T Nation

Officer, Arrest That Child!!

"Police send four police officers to tackle boy, 11, who called schoolmate ‘gay’
By LIZ HULL - ?

When two policemen turned up unannounced at Alan Rawlinson’s home asking to speak to his young son, the company director feared something serious had happened.

So he was astounded when the officers detailed 11-year-old George’s apparent crime - calling one of his schoolfriends ‘gay’.

They said primary school pupil, George, was being investigated for a ‘very serious’ homophobic crime after using the comment in an e-mail to a 10-year-old classmate."

Big Brother is watching YOU!!

[quote]Headhunter wrote:
"Police send four police officers to tackle boy, 11, who called schoolmate ‘gay’
By LIZ HULL - ?

When two policemen turned up unannounced at Alan Rawlinson’s home asking to speak to his young son, the company director feared something serious had happened.

So he was astounded when the officers detailed 11-year-old George’s apparent crime - calling one of his schoolfriends ‘gay’.

They said primary school pupil, George, was being investigated for a ‘very serious’ homophobic crime after using the comment in an e-mail to a 10-year-old classmate."

[/quote]

Holy crap, so now it’s illegal to call someone gay!

The thought-police are coming! So beware or you will end up in a Politically Correct jail like Sweden!

[quote]Headhunter wrote:
[/quote]

Big Brother IS watching. Did you read that they are installing speakers with many of the street cameras, so operators can speak to the people being surveilled?

So…anybody besides me praying for Armageddon?

[quote]nephorm wrote:
Headhunter wrote:

Big Brother IS watching. Did you read that they are installing speakers with many of the street cameras, so operators can speak to the people being surveilled?[/quote]

If televisions ever work both ways (as in ‘1984’), I and my family are fleeing to northern Manitoba! ;D

I’ve been amazed at some news items recently that are dealing with children being arrested.

Since when do police arrest children - especially for minor bullshit?

You know, if the kid wasn’t issuing death threats via email, or other stuff that isn’t mentioned in your synopsis, then he could be talked to by people responsible for keeping order in school or whatever… “stop bullying Jimmy, we don’t allow that.”

I’m sick of how much some people are trying to make the world perfect for everyone all the time. Life just isn’t like that and overprotecting people just makes them susceptible when they are eventually forced to deal with real problems that have real consequences… without any practice.

That will teach that punk to use a … uh, word. Yeah.

Guess it’s time to bring back the death penalty, if these vicious “hate-crimes” don’t warrant the big sleep, then I don’t know what does.

So it’s against the law to call someone happy?
Isn’t that what gay means?

[quote]kevinm1 wrote:
Isn’t that what gay means?[/quote]

gay boy becomes happy boy!.

Ahah, Kids just use gay as another word for stupid…fucking idiots wasting tax dollars.

http://www.slate.com/id/2164004/fr/flyout

"On March 28, Desre’e Watson, a 6-year-old kindergarten student at Avon Elementary School, had a bad morning. She cried. She wailed. She kicked. She scratched. She hit a teacher. That’s what the police say, anyway.

The police? That’s right. To subdue the unruly kindergartner, school officials phoned Avon Park’s police department (“committed to enhancing the ‘Quality of Life’ of the community”). When the cops arrived, young Desre’e attempted to resist arrest by crawling under a table.

But Avon Park’s finest pulled her out, cuffed her, put her in a police cruiser, drove her to the county jail, and charged this 50-pound menace with a felony and two misdemeanors. The police report is below.

“When there is an outburst of violence,” Police Chief Frank Mercurio told a local news station, “we have a duty to protect and make that school a safe environment for the students, staff and faculty. That’s why, at this point, the person was arrested regardless what the age.” Let’s hope his message gets across to those brats in the neonatal wards."

I was both disgusted and amused when I read this. You can see the police report if you click on the link.

[quote]SeanT wrote:
kevinm1 wrote:

Ahah, Kids just use gay as another word for stupid…fucking idiots wasting tax dollars.

[/quote]

Yeah, and they just use nigger for anything shoddy, low quality, or inept (to “nigger-rig” something, “nigger-lipping” a cigarette, “nigger-work” to describe a demeaning job).

But of course… thats not racist. The same way using “gay” for “stupid” isn’t homophobic.

Right?

[quote]CappedAndPlanIt wrote:

Yeah, and they just use nigger for anything shoddy, low quality, or inept (to “nigger-rig” something, “nigger-lipping” a cigarette, “nigger-work” to describe a demeaning job).

But of course… thats not racist. The same way using “gay” for “stupid” isn’t homophobic.

Right?
[/quote]

I think the association between nigger and inferiority isn’t analogous to gay/stupid. But that’s quite literally arguing semantics.

Any way around, I don’t want the police being able to arrest people for being “homophobes”, calling people gay, or calling people stupid. Especially not children.

[quote]CappedAndPlanIt wrote:
SeanT wrote:
kevinm1 wrote:

Right?
[/quote]

Or taking the word gay and using it to describe homosexuals
The word means happy
The word fag is slang for cigarette
People are too fucking sensitive

[quote]pat36 wrote:
So…anybody besides me praying for Armageddon?[/quote]

I’m praying for rain. I’m praying for tidal waves. I wanna see the Earth give way. I wanna watch it all go down…

Learn to swim.

[quote]kevinm1 wrote:
Isn’t that what gay means?[/quote]

That would be an great defense

I wonder what the chances are that he or anyone in his class will ever make this mistake again. Maybe one day it will save one, two, or even three homosexuals from being marginalised in society and feeling the hate.

Hey, maybe one day all the hate against homosexuals will go away. Hey… wait a minute, that would mean that this is a GREAT way to start.

idiots.

[quote]Contach wrote:
I wonder what the chances are that he or anyone in his class will ever make this mistake again. Maybe one day it will save one, two, or even three homosexuals from being marginalised in society and feeling the hate.

Hey, maybe one day all the hate against homosexuals will go away. Hey… wait a minute, that would mean that this is a GREAT way to start.

idiots.[/quote]

You are of course right, oh incredibly educated one.

Not only should government teach us how to behave and what and what not to say, they should start as early in life as possible.

I suggest separating children from their partents unenlightened influence as early as possible and to hand them over to more progressive people like, f.E, you.

That would require banning all firearms, but you allready know that, don`t you.

Because finally, when all power is held by the most corrupt and murderous organisations known to man, governments, peace on earth will finally come true…

Idiot.