Official 2018 T-ransformation Announcement Thread

Hell no! We were out on the side of a mountain looking for a hiker who broke his leg, and I didn’t watch my footing and went straight to snap city

Dude! That is just unlucky. Hurting your leg whilst searching for someone who broke there leg.

Hope it heals up soon mate

Yeah, the irony definitely wasn’t fucking lost on anybody I work wth :joy:. Still horrified of having to go back and show my face lmao

5 Likes

I recently started out these two weeks running Smolov style squatting. And within the first five days, my knees felt like were going to burst. So I’m probably going to trash this setup, and start over with a conjugate program I’ve used for a while.

Been implementing more mobility work and cardio every other day and more ab work for my back health.

At the moment I’m down 3-5lbs, but I’m doing my best not to obsess over what the scale says.

2 Likes

I’m some kind of weirdo whose knees actually feel better when I squat frequently

1 Like

I have a similar thing with a decade long ‘bad back’ that feels better when I deadlift regularly.

Dude, the first rule of rescue is to not make the situation worse by becoming a victim. lol

1 Like

What a novel idea. I wish someone would have taught me this little gem of info before I went for a casual stroll up a mountain with a 50 lb medic pack on my back and a stretcher in my hand

5 Likes

Plus I’m not a victim. I’m a strong, independent black woman who don’t need no man

7 Likes

How is everyones month going?
Working hard i certainly hope!

3 Likes

Down to 192 as of this morning, so a solid 8lb weight loss so far, 14lb on paper if you count the 6lb I lost in the first day, which I don’t.

Knowing I have to weigh in at 181 by the start of March really helps with motivation and staying on track, strictest I can ever remember being for this long.

2 Likes

At 9.8% at 93.5kg yesterday with a final 5 week push planned.

No idea what the goal is going to be once this one completes though.

2 Likes

1 Like

Haven’t weighed in for the last 2 weeks but may do so tomorrow to see how things stand. Diet & training have both been very good the past 2 weeks although I really struggle to keep my online log updated - I have a training diary & have amended it to include my nutrition through the day but as it’s so repetitive it seems a bit pointless to update online every day.

Happy with my progress so far based on looks & feel but will see if that’s still the case in 4-6 weeks time & re-evaluate then.

This is pretty much where I’m at… mostly consistent with the diet but haven’t done any measuring. I’m at the tail end of a strength phase so I’m trying not to cut cals too dramatically, just clean up the crap I was eating which I have done 95%

2 Likes

Training has been consistent. To be fair that’s never an issue.

Diet on the other hand…

Touch and go. Weekends are hard when I’m with the missus and we decide to get a Chinese or something to that effect.

Eating clean the majority of the time. Lots of kefir as well.

One thing I need to get in order is my water consumption. It’s really bad. I rely mostly on said kefir and coffee.

I took this towards the end of my water cut for this weekend. The ab and quad veins were definitely coming out by the end. I’m still waking up in the mid 190s. Pretty lean. I attribute my gainz to the brain candy sitting on my counter.

EDIT: @robstein I know this is difficult based on 1 picture, but I was hoping you could give me some feel for this. Based on how I look here, what do you think a proper ‘stage weight’ would be for me? How many fat pounds would I still need to cut? This is me dehydrated at maybe 185 or so. Hydrated weight about 10 more lbs.

6 Likes

You’re a beast man! Happy to offer some thoughts. It is hard to judge from one picture without seeing your back or the rest of your legs. You wrote mid 190’s, so for the sake of discussion let’s pick a dry 195lbs for this pic. It also depends on if you’re thinking of bodybuilding or physique. Assuming bodybuilding, I would guesstimate another 8-10ish lbs of scale weight to lose to get on stage and leave no question that you undoubtedly belong up there.

What I based this from, and again, it’s my best guess.
-Vascularity is in point
-Boulder shoulders coming out
-upper lats look great and it’s a relaxed pose, I bet your front lat spread would be killer

-abs are clearly defined but ideally would have deeper valleys between them
-obliques need to be more detailed
-leg vascularity looks great, but quads ideally would have deeper cuts.
-wanting to see more lines in the chest and shouders

Based on this pic, I am guessing you’re like me, and your upper body is ahead of your lower body. I would always judge my quads to see how close I was. Even at 4-5 weeks out, my upper body and hamstrings were ready, but quads were always the last thing to come in.

Something else to keep in mind, when you get to very low body fat, there comes a point where scale weight will slow down or stop, but conditioning will improve. I’m not quite sure how/why that happens, but I noticed it for all my shows, and the folks I’ve prepped for stage. For me in 2017, it was 141lbs. I was on stage at my fruit show at 141, and my second show was 7 weeks later, and my scale weight didn’t change much between shows, but I definitely got tighter, mainly in the quads and upper body looked much drier/harder for myself second show. I think I was 1.5lbs or so lighter on the scale for my second show after peak week.

So, it’s possible that you might only lose another 3-5lbs on the scale but keep getting tighter as you go along.

Based on current conditioning, if you were to consider hopping on stage, I think 12-13 weeks would be sufficient, after running a maintenance nutrition plan for 4ish weeks to determine your best maintenance and starting point for starting a stage prep. 12-13 weeks is short, but, you’re already very lean, so you wouldn’t want to drag it out too long. My preference would be 13 or 14 weeks to leave room for potential stall outs and unexpected issues since it would be the first prep, as long as you can hit the ground running and know where to start. Keeping in mind “peak week” is really just preparing your body to look right on stage, and at that point the work is done. So, a 13 week prep is really 12 weeks to “get it done.”

If you were to consider stepping on stage, I think working chest twice a week during your prep would be beneficial. You’ve got a ton of muscle, a thick hard mid section and massive shoulders. Your chest looks good already, but could come up just a little to be more proportional to your shoulders and lats. It could also be that just by implementing some more bodybuilding style training leading up to the show, that would take care of itself.

Congrats on your showing this weekend man! You’ve got an insane physique for a strong man, and I know I’ve said it already, but man I’d love to see you on stage brother!

3 Likes

Weight is down. Muscle mass in my left leg is down. I’m still only training one leg and upper body on machines.

My goal is to be a larger human being so you could say I’m crushing it at this point.

2 Likes

Last week was hard. Thursday and Friday had meetings from 7am-8pm. Only thing available was donuts. Had a few but made sure to hit cardio harder.

Question: if I eat a few donuts, but still go to bed hungry, will I lose weight? Haha