Oh Canada!

I may be going to Canada in may depending on my work schedule.

I had a pass port in 2000 when I went to London and Africa. But would ned to replace it now.

I contacted Tiple A and was told I do not need a passport in get into Canada, I dont want to drive all the way there and be told to go home.

Did anyone recently goign to canda have trouble with not having a pass port.

As far as I understood it, the USA is the one demanding that Canadians provide passports at the border, not the other way around.

– ElbowStrike

If you are not FLYING into the country, you do not need a passport. You can DRIVE into Canada without a passport. I drove into the USA last week, and I know a few Americans who drove into Canada within the past week as well. You are fine.

We’ll let anyone in without ID. Claim refugee status and we’ll set you up with a free pad and health care.

^ And then, without any evidence whatsoever, we will deport you to Syria on suspicions of terrorism to be tortured, even though you haven’t been to Syria in over 25 years. :wink:

[quote]ElbowStrike wrote:
^ And then, without any evidence whatsoever, we will deport you to Syria on suspicions of terrorism to be tortured, even though you haven’t been to Syria in over 25 years. ;)[/quote]

W00T! free syrian vacation!

I hope that you enjoy our Country. Canada is a great place, but then I am hopelessly and unapologetically biased.

With respect to your question, I agree that it would suck immensely to get here and then be told that you can’t come in.

Accordingly, I invite you to obtain a definitive answer to your question by consulting Passport Canada (link attached below for your reference and convenience).

Acquire knowlege. Share knowledge. Learn. Grow. Together.

Quest

http://www.passport.gc.ca/index.aspx?lang=e

You may also want to check with US authorities. Without a passport, they may not let you cross the border to get home.

– ElbowStrike