Official T-ransformation 2017 Thread

Down about 20 in 14 weeks. Hopefully not more than another 10 for those abs to come in better. Taken in the restaurant bathroom mid-refeed because I’m a douche.

6 Likes

Fixed it for you…since becoming a bunch more lean the places I am willing to take my shirt off for good lighting has increased exponentially. :smiley:

5 Likes

Trevor you’re a real contender to win this. Your progress so far has been unreal

4 Likes

Good Day T-ransformers

Today officially marks the “8 weeks out” portion of our journey. This is generally the time when things start to become a bit “unsustainable” heading into the final stretch… Up to now its likely you have just had to “clean up” the diet, add in a bit of cardio and watch the fat slowly melt off…

But now you may find yourself doing things like weighing/measuring food. Or eliminating food to where hunger is a thing again, or you getting a bit mentally/physically sluggish at times. You may find yourself adding more cardio than you can fit into your schedule on a routine basis… These are the things necessary to get into “shredded” condition for many people. Nothing amazing was ever accomplished without a bit of sacrifice and suffering.

The nice thing about a target-date diet like we are doing is that we know we “only need to do it for a few more weeks” and then we can let off the gas, which makes it easier to go a bit crazy on the diet/training/cardio.

So with that in mind… Are you on track? Are you a bit behind? Can you see the finish line or does it seem like its too far away to even think about?

I think it’s fair to say you should be within 8-12 pounds of your goal weight at this point. If not things are going to suck pretty hard in the final 8 weeks if you are still “in it to win it”, as you are a bit behind the pace of what you can reasonably lose in the coming weeks. The pounds tend to be easier to lose in the beginning, and sometimes a .5lb loss is all we can expect towards the end.

• At this point I think its appropriate to “open the flood gates” and let people post pics, progress updates, and ask for guidance on an as needed/wanted basis. Whenever you want to post something feel free, even if its weekly shots. Changes can be quite noticeable at this point in the game and week to week changes might need to be made. Try and keep the shots comparable (same lighting, conditions) to keep the advise meaningful.
5 Likes

Thanks man. I didn’t submit my “before” pics early enough to actually be a part of the contest (I don’t think), but I appreciate your sentiment all the same. Funny what happens when you actually train like a bodybuilder, stop trying to jam yourself into lifts that suck for your body/ injury history/ anatomical weirdnesses, and actually stick to a decent nutrition plan.

Here’s to another 10 lbs!

1 Like

Oh, were we not supposed to be weighing all our food and doing 8-9 training sessions a week this whole time? :wink:

1 Like

If you have been following along and want to be in the contest, you are in as far as I’m concerned.

Unless you do better than me, than you are out.

Seriously though, if you have been along for the ride there really wasn’t a “submission deadline” and it’s more fun the more people who are in

6 Likes

Really needed this post this morning! Thanks, Lonnie!

1 Like

I agree with @anon50325502, this was impeccable timing for this post.

MY CURRENT STATUS:

Up to this point I have been doing exactly what you mentioned:

There has probably only been 5 times where I’ve been hungry, and not eaten. I suspect that this number will increase significantly over the next few weeks.

I’ve been consistent with healthy eating and not overeating, but by no means restrictive.

The nicer weather coming with these final 8 weeks helps in the cardio category as I find myself happy to do LISS more frequently with walking the pup. I may also bring the AirDyne out of retirement and do a few bouts a week of HIIT.

I’m currently running Brian/Alpha’s daily workouts from his website which include lots of super/giant sets and conditioning which is providing a whole new training stimulus for me which will hopefully aid in some additional fat burning.
I’m also starting week 3 of his “Healthy Eating Challenge” from his website. High protein, high fat, no direct carb sources. I’m currently feeling great on this type of diet and will likely run this until the end of this competition.

This weekend I weighed in at my lowest at 203.6lbs which is a 9lb drop since Jan 2. Not a crazy weight change compared to most entrants, but feeling good and very minimal (if any) strength loss along the way.

I’m not yet vascular, but I feel like I’m damn close. Hoping to at least double my fat loss up to this point in the next 8 weeks, and this should take me to a level I can be proud of.

The progress by all participating in this challenge has been pretty awesome to see, I’m a little bummed with myself that I didn’t get involved in the community aspect until this was well under way, I hope to see another one in the future and fully plan on participating! Just wanted to drop a line of positivity saying there are some pretty awesome transformations going on! Well done to all.

3 Likes

Still sticking to Keto. Despite a rough February and March, I am 17lbs down and have 10 more to go in 8 weeks.

I’m not sure if I should be happy or sad, but I don’t think I’ve hit a point where it’s unsustainable yet. I occasionally have cravings, but either I’m more mentally strong than ever (doubt it) or I’m satisfied with my current diet. My training has changed a bit. Started with 5/3/1, but have moved more towards a strength movement followed by a conditioning circuit.

1 Like

I get all of my carbs from Michelob Ultra Light . . . oh,wait, I thought I was in the Flame Free Confession Thread.

Never mind.

5 Likes

why are you so keen to stick to keto? Why not just do like BW x 10 cals and have a little carbs in there?

seems almost cultish. I have a female friend who swears by keto. She’s wanted me to help her get into lifting, and asked for nutrition advice, and I’ve told her ‘you HAVE to consume carbs around your workout to maximize muscular gains’. But she won’t budge off of it. It’s one of the only nutritional tenants that I stick so firmly to. Becoming carb tolerant is the best thing a person can do to get sustainably lean. The keto diets, imo, are not sustainable. And they have limits, they only get you so far before you run out of dietary wiggle room. And then you end up reducing your calories to nothing. And you shrivel up and die.

4 Likes

Couple of reasons. First off, it’s easy for me to do. Second is that the punishment for cheating is greater than eating carbs. Simply, I don’t give in and cheat in Keto, but I do eating normal.

It totally is, and it’s really annoying. I don’t advocate people try Keto if they can’t have a healthy relationship with carbs or commit to tracking their food.

I agree for 99% of people. I can totally do it and not think much about it. Once June 1 comes around, I’ll come out. But mainly because I want to get bigger.

If I ever get to a magical place where I’m happy with strength and size, I’d probably stick to Keto 90% of the time and only come out for sushi, Thai food and ice cream.

1 Like

Witnessing - I got down to 174 at 6’1" on Keto, and I just looked skinny. I had no mass at all. So, it does work, but for me, I look better eating carbs and weighing a buck ninety.

Just my take.

3 Likes

I would say I am on track at the minute, in terms of weight dropped it’s more than I expected. I was pretty lean to start with, so to think I could lose 16+lbs at this stage and still not be massively shredded is an eye opener. I know going from such high carb to low carb is gonna skew the numbers in terms of glycogen and water, but still it’s more weight than expected.

It’s starting to get to the stage now where I’m noticing changes without the scale moving much, which gives me hope that I don’t have much more scale weight to drop. I would say I’m maybe 10lb away from where I need to be, but when I carb back up I think I will put a decent few pounds back on very quickly.

Gonna have a mad few weeks and really hit it hard.

3 Likes

I think I’m going to pull the trigger on the Waterbury Summer Project ( https://www.t-nation.com/workouts/waterbury-summer-project) for the final 8 weeks. I’ve been wanting to do it for years and I’m trying to step away from my current program for a few reasons (looking to get away from max effort sets till I have more cals for recovery mainly)

Some of the days look like hell, but that should be fine.

Anyone else looking for a change of pace might want to hop on board with me.

2 Likes

Yeah some of them look tough. Please do the 7 minutes of backwards running out in public!

Would love to run that but would be impossible In the gym I train at during peak time.

1 Like

I will have to make certain modifications because of my gym set up, but I am in a good place to run the program. I wouldn’t be if I didn’t have a home gym, it would be to many trips per week to the gym.

I will likely replace the backwards running with some moderate airdyne. its getting to be hot where I live (in 8 weeks it will literally be 115-120 outside) and I don’t feel like falling on to 150 degree asphalt