Oh God My Knees

Well on the low bar front it’s as low as a bar is going to get on my shoulders. Could It go lower? Yup, I’ve seen guys with a bar half way down their back but it sure won’t happen with my shoulders.

You can see the left heel rising and you’re right, that ankle is an issue since I’ve done a grade 3 inversion and a grade 2 eversion it’s basically not atttached any more. However I’ll work on keeping the weight back on my heels more.

This is where the bar sits. It’s an old pic bu I still sit it in the same place.

@Reed

So I just watched two videos from Mark Rippetoe showing the same low bar position I use, as well as one from t-nation here showing the same position I use. So if I’m not using a low bar position please show me exactly what that looks like as I am curious.

I’ve seen guys with it way down their back but since I compete in PL that’s not usually legal. Where do you think I should have it to be low bar?

Well, Reed did say that he won’t argue with you. But I’m not Reed, and your bar position in the video looks pretty high and not the same place as in your shirtless selfie. Maybe it’s the camera angle, maybe you have gradually changed your bar position over the course of time. I still think you should just register for KMS since they have several videos that will help with your knee issues, but I suppose some people’s knees aren’t worth $10.99.

1 Like