Official Unofficial T-ransformation 2017 Announcement

Fellow T-Nation Members,

Have you ever wanted a reason to take your leanness to the next level and look like a competitor but didn’t really have a great outlet to do it? Ever wanted to see how you might fare getting down to single digit body fat percentage, maybe even “stage ready”? Most importantly, have you ever wanted to post photos of you in you underwear for men on the internet to scrutinize in great detail?

Well then you are in luck my friends.

Introducing the (mostly unofficial) T-ransformation Challenge 2017: Summer Shred Down. An informal physique contest to motivate us to get into the kind of shape that will make our friends and family ask “You don’t look so good, are you sick?” (the answer is Yes, by the way, but it’s more of an in-the-head kind of way)

The goal is to get into the best shape you can from January 1st 2017 to June 1st, and the other forum members will cast their vote as to who wins… “Wins what?” you ask… Why, The adoration of the internet lifting community, of course.

This “contest” is more meant to motivate you and give you an outlet for getting a little crazy with this hobby for a few months, and as such we are operating on an “anything goes” basis. No categories, no weight classes, no natty/non-natty groups… Again, this is meant for us to have some fun, encourage each other, and all get into shape for summer.

The “winner” will be voted on by the T-Nation forum members. We will let the community decide what they think the winner is… Is it the person who looks incredible but only went from 8% to 6% body fat, or the person who still looks amazing but went from 20% to 8%? Or maybe its the person who lost a leg in Iraq and had to get overcome extreme adversity to lean out. The votes will decide your fate.

General Guidelines:

Starting January 1st, There will be an official group thread for general chat, “before” photos, training/dieting questions, encouragement, idea-bouncing, but NOT logging workouts. A training log can be started in the training log section of the forum with the format “T-ransformation 2017: Username Log”

As of this posting you are now aware of the contest, and thus can start leaning out whenever you want. However, before/after photos must be submitted by June 1, 2017 to the Photo submission thread that will be created in May. Voting will commence over a 1 week period and the winner will be determined on June 8 as the person with the most votes.

Anyone can be in on the fun, but the spirit of the contest is to get into really incredible shape. If you just want to get a beach bod or lose a few pounds, we are happy to have you along for the ride but consider really pushing yourself to get into great shape if you want to be “in it to win it.”

That’s about it. Be on the look out for the official thread starting on or around January 1st. Until then start mapping out your plan, asking questions to get ready, and trash talking the other entrants to demoralize them like Arnold in Pumping Iron.

This contest is not officially affiliated with T-Nation or Biotest. It is wholly conceived and initiated by its members acting on their own, and the happenings and writings in the thread do not represent the website or the company in any way.

16 Likes

Anyone can be in on the fun, but the spirit of the contest is to get into really incredible shape. If you just want to get a beach bod or lose a few pounds, we are happy to have you along for the ride but consider really pushing yourself to get into great shape if you want to be “in it to win it.”

Worth repeating, because that’s really the crux of it.

Pretty sure that the majority of people who train with muscle building or fat loss as their priority (as opposed those training for strength or sports) have toyed with the idea of really, seriously going for it to see what they’ve actually built with their efforts so far.

Maybe in the past you’ve gotten a few weeks (or days) into a “real” cut and called it off for whatever reason. Maybe you did a pre-vacation cut for a month or two and the results were “meh… not bad.” This is an opportunity to attack it again, this time with plenty of accountability and support so you can get where you’ve been just thinking or hoping to go.

1 Like

It might be a good idea to have a few standard poses for the before and after shots for comparison purposes.

I’ve never been a fan of people using bodybuilding poses (front double bi, back double bi, “lat spread”, etc.) as progress pics because bodybuilders practice them for weeks, if not months, to do them right - flex everything the same each time, get into the same position, etc. and the average person either screws up the pose or doesn’t hit the same ones each time.

Basic arms-at-sides from the front, side, and/or back is the simplest, most easily repeatable, and probably most harshly accurate/unforgiving in terms of seeing and tracking progress.

We can compare “this person’s” before and after to “that person’s” before and after with more consistency. Of course, a gratuitous most muscular ever hurt anyone before. But that’s gravy, not so much mandatory.

2 Likes

Who is that fat tub of lard? They obviously have no career in the iron game :wink:

I think those poses are good, and maybe a most muscular just because its “easy” to do (relatively untechnical) and wont make most of us kill ourselves because we dont look like we lift unless we do it![quote=“Chris_Colucci, post:2,
topic:223943”]
Maybe in the past you’ve gotten a few weeks (or days) into a “real” cut and called it off for whatever reason. Maybe you did a pre-vacation cut for a month or two and the results were “meh… not bad.” This is an opportunity to attack it again, this time with plenty of accountability and support so you can get where you’ve been just thinking or hoping to go.
[/quote]

Yeah, this is the idea. Its really only the last 6-8 weeks that are really tough, where you are putting other stuff on hold in your life (as opposed to just not eating certain things). I think anyone who has been seriously training 8-10+ years should do this at least once, and this is a great opportunity to do it.

2 Likes

I hope you bitches like to LOSE

because flipcollar’s probably going to win…

8 Likes

@ChickenLittle your ass better be participating!

Why? FlipCollar is going to win anyway. :joy:

Thanks for tagging me in the same thread in the bodybuilding forum. I am looking forward to seeing this!

Well shit, for some weird reason, I’m actually looking forward to seeing if people do this.

Sounds like a blast. Gonna bloat up, ignore shaving, and take advantage of my awesome paleness over the next few days for some sweet before photos.

You still have 4 weeks to work on those before photos. With the holidays fast approaching, I will be taking every last day to pack on those extra couple winning lbs to shed. :hamburger::beer::pizza::beer::cake::beer:

2 Likes

that’s exactly my tactic as well. Going to get fat as fuck for my before photo

4 Likes

Good luck to all participating!!

I’m not kidding, girl. I’ll hunt you down and photograph you

Pshhh, I’m way ahead of all you fuckers. I’ve been fattening up for this contest since 2008…

7 Likes

you would you little pansy… I bet a guy like you could fit into his little sisters clothes when this contest is over!

2 Likes

You all look bad, and you should feel bad. This contest is mine. I’m going from Jonah Hill to The Rock.

1 Like

My ‘little’ sister is 3" taller and had a scholarship to University for shot put…I HOPE I can fit into her clothes when this contest is over.
Needless to say, I workout so that I can at least put up a fight…

1 Like

Soooooooo

How are you’ll planning to train for this?