Ohio State LB/DE Vernon Gholston

What do you all think of this guy…He’s projected to go very high in the draft in 08…you think he’s clean???

[quote]Rmoss0 wrote:
What do you all think of this guy…He’s projected to go very high in the draft in 08…you think he’s clean???[/quote]

His uniform doesn’t look dirty in the picture, but his face looks a little sweaty. The truth is, who knows if he is clean, what you can’t do is assume he is juicing because he is muscular. People who automatically assume someone is juicing usually do so because they do not think you can acheive awesome results by working hard, which is bullshit.

When hard work, good genetics, a proper attitude and some good instruction meet, results can be amazing. And on the other hand, if you throw in some good pharmecuticals they can be twice as amazing, just kidding.

I am not going to take anything away from someone who has obviously worked as hard as he has to get where he is at until I know for sure he is juicing. I love it when people accuse me of being on steriods when Im not, because I know if they think that then I am doing something right in my training.

[quote]Rmoss0 wrote:
What do you all think of this guy…He’s projected to go very high in the draft in 08…you think he’s clean???[/quote]

HE LOOKS LIKE GATOR BAIT TO ME!

[quote]jumper wrote:
Rmoss0 wrote:
What do you all think of this guy…He’s projected to go very high in the draft in 08…you think he’s clean???

His uniform doesn’t look dirty in the picture, but his face looks a little sweaty. The truth is, who knows if he is clean, what you can’t do is assume he is juicing because he is muscular. People who automatically assume someone is juicing usually do so because they do not think you can acheive awesome results by working hard, which is bullshit.

When hard work, good genetics, a proper attitude and some good instruction meet, results can be amazing. And on the other hand, if you throw in some good pharmecuticals they can be twice as amazing, just kidding.

I am not going to take anything away from someone who has obviously worked as hard as he has to get where he is at until I know for sure he is juicing. I love it when people accuse me of being on steriods when Im not, because I know if they think that then I am doing something right in my training.

[/quote]

well said. i get very frustrated with these types of ``is he clean or not’’ questions. you’d be surprised what people are capable of doing w/o drugs. being muscular shouldn’t be an indictment of drug use.

I can say with almost certainty that he is clean, unless he is in the care of a physician or medical practitioner skilled in the art of urine manipulation and/or system flushing.

The frequency of drug testing we faced at Notre Dame had very, very little wiggle room for those who wished to illegally supplement (and there were a few). Ohio State has been heavily involved in post-season play during Vernon’s time there, a time when the drug tests come even more often.

Far more likely, he is in a top-notch strength program, is someone that is nutrition conscious and actually follows the guidelines given by their nutritionist, works his ever-living balls off, and finally (although I’m hesitant) has great genetics. I say hesitant because the last thing I want is the “my genetics suck” bandwagon that inhabits these boards now to hoist this as their rallying flag.

Their was a thread on here somewhere that had a picture of him from high school. I can’t find it, maybe someone has it?

One more thing, dare I say it…
He eats gasp carbohydrates? Naw. Can’t be.

Lets see, he’s got the work ethic, genetics, and talent to play at THE OSU. He’s projected to have the work ethic, genetics, and talent to play in THE NFL. I’m guessing the reason that you are asking if he is clean is because you don’t have the work ethic, genetics, and talent.

Who knows? Who cares?

It is funny to see people deny the possibility and it is funny to see people assume he must be using.

Nobody knows for sure except him.

He is pretty damn impressive.

Benched 375 coming out of high school which is not a big stretch of imagination.Benches 455 now,also not a big stretch of imagination after 3 years hitting the weights hard in a college program.

Rivals.com said he squatted 500 pounds his senior year in high school.It may or may not have been higher than parallel,who knows.Who cares?He’s good at football and thats what really matters to NFL scouts.Some guys are just freaky.

[quote]Zap Branigan wrote:
Who knows? Who cares?

It is funny to see people deny the possibility and it is funny to see people assume he must be using.

He is pretty damn impressive.[/quote]

True. I just get pissed that some people always assume that someone must have used steroids. So I rant on them. To be honest, I wish the league didn’t test for roids. That would make for some memorable games.

[quote]tveddy wrote:
Zap Branigan wrote:
Who knows? Who cares?

True. I just get pissed that some people always assume that someone must have used steroids. So I rant on them. To be honest, I wish the league didn’t test for roids. That would make for some memorable games.[/quote]

That would be awesome. Like the “all drug olympics” SNL sketch.

I don’t fucking care he is “clean”, one thing I know for sure is that he works harder and eat better than most of the people here talking bullshit on this forum, including me.

[quote]Zap Branigan wrote:
tveddy wrote:
Zap Branigan wrote:
Who knows? Who cares?

True. I just get pissed that some people always assume that someone must have used steroids. So I rant on them. To be honest, I wish the league didn’t test for roids. That would make for some memorable games.

That would be awesome. Like the “all drug olympics” SNL sketch.[/quote]

Haha. Heck yeah. Can you think of what UFC would look like? Or Boxing, wrestling, hockey, basketball, or dare i say it? Baseball?

[quote]jumper wrote:
Rmoss0 wrote:

HE LOOKS LIKE GATOR BAIT TO ME!
[/quote]

BURN! Good one.

[quote]tveddy wrote:
Zap Branigan wrote:
tveddy wrote:
Zap Branigan wrote:
Who knows? Who cares?

That would be awesome. Like the “all drug olympics” SNL sketch.

Haha. Heck yeah. Can you think of what UFC would look like? Or Boxing, wrestling, hockey, basketball, or dare i say it? Baseball?
[/quote]

Check out old Pride Fighters and Pride fights…they don’t test for anabolics and performance enhancements in Japan…hence when they have Pride events in the U.S., half of the fighters fail their drug tests.

Unless you know him personally (which probably none of us do), it’s not fair to speculate whether he’s juicing or not. And even if he is, it’s none of our business anyways. Regardless, he’s looks like an athletic freak, and his genetics are obviously very good.

His forearms appear to be as big as his big-ass biceps. That’s sweeeet. Usually when I see guys like that it’s because they have small biceps.

All I know is that’s pretty much my ideal build.

[quote]beebuddy wrote:
His forearms appear to be as big as his big-ass biceps. That’s sweeeet. Usually when I see guys like that it’s because they have small biceps. [/quote]

He does have some gorilla arms

[quote]MAS50 wrote:
Benched 375 coming out of high school which is not a big stretch of imagination.Benches 455 now,also not a big stretch of imagination after 3 years hitting the weights hard in a college program.

Rivals.com said he squatted 500 pounds his senior year in high school.It may or may not have been higher than parallel,who knows.Who cares?He’s good at football and thats what really matters to NFL scouts.Some guys are just freaky.[/quote]

If he was benching 375 his senior year, then it is feasible that he squatted that much. Theres a guy at my old gym that was moving over 500 (deep squats) his senior year at just under 200 lbs. Granted the guy is a freak, but its not hard for me to imagine that this guy and the OSU player were talking about have similar gifts.