Official 2018 T-ransformation Announcement Thread

I lift about 0330 and pretty much don’t eat prior to lifting, I eat a normal sized meal about 8p-8:30p and then just wake up and go. Initially I felt like I needed food, but it’s all good now, plenty of glycogen stored up, plenty of power. Good to go! (In the past I’ve used the little wafer/oat cake things, throw a spoonful of peanut butter on it, and away I went, light but energetic)

1 Like

Nah, after soaking overnight they become soft enough to eat easily while still being fairly firm and holding their shape. I don’t really like mushy oats so this worked pretty well for me.

1 Like

That sounds pretty good.

@Despade How long are you awake before you lift? I’m usually up for at least an hour and am pretty hungry by then.

30-40 minutes or so? Alarm at 0300, try to be at the gym, warmed up, working out by 0345. And yeah, initially I felt like I was starving, but eventually I just adapted, and as long as I have at least a regular sized meal around 8 o’clock I’ve got plenty of energy for the gym.

1 Like

You don’t need to, give it a go - I only like it with steel cut oats though.

1 Like

I like to imagine that he is that fat that he has fully engulfed the cat he is shagging underneath him.

2 Likes

The Kirkland (Costco) Greek yogurt is a pretty good no-cook staple. It’s half the cost of Fage and Chobani and 85g of protein per $2.65 tub. Not bad.

1 Like

I plan to be heavier by June than I am now, and hopefully with maybe a pound or 2 less bodyfat.

I’ve deviated from my orginal plan after giving it a lot of thought. I think I can place higher in LW nationals (181) than I can MW (198). I just don’t think I can add that kind of quality size/strength to make the jump worthwhile. I can still add about 6 lbs or so and feel good about cutting to the 181 class for Nationals. That would make me a huge fucking lightweight, as opposed to trying to be an average sized middleweight. I’m going to be willing to do a 15-18 lbs cut for Nationals. It’s worth it this year. I’m waking up around 192 right now, so adding even 6 lbs of truly solid size will be a true difference maker in competition.

4 Likes

Raw oats, honey, blueberries/banana/some fruit, Nutrigrain, top with milk. Depending on the amounts can be an entire breakfast. I go 100 grams oats, 30 grams honey, 125 grams blueberries (because that’s the punnet size) or a whole banana, 80 grams Nutrigrain and 400 mL of whole milk and that’s around 1100 cal with 180 g carbs, 20 grams of fat and 45 grams of protein.

1 Like

Weight at 92.85kg with around 2.5kg hopefully to be shed over next four weeks. Starting to see some progress.

8 Likes

giphy

7 Likes

fine, making small weight losses due to bigger physique. 1 kg (about 2 pounds) in 4 weeks could be better. Adding some conditioning from monday on. Starting with one HIT session a week. Seeing what happens.

1 Like

I am a bit late to start this challenge, but I am planning to do so in 2-3 weeks when I finish my exams.

1 Like

I’m down 3.1kg (6.8lbs) so far, and I’m now around the same bodyweight I started last time. I’m going to incorporate cardio this week.

1 Like

Wasted most of January, but I’m down 2 pounds this morning.

For anyone interested this stuff is legit:

It’s a little pricey (I paid $1.75/ea), but it’s 15g protein (most Greek Yogurt is 8 or 9 iirc) and 14g Carbs. I add blueberries or strawberries and granola. It’s really good.

3 Likes

So, it turns out my body is falling apart. Figured I’d fill y’all in on my general situation.

Tuesday morning, I was having severe stomach pain. Went to the Dr Wednesday, as I couldn’t eat or drink anything without pain. Fairly certain I have a stomach ulcer. On top of that, further testing revealed I’ve got a fatty liver issue and one of my kidney’s isn’t functioning at 100%. I’ve lost a bunch of weight this week, hopefully mostly water. I can’t eat more than a small bite or a small sip of liquid without pain. Still waiting on some more testing, but I’ve already had to adopt dietary changes that may or may not be permanent. Basically means I’ll have to start eating healthy like the rest of you guys, lol. Not to be lean, just to stay alive :slight_smile: Anyway. I’ll let you guys know how the recovery process goes. Every day is getting a little better.

3 Likes

Damn! Bummer man, hopefully you can work out a decent solution relatively quick.

A friend of mine had some kidney problems a few years back and the symptoms came on pretty much over night. I think it took a few weeks, maybe a month, to get back to normal and hasn’t really had any issues since. Hopefully it’s something similar and you can keep on keepin’ on.

Fuck. Get better soon man.

I wish there was a dislike option on here :frowning_with_open_mouth: all the best for the recovery flip.

yea that’s my hope. I honestly believe, assuming that nothing worse comes out of my issues, that this may be a good thing for me long term. I can’t drink alcohol now, and that might be a permanent thing. I’ll be avoiding things that are harsh on the stomach like sodas, too much caffeine, stuff like that. These are all positive things. I’m going to need to make better food choices in general.

8 Likes