Ogre's Log 3.0

GVT
WEEK 2

Squat
225 x 10 got 9 sets in
225 x 8 on last set

If something chases me tonight I am a dead man. I won’t even try to run.

Slight Decline BP
180x10
180x10
180x10
180x10
180x10
180x10
180x9
180x9
180x9
180x9

Super Set With

DB Rows
50x10x10

Top Half OHP
165x10x9
165x9x1

Shrugs
165x10x10

Gun Show

Hammer curls super set with OH Tri Ext
10x10 each

German Volume Training Week 3

Legs
Leg Ext super set with RDLs
10x10xthe weight don’t really matter right now.

I know leg extensions won’t get much love on this site but doing them in a GVT setting has given me a whole new respect for them. My quads are uber pumped and that’s what I am after.

I didn’t DL last Friday at all because I knew what I had in store for Saturday. I solo cut, loaded, unloaded and started splitting 4 truck loads of firewood. Anyone ever noticed that you seem to spend as much time working on your saws as you do cutting with them? I have a poulan, a Steele and a husky. All of them suck. My next saw may be a cheap ass craftsman.

Mid Incline BP
10x10 with 135
Super set with
DB rows
10x10 with 60s

Seated OHP
Super set with
Reverse shrugs
10x10 each

I made up a trap exercise several years ago. I don’t know if it is a real one or not but it seems to work for me. May be dangerous for all I know. I call it a reverse shrug. I get on dip bars and lock out my elbows and then keep them locked. I let myself up and down using my traps. It looks like a shrug.

Yesterday was arms
CGBP super set with EZ curls
10x10

Today was deadlift variation
Rack pulls
10x10x225

Congrats and welcome to the 300 club!

[quote]MattyXL wrote:
Congrats and welcome to the 300 club![/quote]

Thanks. I feel like a better person.

Yesterday

Front Squat super set with Leg Curls 10x10.

I think GVT is working so far. I am about half way through my intended 6 week trial. I can tell a difference, especially in my arms.

My training has been spotty ober the holidays. Not much to log.

Last week I had one leg day, one chest/shoulders day and one SGHP day. In addition to that I split a whole lot of firewood off and on all week.

I hope to het back into my normal routine tomorrow.

Two more weeks of GVT

Legs today

Squat ATG 10x10

Some calf raises

Splitting a bunch of firewood is superb, ass-busting training. I knew a star football player in high school who’s father had a firewood business so the kid spent hours every day splitting wood for his dad while he was growing up. That kid was a muscular freak from 7th grade through high school with firewood splitting as his main training for many years.

[quote]gorillavanilla wrote:
Splitting a bunch of firewood is superb, ass-busting training. I knew a star football player in high school who’s father had a firewood business so the kid spent hours every day splitting wood for his dad while he was growing up. That kid was a muscular freak from 7th grade through high school with firewood splitting as his main training for many years. [/quote]

Yes. I went to HS with two boys whos dad was a pulp wood guy. The boys job was to split some of the excess wood as firewood. Neither ome of them ever lifted but they both looked like bodybuilders. Has nothing to do with splitting wood but when we were Seniors one of them ran a 4.37 - 40 barefoot in the student parking lot on our football strength test.

Chest & Back GVT

Mid-Incline BP
DB rows
Super sets
10x10 each

100 reps of hanging leg raises

Shoulders GVT

I super settled two shoulder exercises today, DB front raises and DB lateral raises. 10x10 each.

Legs GVT

Re-Start Leg Ext super set with SLDL
10x10 each

Finished up and caught the last 10 minutes of the OSU - Oregon game. Looks like Oregon didn’t learn anything in 2010. Hit the weight room boys.