Official 2018 T-ransformation Announcement Thread

thanks Rob! That’s great to hear, mostly confirming of what I already thought. You’re right about basically everything here. It makes sense that my chest would be lagging, given that chest is such a low priority for me with strongman training. I really don’t even work on it anymore. It was probably a strong point when I was benching close to 400.

I also carry more fat on my legs, that is the last to go. Not sure about my hamstrings. I can’t see them. lol.

That’s probably a higher stage weight than I would have guessed, so that’s good to hear.

Also agree that more bodybuilding oriented training would get me going in the right direction… that just makes sense. I’m really not on any sort of legitimate split right now at all.

I’ve never ‘supplemented’ with fat loss in mind, so I have a lot of tools at my disposal that I think should be very effective in leaning out quickly. I’ve never used things like clen, thyroid drugs, even fat burners.

I believe that I could see myself pursuing stepping on stage sometime after nationals this year, since the desire to win small strongman comps is waning a bit. Probably would compliment my longterm strongman goals anyway.

Current weight - hair weight + spray tan weight = stage weight.

2 Likes

This is really impressive to me, because I think you were already very lean right? I’m fat, have lost 6lbs., and have had to be pretty strict to even do that.
Good work (you jerk)!

1 Like

Thanks man. I’d say im ‘pretty lean’, subjective though that is, my pics are up in this thread around 1-2 Jan. will take progress pics next Monday.

1 Like

That’s awesome man, please keep us updated! IMO it would definitely compliment your strongman goals. Focusing more on hypertrophy and gaining size will definitely make you bigger and stronger in the long run, and I bet once you get back to strongman training you’d set some new PRs shortly after.

2 Likes

I hope “or three” still stands. I don’t read the forums like I used to and just found this today. Saw myself in some old and current pictures recently and I’ve come to realize I got fat. I’ll post more details in my log and have some pics up tomorrow.

3 Likes

Still hovering around the 265 area. So officially haven’t lost any weight, unofficially down about 8lbs since around the start of December. But 265 now is looking better than 265 did a few weeks ago. Shirts fit better and noticeable improvement in my arms and shoulders. Switched to a more hypertrophy and conditioning based training block this month so this is promising

Am I the only one who’s gaining weight? makes me feel like I’m doing something wrong.

1 Like

Nope I’m up a few lbs. Haven’t been able to do any pushing other than straight overhead due to a bum shoulder. Chest looking smaller but reaping booty gains from upping squat freq. I’m on the gain train till ~mar 1.

My goal is to gain weight. Hopefully I’ll start succeeding soon.

1 Like

Everything is going well so far.

Kinda doing a back and forth thing. Gain some muscle lose some fat, gain some muscle, lose some fat. So the scale has been standing fairly still, but the few check ins I do in the mirror look pretty good.

Haven’t really been giving much thought to the scale or body measurements, I’m just focusing on chasing strength still. I think probably towards the summer I can give myself another proper deload and spend some time working on conditioning and slimming down a bit.

But at the present time I’m content where I am.

2 Likes

Sitting around 206 lbs now and not massively fluffier so I’m happy.

1 Like

You always gotta watch out for that massive fluff !!!

1 Like

Not fat. Just fluff!

3 Likes

Seeing as how you joined the forums exactly one day after me (holy shit, 13 years ago in a few days), I think we can allow it. Go for it.

2 Likes

Wow! I’m just not sure how I feel about this.

1 Like

I’m looking for cold breakfast ideas. Something I can eat at 4ish and lift around 5:30. Any thoughts? What do other AM lifters do?

One I came across and am going to try is Skyr/Greek Yogurt and fruit.

1 Like

For a while I’d put oats in milk in the refrigerator over night, in the AM toss some fruit and a little protein powder in and mix it up, good to go!

1 Like

You don’t cook the oats first?

Protein Shake:
Almond Milk
Scoop Protein Powder
TB Coconut Oil
TB Peanut Butter
TB Cocoa Powder
Ice
Blend

Edit: Approximately 600 Cals.

1 Like