Official 2019 T-ransformation Announcement Thread

My daily breakfast is 3/4 cup oats, 2 pieces turkey bacon, 1/2 cup fat free cottage cheese, 5/8 cup egg whites, 1 whole egg, 1 scoop whey

A lot of people start their day with oats, huh? Gives me gas all dayā€¦ Not good for work.

1 Like

It doesnā€™t give me gas, but it does make me very regularā€¦

1 Like

Just make me very happy. Seriously the favorite food of the day

1 Like

I feel the same about cream of rice. Canā€™t imagine starting my day without it.

1 Like

Never heard of that. Google makes it look like grits? Does it taste like grits?

1 Like

Very similar to grits, yes. Only a bit moreā€¦ Ricey.

2 Likes

Curious to see where others who are cutting have set their macros, meal timing, water consumption, splits, and pre-post workout regimen???

3 Likes

Iā€™m shooting for about 1,900 cal, 185g protein, 100g carbs, and about 90g fat. I eat 1-2 meals and 3-4 snacks a day starting at about 8AM ending around 7PM. Seems to be working so far. Iā€™m back down to 195 after ballooning up on my Texas trip, lolā€¦

Iā€™ll probably continue to shoot for these calories/macros and just add some AM HIIT and rucking as about 8-10 weeks out from the end.

1 Like

Iā€™m shooting to lose 24 lb, but I wouldnā€™t call what Iā€™m doing ā€˜cuttingā€™, since Iā€™ll still be over 10% BF at the end. Letā€™s just say I have plenty of room to lose fat.

I"m not counting macros at this point, just cutting out all the garbage and eating relatively cleanly, and controlling my portions. Iā€™ll reassess and control things more precisely if I donā€™t feel like my progress is going as well as I like. I donā€™t do any pre-post workout regimen, other than to eat either a meal or a snack within about an hour of going to the gym, and Iā€™m doing 3 days/week whole body + conditioning. I started at 204 and Iā€™m at 199 now. I drink water constantly, but thatā€™s because I never want to have kidney stones again for the rest of my life, nothing to do with this challenge.

3 Likes

Iā€™m starting a long way back from you so Not counting macros other than a rough count on protein. Aiming for 200g of protein a day, still getting some good fats in and Cutting out all sugary crap, most carbs. That will hopefully get me through the first 6kg and after that I may have to get more serious.

2 Likes

Itā€™s all the damn Tex mex and Barbecue options here! My wife is thoroughly enjoying my competition prep as she now has a regular DD available after Mexican and margaritasā€¦ sigh.

4 Likes

I struggle to maintain any discipline unless I go all out and prep everything. I think my brain is simply wired to be OCD about everythingā€¦ good luck bro

3 Likes

What part of Texas?

1 Like

Flower mound area. Just north of Dallas. You?

1 Like

Hill country. NW of Austin.

1 Like

Weā€™ve got family in cedar park and horshoe bay. Beautiful area!

1 Like

I live in traffic ridden Houston. Fucking hate it here.

1 Like

Iā€™m tired of measuring and weighing. Iā€™ve done it for years and finally stopped last year as I gained 30 lbs throughout the year. Iā€™m down 15+ from my peak at 250 lbs in October. My goal is 225 lbs but I have a feeling that Iā€™ll need to keep going to reach my desired level of body fat.

Iā€™m currently aiming for about 3000 cals a day. I should be getting close to 225g of protein but I know Iā€™ve been falling short. If I can finish a day well under my 3000 calorie goal then I do it. Faster progress is alright by me. If I reach my goal then Iā€™ll snap a photo and hold it until itā€™s time to reveal my results in June.

As far as timing of nutrients/mealsā€¦ Someone shared a Dr. Schoenfeld video that was basically a Q&A session with him. It seems we can go about four hours between protein servings. 40 grams is better than 20 grams. 60g hasnā€™t been tested but is assumed to be better than 40g. I donā€™t worry about pre or post workout nutrition as long as I get about 50g of protein in me during that four hour window. Lately Iā€™ve been training fasted or with just a protein shake and a banana. My workouts are followed by a late lunch with plenty of protein and whatever else I find in the fridge.

1 Like

Despite being on vacation for three weeks and eating everything, I lost 1.5lbs. Apparently you can outtrain a bad diet, providing you walk 10 miles a day.

3 Likes