Official T-ransformation 2017 Thread

@flipcollar Looking yuge man, and tight! If you ever wanted to take a chance on stage, I think you’d kill it. If you put on board shorts you’re not even that far, posing trunks would be a little further but still a hell of a lot closer than most people start. Jeez man. Amazing. Keep killing it!

4 Likes

It always stays in the back of my mind. I may take a short break from competing in strongman (like very short, a few months). If I do decide to begin a show prep, I’ll definitely start a thread. I’d love your input on things like how many weeks out I am, and what my weak points are. I rarely post leg shots, but they may not be lagging as much as you might think. I do have close to a 600 lbs squat, so they aren’t small. But relatively speaking, maybe they are for bb purposes. IDK.

2 Likes

Not to speak for Rob, but I think he means from a leanness standpoint, not a leg size standpoint.

2 Likes

Figured I’d check in. My goal has been to maintain my conditioning while transitioning to a more moderate, ‘lifestyle’ training schedule and diet. So far so good. Still need to figure out how to put on some size without getting fat again, as I’m roughly the same weight as I was when I finished the contest (I.e. small).

IMG_5119

7 Likes

Good to see where everyone is after the transformation. I posted this in my log but will put it here for folk who followed this to see.

20170912_191456

I’m up around 8lbs since the deadline date, and hoping to keep progressing despite having less time to train. Looking to add size to my traps, legs and lower back.

6 Likes

This is where I’m at these days (flexed, two meals in after a nap, poor lighting and hairy AF), waking weight around 192 lbs as opposed to 187 lbs when I last posted

9 Likes

Looking good man! Significantly bigger and leaner! Hell yeah!

2 Likes

Here’s my most recent pics (2 weeks ago):

When life slows down a bit I plan on dropping ~5lbs to get back closer to where I was again.

11 Likes

Current shape. Legs seem to be growing, shoulders and Calves not so much haha

a7931b4327f2e16ae548ff1909c599f01a068660_1_281x500

9 Likes

I think the extra pounds look good on you… No homo…

1 Like

@littlesleeper looking great man, all over! Traps and quads are stand outs, and your back definition is on point, sorting some christmas tree already! Looking awesome dude, keep up the good work!

1 Like

@kleinhound - Great progress man, cut up!

Just IMO I think your shoulders are looking pretty good in proportion to your upper body! Agreed your leg size is on point. What’s your current training program like? To be really picky, your chest separation is awesome, could be a little fuller to match your delts, arms, and legs. Keep killing it man!

1 Like

Last 8 weeks were following the built by bergeron crossfit competitor training that Ben Bergeron puts up for free as I was focusing on conditioning and oly lifts (managed a bunch of PRs) and now hitting up the 531 hard gainers 4 day program, just a week in, for some hypertrophy and strength focus

2 Likes

@kleinhound - Thanks dude! This was two weeks ago and Im probably a couple pounds heavier at the moment as I’ve been on the road a lot since then and not exactly trying hard to remain strict on the diet. Read: I’ve been consuming lots of beer.

@robstein - Thanks man, it’s the shorts that really accentuate the quads! They actually don’t feel that big at the moment, but leg size is not something I’ve ever struggled with fortunately. A few weeks of including some 20rep squats and Ill be down to just a few pairs of jeans again lol. I’m currently on a bit of a mission to attack my shoulders for a few months and hopefully bring them up to speed as I think they are lacking.

@littlesleeper looking awesome at that weight buddy. Just a quick one seeing as you mentioned 20 rep squats. What percentage of your max would you go for and do you just do the 1 set rest pause without racking?

do all you guys shave or are you all just naturally hairless?

4 Likes

@kd13 - Thanks! And I don’t really go in with a % in mind typically. Sometimes I’ll hit a widowmaker set on my back off sets probably between 60-70% ish. I’d say usually around a 12rep max or so, so yes I’ll end up breaking it up into multiple mini sets (10, 4, 2, 2, 1, 1) depending how I’m feeling. I’m pretty sure it was building the monolith that really blew my legs up, and the most I’ve done is 315lbs for a 20rep set (rest paused bar not leaving your back).

@Yogi1 - That pic was 2 weeks ago, I’m already quite hairy. Wife takes the sheep shears to me every month or two to keep it under control.

1 Like

Thanks very much, I think that will suit with my limited weight so will be sure to include some 20rep sets.

@Yogi1 I’m pretty bold, never shaved or waxed. I’m hoping to hit puberty pretty soon though.

4 Likes

No problem! If weight availability is an issue I also think there is benefit to going lighter and maintaining that time under tension without fully locking out the knees for the full 20 reps. Those sets also suck.

Lots of great work in this thread, this is why I love T-Nation.

Also, I can’t wait to enter the 2018 transformation contest.

1 Like