Offer Tip, Win T-shirts!

Here is the link I was talking about…
Let’s all reread it…

If you wanna bench heavy you need to train your external rotators!

Food and workout logs.

Now you might think only newbies go around gyms with logs, which couldnt be more wrong. Logs help you pin point what works best for you, what you have been avoiding and what you are struggling at.

Food logs help make sure get to your nutritional goals.

And one other tip i would like to throw your way, ASK QUESTIONS. These forums will provide you with everything you need to go form an overweight or skinny person to feeling and looking like a T-vixen or T-man. Whatever is on your mind ask, be it advice, drugs, supplements, workouts, critique or just some off topic question. Dont be left in the dark, ask others with experience for help.

Enjoy

One word: consistency.

Everything works…but only with consistency.

Just when you think you’ve learned enough about something, read it over again. So many times i have ran out of the house with a half memorized idea or technique and wish i had the computer in front of me at the gym. Patients is a virtue.

With all of the readings and searchings for the ‘perfect’ programs, just remember to stay consistent in everything you do. From your diet/nutrition, training, supplements, and rest - keep a steady consistency and don’t break it! Taking one day off when you’re not supposed to is just taking a step backwards in all of your hard work and what are you striving for? To take steps forward and improving every single day!

In all my years of training, there has been nothing better than the last four that I’ve spent studying this very sight.

For a newbie, dedicate the time to read everything you can consume right here at http://www.t-mag.com and you’ll SEE RESULTS.

I would say stick to the basics, keep it simple, stupid.

stay with the basic compound exercises, do the hardest movements first and eat big.

hang around the T-mag if you want to learn how to do it right.

lets see… oh yeah…

DON’T CURL IN THE SQUAT RACK!!:slight_smile:

use the search function in the lower left hand corner of the screen and read the FAQ’s on the home page to find solid information.

Be consistent. Watch your form. If you can’t lift with proper form use less weight. Read everything on T-mag from Christian Thibaudeau.

Me Solomon Grundy

Get your hands on as much training and nutrition information as you can from reputable sources. Knowledge is power.

1.I think like most people said,when starting out,keep it simple.

2.FORM FORM FORM.I can’t tell you how many times I’ve looked up after doing a set and watched some 150 pound guy try to lift entirely too much weight with horrible form.

3.READ.Being a T-man to me is as much about knowledge of the “Iron Game” as it is about actually being in the gym lifting,whether its proper training or nutrition,you can never know “enough”.All of the people who write for T-Mag rock but my personal faves are anything by JB for nutrition and Christian Thibaudeau for training.

4.This is something that your probably gonna be doing for a long time so don’t be impatient.Believe me I know how hard it is to know where you wanna be and not be there yet.With the proper training and nutrition you’ll get there just stick with it.

5.Once again your going to be doing this for a long time,so take care of your body.6% body fat now is great but not at the expense of not being able to lift your arms over your head in 20 years.

Being a T-man certainly isn’t easy but its definitly worth it.

K-Narf
ohh yeah and if ya ever need motivation read this

deadlift.

Supplements are great but a good diet will never fail, first spend your money on whole foods then if their is money left buy some good supplements (Biotest ain’t bad).

It is really hard to give a newbie advice without knowing their goals. I see a lot of advice on workout programs, advice on studying and learning, and advice on nutrition. And it’s all great advice. It’s almost too much advice. Where does a guy start?

I personally don’t care too much for nutrition. I don’t eat too much junk, but I like my share of ding-dongs. I take in a lot of protein, and I try to eat 5-6 times a day. But. I don’t follow anything religiously. I’m not into bodybuilding, so it’s not a priority to me.

However, when I first started lifting weights, I didn’t what my priorities were. I didn’t know what I was trying to accomplish in the gym. If you asked me what my goals were back then, I would’ve shrugged my shoulders and probably said, “I don’t know, get strong I guess.” I assumed that by “getting strong” everything else would follow. I would get a six-pack, I could bench 4 plates, I could run a 4.4 40 yard dash. I didn’t know what I was doing, and no one could help me because I didn’t know my goals.

My point is, you need goals. But as a newbie, you probably don’t know what your goals are going to be. Do you want to be a bodybuilder? A powerlifter? A track star? We don’t know. And you probably don’t either.

My advice for you then is to find your goals. Find out what you want to get out of the gym. I’m not saying don’t lift until you find out. I’m saying just the opposite. Go to the gym and start lifting.

Find a well-rounded program to follow. Something for a general athlete or basic strength and conditioning. Don’t force yourself into a strict, advanced diet right away. Slowly start eating healthier. But if you like ding-dongs, meet me for lunch every now and then. Start taking in more protein, since almost any newbie will beneit from that.
Just start something well-rounded and start it now.

As you stick with it and progress, you will start to see and learn things. You start to find out what kind of “gym athlete” you want to be. And then you can get specific and set your goals. It may take some time. You might even start training for something and change your mind. That’d fine. Just keep training and change your goals.

Goals are the key. Make them, reach them, and make new ones. It took 3 years for me to realize my love was powerlifting. Would I be farther along in my training if I had been training for powerlifting the entire time. Yeah, but there was no way for me to know that I wanted that. I had to finger out on my own.

So go and start training and figure what you want. Then go get it.

Here’s something to think about. No fuss, no buts, just get off your butt and just do something!

1. Train hard (first learn what the hell you are doing).
  2. Eat right (learn how to do this first).
  3. Recover (learn about this).
  4. Repeat the previous three over and over again and you will make gains.

Start with the basics:

1. Squat
  2. Deadlift
  3. Bench

Eat lots, eat clean and make sure you progress in weights or reps every workout while using good form.

Don’t sacrifice proper form, and risk injury, just to lift more weight.

Search. Search. Search.

The truth is out there.

1. Make lifting fun, especially for the noobs. If you don’t enjoy it, you won’t do it consistently enough to make gains and see a difference.

2. Deadlift.

Don’t lift heavy all the time.