Ohio St had they played 2 months ago. My buddies usually bet on all the bowl games but no one bet against Ohio St. Who in their right mind would? They looked unstoppable this year.

That all being said, Florida earned that win. The played the game(s) to prove it. But I think this makes it obvious that the system doesn’t work anymore. It’s been in the mid 40s since yesterday. It doesn’t get cold here anymore. The Big 10 can play through November like everyone else does.

[quote]analog_kid wrote:
Florida wouldn’t have had a snowball’s chance in hell against Ohio St had they played 2 months ago. My buddies usually bet on all the bowl games but no one bet against Ohio St. Who in their right mind would? They looked unstoppable this year.

[/quote]

Sorry Bub, you’re deluded. OSU is not as good as you people think they are.

[quote]BigRagoo wrote:
analog_kid wrote:

Sorry Bub, you’re deluded. OSU is not as good as you people think they are.[/quote]

I agree, although I do think it would have been a different game had it been played 6 weeks ago. I’m not saying OSU would have won, but I don’t think it would have been the blowout that it was.

[quote]Bauer97 wrote:
tom63 wrote:
I love PSU football but hate HIT, hahaha.

You’re not alone. Try waking up at 5am to do HIT for 4 years…[/quote]

It would be like waking up at 5am to bang a fat chick you hate, hahaha.