Official 2018 T-ransformation Announcement Thread

yeah APT. I’ll look into those fixes. I’ve been doing a lot of face pulls (maybe need to do more). Thanks!

1 Like
1 Like

thanks for the link, @ChickenLittle

1 Like

Oh nooooo, what an unforeseen turn of events that everyone saw coming. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

5 Likes

I just joined the forum after seeing this thread. Is it too late to enter the challenge? I’m 5 weeks in on a CT program, already dropped 30lbs this year with ~30lbs to go. Middle age dad who lifts with his 16yr old son ~6 days a week so I’m doing it with or without this challenge but this sounds like a fun way to maintain the focus.

1 Like

Join up man, its a very informal thing. We are happy to have you and help you be your best

3 Likes

Thanks, will do!

1 Like

Ok, I created a log but I can’t seem to figure out how to tag it with T-ransformation2018

Gotcha covered there.

Thanks!

1 Like

Accepting late entries?

1 Like

Yeah, go for it. If anything you’re at a disadvantage.

2 Likes

Basically, it’s not too late to enter. But… … … the idea of the challenge is to work for major physique changes and starting from Jan 1 kinda served two purposes. 1 - It’s long enough that everyone, regardless of experience, condition, plan, etc. can see improvements. More experienced lifters sometimes need extra time to see visible changes, while less experienced lifters have time to deal with obstacles, sidetracks, and (likely) a few mistakes along the way while they figure out what works best for them.

2 - It lets us see the entire thing play out for everyone over the whole time period. Jumping into the game late is fine, but we don’t want people silently agreeing to themselves to enter the contest, working on the sly from January to April (because they’re not happy with how their current Before pic would look, or whatever reason), then decide to publicly announce they’re “starting” by tossing up a pic on April 15 and saying “Hey guys, I’m in. Gonna start cutting 'til June.”

This is, at its core, a forum community event. A group of like-minded folks doing the one thing that this site is all about - training hard and seeing results. That’s why stuff like the Training Logs are key. It’s another reason and another way the community can act like one. Short-changing the process misses that side of it, even if it doesn’t necessarily impact results.

So, for sure, if someone’s on the fence and decides in a week or three, “Screw it, '18 is my year. I’m going for it”, cool. Do it. You’ll be a little behind schedule and will have ground to cover, but as long as you stick to the spirit of the challenge, you’re good to go.

1 Like

On that note, how did everyone’s first week go? I pretty much stuck to my “no shit this week” rule and am on track for a good week 2 as well

2 Likes

This week will be my week 1! Last week was my last week of vacation.

Meals are prepped, I’ve suckered a friend into being my gym partner for the month (extra push and most time he would commit to), and I’m going to dust off my cardio equipment. Looking forward to it!

1 Like

I have started a little cardio and not eating crap, but not really focusing on hard diet specifics. So… it’s going?

2 Likes

I went to bed hungry every night and woke up and did cardio fasted 4 out of 7 days. That’s an improvement over last year already.

2 Likes

i worked out once. that was big.

4 Likes

So far today amongst other things I have eaten left over Chinese food from last night’s take away, plus a whole chicken with 4 slices of bread, 12 chocolate truffles and drunk 3 hot chocolates. Still have two large meals left to eat before bed.

I think my struggle is different to most involved!

2 Likes

First week of 2018 was not ideal as far as training goes for me. Travel and illness kicked me in the nuts so I’m looking to get a late start and kick things off tomorrow.