T Nation

Off Topical and Onto Injections

I am 27 married with a kid. I am really active and thought I’d check my bloodwork and test levels. In the end i was 249 for my Test levels. PC put me on Axiron (liked the results but didn’t like the fact that i could pass it to my son, wife, or people i spar with since i do a lot of MMA). I got a referral to an Endo and he agreed with giving me injectable Test every 2 weeks. Eventually i will be taking it home.

I am concerned about water retention, gyno, and also my testes not producing. I brought up these concerns but he suggested just the Test.

Should i continue to hound him about the AI and HCG or should i just start the regiment on my own or should i STFU and carry on?

I asked him extensively if i need any anciliarries ie an HCG or AI. He admittley kept saying no. What say you guys?

I personally dont think it is necesssary to jump in with T, AI, and HCG to start. Certain situations warrant all 3, but if you do not currently have high E2 then I do not think starting with an AI is appropriate. You almost certainly will not get gyno from it. Water retention is also overblown at TRT doses.

HCG is more hit or miss. If not done having children, I can see wanting to start it sooner rather than later. But again this is also individual.

You need to inject at least twice a week, none of this every 2 weeks crap.

Where are you located so we can recommend other Dr’s In your area. I have contacts all over the country …

[quote]VTBalla34 wrote:
I personally dont think it is necesssary to jump in with T, AI, and HCG to start. Certain situations warrant all 3, but if you do not currently have high E2 then I do not think starting with an AI is appropriate. You almost certainly will not get gyno from it. Water retention is also overblown at TRT doses.

HCG is more hit or miss. If not done having children, I can see wanting to start it sooner rather than later. But again this is also individual.

You need to inject at least twice a week, none of this every 2 weeks crap.[/quote]

Thanks for the prompt response!! My Endo said that an AI wouldn’t be Necceseary at our trt dose (200 mg test depot cypionate by Pfizer)

I am not done having chIldren and would hate for this to hinder that from happening. How should I go should the hcg? And should I just forget about the AI? Sorry about the repeated question but i get a lot of mixed signals from the information I’ve gathered.

[quote]Hardasnails wrote:
Where are you located so we can recommend other Dr’s In your area. I have contacts all over the country …[/quote]

I’m in Sacramento California (El Dorado Hills 95762). The Dr. Seems like a decent dude but is a little on thr older side and I’m it sure if he is up to date With his literature of new TRT sciences. The hardest part is finding someone near me who accepts my insurance (Medi Cal)

Other poSters please contribute and ask any questions comments or concerns.

You ask “how should I go about the hcg”…you need to convince your doctor that it is medically necessary…expalin to him that you want to remain fertile and keep your testicles from shriveling up and aching…he may or may not come around, and if he doesnt you need to either find a new doctor or take matters into your own hands.

[quote]VTBalla34 wrote:
You ask “how should I go about the hcg”…you need to convince your doctor that it is medically necessary…expalin to him that you want to remain fertile and keep your testicles from shriveling up and aching…he may or may not come around, and if he doesnt you need to either find a new doctor or take matters into your own hands.[/quote]

Thanks again for the prompt response… That’s the answer I was looking for basically… Now that i know an HCG is necessary for my situation i didn’t know if I should be as forthcoming to my Dr. but now I will be a little more sure about my desire to get on an HCG… Should i do the same thing about an AI… I feel like my body naturally has high estrogen and don’t want to sacrifice all the athletics I do and not look any better and feel any better…

Do you recommend that i convince him about the AI too or “take matters into my own hands” also what dosage of AI and HCG do you recommend?

Thanks for all the help guys, this is a big deal to me, as I’m sure it is to you guys, so i wanna do it right.

Do not start AI without a blood test to demonstrate its need.

Talk to your doctor about HCG @ 250 iu 3x/week

A good starting AI dose is between 0.5 to 1 mg/week in divided doses.

Thanks again VT… I’ll let you know what happens after i see my doc in a few days!

Please share any other information you guys think that will be of substance.