Official T-ransformation 2017 Thread

just trying to help with perspective as far as what is actually strong and what is actually competitive in the sport. it’s my usual tough love for folks on this site who make excuses for not diving into competition head first. I promise it’s not something you would ever regret. Nobody does. Competing is exhilarating, whether you win or lose. At the end of the day, signing up for competitions regularly is what keeps me moving in the right direction. I always have very specific things to work toward, and strongman is more well rounded than something like powerlifting, so my overall development continues to move in the right direction. I signed up for a comp in may with a stone to shoulder event, tire flip, keg over bar for max height, deadlift and log press. I’ve only done 2 of those events to this point in competition, and prior to last saturday, i had never shouldered a stone, or pushed myself for speed with a heavy tire. That’s what makes signing up for a competition great. It forces me to train things I wouldn’t otherwise.

And you’re preaching to the choir on zerchers. that’s what makes the conans wheel so tough. the bar you hold is huge, and absolutely crushes you. I hate hate hate hate hate it.

1 Like

A little physique update to get the thread back onto the topic of the challenge (also posted in my log) - Not a ton of scale weight lost, but the Christmas tree seems to be coming in nicely!

9 Likes

Nice work, dude!

Question for the Keto folks, do any of you use Keto supps like InstaKetones?

I’ve never tried a Keto diet and am just curious. Shit’s expensive…

1 Like

@littlesleeper Triceps and rear delts looking sharper too buddy. It looks like you have actually gained some mass there as well as being learner.

1 Like

I’ve thought about trying exogenous ketones, but [quote=“anon50325502, post:364, topic:224854”]
Shit’s expensive…
[/quote]

Leucine can also help speed up ketosis, couple of doses in the afternoon and before bed before starting I think.

1 Like

Try one of Lyle McDonald’s depletion workouts. That’ll speed ketosis. He didn’t invent them btw. Just the first place I found it. You will likely go hypo and get dizzy at some point. That’s how you know it’s working lol.

2 Likes

I’m all natural. No Exogenous ketones for me.

2 Likes

Thanks, everyone. I’m not sure I’ll ever go full Keto, but am planning on doing a very low carb diet for the last month or 2 of the challenge.

I just bought Shelby Starnes Very Low Carb Diet eBook. Does anyone have any expereince with it?

Noticeable improvements man!! Keep it up you’re doing great!

1 Like

5 Likes

Down to 160lb, not actually doing any conditioning work at the minute other than the odd walk, I may up that over the next few weeks.

Hope all is going well for everyone.

5 Likes

We gonna end up with lean mofos up in here

4 Likes

@Yogi1 isn’t it time you upload some pics for the challenge haha?

1 Like

It’s about time I started cutting for the challenge too!

3 Likes

Guess that mean you’ll be uploading your before photos right about now? :smirk:

still showing good development in the pecs and traps

6 Likes

God damnit! Inb4 the end of the challenge and yogi bear disappears from T Nation, creating a new account or something.

1 Like

haha, as if I would go through the hassle of creating a new account. I would simply say something like “I don’t want to post pics. Blow me” and carry on.

But in all seriousness I will post some pics. Currently waiting to find out what’s going on with my thyroid. I don’t want to start fucking with hormones until I know what’s going on with that, and there’s no way on Earth I’m cutting drug free! Far too much like hard work.

I may end up having to do a PSMF or something horrible. I dunno exactly how I’ll play it. I’ll see. Have dropped a few pounds of late just purely through being busy so I suppose now would be a logical time to start. Dunno.

2 Likes

226 this morning after coffee. Up 13 lbs since January. I think I’m doing this wrong guys. Just finished a cycle of 5/3/1 BBB. Keeping it around 2250 to 2500 cals. Belt notches are all on the thinnest notch and shirts are fitting tighter in the right way so there’s some “good” weight there. But still carrying 50lbs too much fat.

Going to have to either psmf or keto for the last two months of this thing.

4 Likes

Not meant as an insult or anything but have you ever looked in a mirror and went “Shit, I’ve an oversized head!” Well, I have(I think) and I think you have it too. Always thought I’d look more jacked if I had a smaller more proportional head. Either that or I’m just simply full of shit.

1 Like