Official 2019 T-ransformation Announcement Thread

Wait till you hear someone say about a 5" cockroach at a restaurant “that’s just a palmetto bug. No big deal”.

I’ve got a buddy with a hog farm in IA who had a hog shit problem.

He excavated a couple large ponds for his “farm-raised catfish” business and took care of his hog shit issue.

1 Like

Aaaaannnnd that’s why I’m starting to spend more money to buy my meat from locally grown sources.

2 Likes

Hey, that is recycling at its finest! Takes a waste product and turns it into quality protein! Same thing plants do with fertilizer, I don’t get why people are so squeamish about it…

Down 7lbs in 3 weeks from cutting out cinnamon toast crunch and pop tarts. Starting to run again too and will bike to the gym when it gets warm enough.

Abs are right around the corner… Or a 2nd bulk, who knows

3 Likes

Some updated pics on my log. Weight was at a new low of 81.1kg this morning.

3 Likes

Timing is funny, I just took a photo update this morning, you now motivated me to update my log for the first time in 3 months haha

3 Likes

Started my cut Monday as well as a new workout. Up 3lbs hahaha. Turns out bulking is more fun.

I know it’s different lighting and angle but I’m still pumped on my progress so far!

2 Likes

We’re exactly 8 weeks out as of today. Just an FYI call to pull plans together for the home stretch.

Only about 60 more days to keep (or get) our diets on track. Maybe 30 or 40 more workouts to get through. Doesn’t sound like all that much, right?!

5 Likes

Ah, fuck.

2 Likes

Sounds like I have plenty of time to drop 10 lbs. I’m expecting to drop 2-3 this week alone. And the sooner this happens, the better. I’m hungry.

1 Like

I’m still stuck at 120! Grrrrrr!

Time is not the Problem for me, it is having visitors for the next 4 weeks and then a 2 week holiday. Staying in a deficit is going to be close to impossible !!!

1 Like

“Hello house guests. I hope you like water, chicken, tuna and vegetables because that’s the entire menu for the duration of your stay.”

2 Likes

Yes and no beer or wine !!

Mate that’s just un-australian

2 Likes

So I came from my Well Woman’s exam today, and I’ve concluded that the nurse who works for my general practitioner may be a bit daft. Not stupid, but… definitely not considerate.

After getting prodded in my nether regions, I go to get weighed, and my nurse just starts rambling about my weight. Conversation went something along these lines:

Nurse: “oh…you’re…weight is unusually high.”

Me: “Unusual?”

Nurse: “Yes, for someone of your height.”

Me: “Well I strength train regularly, and do my best to keep my diet in check.”

Nurse: “I was expecting you to weigh about 70lbs less. Youre rather short, and according to BMI you’re classified as obese.”

Me: “ Do I look even remotely Obese to you?”

Nurse: “No you’re actually smaller than I am.”

Me: “Are you aware muscle weighs more than fat tissue?”

Nurse:”Yes, but the health of bone and connective tissue could be effected in the long run. All that weight sitting on your hips and knees, could cause problems.”

Me: “Are you also aware that muscle helps support bone and connective tissue. My knees hurt because I choose to squat regularly, which inevitably leads to typical wear and tear. My hips hurt due to a past injury, and the flare ups are acute and go away with proper rehabilitation work. I’m no doctor, but with all due respect I don’t think you’re being considerate that I’ve been strength training for last 4-5 years. Wear and tear is bound to happen.”

Nurse: “Would you consider activities with lower impact?”

Me: “ Such as?” (I was more or less humoring her)

Nurse: “There’s run-“

Me: “Are my screenings good? Like blood pressure, cholesterol, FHS, Estrogen, etc?”

Nurse: “Yes, they’re all good.”

Me: “Does my doctor suggest weight loss for health reasons?”

Nurse: “Not at the moment. I don’t see any notes suggesting anything.”

Me: “Then I’m gonna leave now. Have a nice day.”

I really don’t know how to take what she tried to hint at. Or what she was even hinting at. All I know is I’m probably gonna ask for a different nurse. One that doesn’t irritate me. I’ve always been confused how quite a lot of the medical staff doesn’t understand basic strength training, and diet. Like…they’re in the medical field. Why wouldn’t you know that? Or at least understand that?

3 Likes

Yeah, because increased bone density is such a huge problem with women. :joy:

2 Likes

If I had a dollar for every article that’s proposed the benefit of weight training, one of which being what you mentioned, espeacially for women, I would be rich.

It took all of my patience not to be disrespectful.

I did zero in on that one on purpose. She gave the copy and paste answer to the wrong subject.

Sounds like you handled it pretty good though.

1 Like