Official 2019 T-ransformation Announcement Thread

My girlfriend (16) literally reset her body clock to a timezone 4.5 hours behind our city when I was overseas. She was sleeping at 5-6am and waking up at 3pm :joy:

Whatā€™s there on the plate in the background?

The background plate is some sort of omelette/scramble thing with everything but the kitchen sink in it. My plate is chicken fried steak and eggs. It was just what I needed for brunch along with the bloody mary bar.

1 Like

Both meals look fantastic!

Yeah, but thereā€™s clearly not enough gravy on the chicken fried steak!

Iā€™m bailing out the challenge.

My daughter was born on Sunday and Iā€™ve had about 4 hours sleep since. Iā€™m running on adrenaline right now.

Iā€™ve also been diagnosed with wrist tendinitis. My lower left arm in general feels like it is in fucking bits. Iā€™ve ignored the wrist for a year and now itā€™s unbearable. I can hardly lift my daughter.

Probably taking a hiatus from lifting for the next 6 months. Try and heal up and help my missus out.

2 Likes

Congratulations - that is amazing (your daughterā€™s birth, not the lack of sleep)

If ever there is a time to have a period off, it would seem to be now. Enjoy it and hope you come back refreshed and raring to smash it.

2 Likes

First, congratulations. But, boo on the drop out. I have a 2 month old at home. I kinda feel like you can adjust your measurement of success. Like stay in, but make the goal to not get worse despite no sleep and injury issues. If you can make it through this without getting fat or weak, itā€™ll be smooth sailing when times are easier. Cause the truth is, now that youā€™re a Dad (which is amazing), itā€™s never really going to be easy. At least not for the next 15-20 years.

In addition to the 2 month old the past week weā€™ve also had a sick 4 year old who hasnā€™t been sleeping well either. I was literally cuddling with her on the couch watching TV and running outside in the cold for 45 seconds every 10 minutes to get my front squat session in yesterday.

And just as a general tip. If you are a Dad that works a regular job, learn to nap at work. If you have breaks, or can curl up in your car at lunch for 30 minutes, it seriously helps. Youā€™d be surprised how decent you can feel on 3 or 4 hours of sleep plus a couple 20-30 minute naps.

Training is my me time and my stress relief, without it Iā€™d be far more stressed and irritable with a new born.

5 Likes

Cheers buddy.

Itā€™s more the wrist issue thatā€™s driving the need to take a break however this is my first kid. The idea of doing 60 odd hours a week at work and rushing to the gym on top doesnā€™t make sense to me right now.

Iā€™m likely going to focus on running and cycling for the next 6 months. Iā€™ll likely end up looking like I have been partying with Freddie Mercury and George Michael at the end of it so its wonā€™t be the physique transformation that T-Nation are looking for :joy:

I did this. Donā€™t do this.

1 Like

Itā€™s weird NOT to put ketchup on eggs!

5 Likes

Down 12 pounds and 2 inches on my waist this monthā€¦ Pretty damn happy with that considering it was mostly done in a sustainable way. Havent started any of my HIIT sessions yet and havent added in any second sessions at all.

Looking good for me so far. Iā€™ll post up some pics later.

7 Likes

Good work @Lonnie123 how much more you got to lose ?

I think Iā€™ll be pretty lean at 175 so another 20 to go

1 Like

So you started this journey around 220!! How tall are you ??

I started at 207. Although technically that was an artificially bloated weight (Iā€™m in another contest that could net me $1,000 if I win, and its based on biggest weight loss % so I ate like shit for about 6 weeks leading up to it)

I just realized I only have another 20 to goā€¦ Iā€™ll edit that other post.

Im 5ā€™9ish

2 Likes

Congratulations!

This is your win for 2019 already!

1 Like

Leg day sucked ass today! An hour since I finished and still feel like Iā€™m gonna :face_vomiting: lol

3 Likes

All time weight achievement so far, hit 145.2kg yesterday, and waist measurement has gone down 1"

3 Likes

Took a picture today and the fat shadows looked like abs lol I feel like June needs to be moved back a little.

1 Like