Oh Shi... Muscles!?

[quote]jehovasfitness wrote:
some people just aren’t open to suggestions, and telling them they’re wrong reinforces their will to follow through on what they want to do.[/quote]

No, it’s not a matter of foolish pride for me. I am simply unconvinced that the v-diet is the worst thing for me right now like some of you have been making it out to be. Sure I can eat clean and lose, and actually have real food, but it isn’t the only path for everyone. If you’re worried about me, I appreciate it, really.

And for the record the reason I weigh this much right now is only partly due to diet. I was taking Seroquel for several months and that caused me to eat a lot at night. This was almost a year ago. I had seen a doctor, I’m off the seroquel, and I’ve been eating clean for at least 5 months (I was at about 250 at christmas). 20 pounds was great for me to lose in ~3 months. Now I want to get to my pre-seroquel weight of 205-210, which has been my weight since out of high school without much change. (And I will be dropping from there as well.)

I’m not only onto velocity for the fat loss opportunity. I’m also about just trying it out for others like me (who may be given advice like I’m being given right now) and seeing where it goes - and this is the reason for there actually being a public log so there is a record of success or failure and what went wrong if anything.

If my results suck then so be it, I can not see any permanent harm coming from this type of diet. Strength can be regained and metabolism can return to normal.

I don’t view the beginning training as something super magical. I see it as latent ability finally actualizing and proper fueling WILL allow the latent ability to increase before actual ability hits that wall. I’m not sure how much more latent ability I have (I had worked out in the past, in about 2004, for about 6 months doing mainly weight training.)

Maybe now that you know a bit more about my history and reasoning you can see why I would go for something like this. I’m not trying to be cocky and I’m not being defensive to protect my e-pride.

Let me rephrase then: The V-Diet should be your last resort. As a beginner, you have no business messing up with that diet. But by all means, if you think it’s remotely healthy and have exhausted other fat-loss alternatives, go ahead.

Also, you need to work on your attitude, Mr. Kentucky.

[quote]lixy wrote:
Let me rephrase then: The V-Diet should be your last resort. As a beginner, you have no business messing up with that diet. But by all means, if you think it’s remotely healthy and have exhausted other fat-loss alternatives, go ahead.

Also, you need to work on your attitude, Mr. Kentucky.[/quote]

Mr. Kentucky… I like the sound of that. Makes me sound like a state champion bodybuilder.

Let’s take a look at what you said “As a beginner, you have no business messing (up?) with that diet.” Seems to be a lot of this going around already. I’ve explained my position, thanks for clarifying yours (since I asked you to,) but I disagree. My disagreeing doesn’t mean I’m stubborn and set in my ways… No. I’ve explained this as well a couple of posts above.

Your very first post was nothing but negativity, and that’s all most anyone has been about on my whole fucking thread pretty much. No congrats for trying and success in whatever minor things I’ve done. I’m not looking for that, but it would be nice to hear that along with your opinion on the diet and workout program. That is if you have anything with validity, other than resorting to “You’re a beginner take it easy/heavy and eat clean/<insert 10000 other diet programs here>.”

As far as attitude goes I am sorry you think I have an attitude. Maybe it’s the cultural difference, me being from Kentucky and you from Sweden. Or maybe I do have an attitude. Who cares? If it turns people away from giving advice like the kind I’ve been receiving here the past couple of days, good riddance.

To try and bring some of this back to a more constructive path…

As far as DL being bigger than squats, I’ve found that the weak links are usually the biceps and forearms, not the back. Even big biceps may not be able to handle the direct downward strain on the tendons from the bigger weights, and obviously not being able to grip it, means no way to pull it.

Well?

OP:

I think it’s fair to say everyone here is on your side in your quest to lose fat; and most of them have accomplished the goals you are looking at, so don’t take their criticisms as an intent to hinder your progress. Nobody is competing with you, we all want you to get the physique you want.

That’s the purpose of this forum!

[quote]cdelozier wrote:
lixy wrote:

Also, you need to work on your attitude, Mr. Kentucky.

Mr. Kentucky… I like the sound of that. Makes me sound like a state champion bodybuilder.

Let’s take a look at what you said “As a beginner, you have no business messing (up?) with that diet.” Seems to be a lot of this going around already. I’ve explained my position, thanks for clarifying yours (since I asked you to,) but I disagree. My disagreeing doesn’t mean I’m stubborn and set in my ways… No. I’ve explained this as well a couple of posts above.

Your very first post was nothing but negativity, and that’s all most anyone has been about on my whole fucking thread pretty much. No congrats for trying and success in whatever minor things I’ve done. I’m not looking for that, but it would be nice to hear that along with your opinion on the diet and workout program. That is if you have anything with validity, other than resorting to “You’re a beginner take it easy/heavy and eat clean/<insert 10000 other diet programs here>.”

As far as attitude goes I am sorry you think I have an attitude. Maybe it’s the cultural difference, me being from Kentucky and you from Sweden. Or maybe I do have an attitude. Who cares? If it turns people away from giving advice like the kind I’ve been receiving here the past couple of days, good riddance. [/quote]

Truth be told, it’s sound advice. Like Ponc said, we want you to achieve your goals, and these forums are a place for constructive criticism.
Good work with your plan; you seem very motivated.

[quote]F3M4 wrote:
Theres no way in hell i could deadlift as much as I squat but maybe thats just me…[/quote]

How high are you squatting? There is no way I can low squat what I deadlift.

Couple things…

Most people should be able to dead more than they squat. It’s based on body types though.

Next- why has there been this onslaught of people lately telling others who should and should not do the V-Diet? There have NEVER been restrictions on who the diet is intended for. Shug’s himself has said any and all would benefit from it. It’s not a “crazy-ass” expensive diet. The couple of times I’ve done it over the last 3 years have been my cheapest food/supplement months since I wasn’t buying food.

People need to educate themselves more before claiming to know something they clearly do not know.

[quote]Zap Branigan wrote:
F3M4 wrote:
Theres no way in hell i could deadlift as much as I squat but maybe thats just me…

How high are you squatting? There is no way I can low squat what I deadlift. [/quote]

I don’t think I could unrack what I deadlift. But that’s just me…

Guys, I bumped this, check the dates. The original argument is over, I just want to see what ended up happening. Bet he lost some weight, for sure.

[quote]msd0060 wrote:
Guys, I bumped this, check the dates. The original argument is over, I just want to see what ended up happening. Bet he lost some weight, for sure.[/quote]

If he did the V-Diet on whey I bet he gave up on about day 6 after spending most of the day shitting his pants.

BUMP again

This dude argued his heart out.

I gotta know.