T Nation

Oh To Be Young !!

Hello fellow men or iron…
I started lifting about 8 month ago…
I’ve made good progress… so far…
But 2 month ago I took a young 24 year old buck under my wing to help him out.
He had hardly no training knowledge what so ever… this kid has made awsome
progress in only two months…
I sometimes feel like cutting him off
maybe I’m alittle jealous…
But I love to share all the information
I’ve learned at T-Nation…
Have any of you felt this way…
Any words or comments you all like to share…

I have felt this way just with friends that are just starting out.

I have been helping a friend of mine for about the last 6 months (using programs and info from T-Nation). He is 30, never lifted, 5’9" and was about 190lb. He was so weak. At 5’8" and 160lb, I could at least double the weight in everything we lifted.

Now, he is about 170lb and can almost lift the same weight in everything as me with the exception of bench. Meanwhile, I struggle to keep my diet perfect and programs chaning to try and overcome plateaus.

Oh well…just more incentive too work harder and stay ahead of him. :slight_smile:

Nahhhh…I “share the wealth” all the time with the young bucks. If you can’t pass something on in order to help others what good are you?

You are here to serve more than yourself my friend!

[quote]t-dude wrote:
Hello fellow men or iron…
I started lifting about 8 month ago…
I’ve made good progress… so far…
But 2 month ago I took a young 24 year old buck under my wing to help him out.
He had hardly no training knowledge what so ever… this kid has made awsome
progress in only two months…
I sometimes feel like cutting him off
maybe I’m alittle jealous…
But I love to share all the information
I’ve learned at T-Nation…
Have any of you felt this way…
Any words or comments you all like to share…
[/quote]

Share your knowledge, it?s what makes this site great. And, I have actually learnt more about my own training through teaching/training with others. Sounds like he is in the world of ?beginner?s gains" anyway. Wait for him to start hitting growth plateaus, and then you’ll see what he is made of.

[quote]ZEB wrote:
Nahhhh…I “share the wealth” all the time with the young bucks. If you can’t pass something on in order to help others what good are you?

You are here to serve more than yourself my friend![/quote]

I agree with you zeb.
I also love to share the wealth.
My point is I sometimes feel jealous to a certain point.
I mean this buck one of the few gifted ones in the world.
his size and strength is incredible.

t-dude:

Then it’s not really an “age” issue, is it? This guy sounds like he is gifted and would have made better gains than you in your prime. No?

[quote]ZEB wrote:
t-dude:

Then it’s not really an “age” issue, is it? This guy sounds like he is gifted and would have made better gains than you in your prime. No?[/quote]

I second that. It’s always been very hard for me to gain weight, and it took me ages to increase my body weight by more than 50%, so I know weigh a whopping 168lbs (!), while others just did a few pushups and looked like greek gods.

Off course it’s about results, but not in comparison to others in my view - the only competitor that really counts is you, and if you can beat him over and over again. Everyone else is a friend with similar goals, and helping each other is key.

Makkun