Oh Yeah Protein RTD Shakes

7-11 near me now stocks these:

IMO it tastes just as good as Muscle Milk/Evopro but has way better macronutrient profile. Check this stuff out if you get a chance, it’s definitely my new RTD of choice.

No. I’m pretty sure RTD’s are comprised of denatured protein (heat needed to pasturize the drink). TC did an interview with someone in the biz, but I can’t find it.

Someone correct me, but I’m pretty sure those are that great.

I don’t see RTDs being denatured. Couldn’t they heat it prior to adding the protein, that and most contain water, not milk as the primary ingredient.

[quote]jehovasfitness wrote:
I don’t see RTDs being denatured. Couldn’t they heat it prior to adding the protein, that and most contain water, not milk as the primary ingredient.[/quote]

You might be right. I could have swore TC wrote about it, but just doing a google search of “RTD protein, deanture” I came up with this:

http://labrada.com/LabradaRTD.pdf

Its highligted on page three. Don’t know if its reliable or not, though.

[quote]Trenchant wrote:
No. I’m pretty sure RTD’s are comprised of denatured protein (heat needed to pasturize the drink). TC did an interview with someone in the biz, but I can’t find it.

[/quote]

No. RTDs aren’t denatured. Blenders don’t denature protein. Im pretty sure your chicken breasts are, though.

[quote]SonnabenD wrote:
Trenchant wrote:

No. RTDs aren’t denatured. Blenders don’t denature protein. Im pretty sure your chicken breasts are, though. [/quote]

Actually, all current high-protein RTD that I’ve seen are hot filled and thus somewhat denatured.

[quote]SonnabenD wrote:
No. RTDs aren’t denatured. Blenders don’t denature protein. Im pretty sure your chicken breasts are, though. [/quote]

I’m not sure whether to laugh or defend myself. What does this mean?

It means that every piece of protein that is cooked in any way becomes denatured. It would be impossible to avoid all protein sources that are denatured because everything you eat is.

Unless you are living off sashimi.

look at the “protein blend”. its all concentrate: Protein Blend (Milk Protein Concentrate, Whey Protein Concentrate, Calcium Caseinate). you want isolate in your drinks like in Metabolic Drive if you can.

Not this “denature” shit again…

thats good to hear they taste good im actually getting some sample bottles from one of my sales reps tomarrow he told me they were good.