Off-Season Program

I’m wondernig our opion on my off-season program for football. I am coming off of a torn labrum witch a had to get surgery on so i want to make sure what i am doing isn’t going to stress the labrum to much and if it is good for football next season.

Monday:
Full squats or box squats: heavy 3-5
Power cleans: 6x2
single leg exercise: 3x8-10
low back: 3-5x10
abs: 3-5x5-10

Wedensday:
Bench press or incline press: heavy 5
pull-ups: 5x10
3 way shoulder raies: 3x15
tricep extentions: 3-5x8-10
forearms: 2x10

Friday:
deadlifts or dealifts of 3" platform: heavy 2
speed box squats: 8x2
RDL: 5x5
Weighted situps: 5x5

Sunday
speed bench press: 7x3
Close grip bench: 5x5
Shoulder press: 3x10-12
Chest supported rows: 3-5x10
biceps: 2x10

stats(before surgery)
Height: 5’8
weight: 200
bench: 235
squat: 365
deadlift: 365
Powerclean: 225

I will also be doing sprints/aglitiy 2-3 times a week and some plyometrics.

thanks for the help.

Do yourself a huge favor man. Fork over some dough for Eric Cressey’s Ultimate Off Season manual and take the guess work out of it. Seriously, I only wish I had this thing when I was playing high school ball!

Pat

[quote]Tom Imbrogno wrote:
I’m wondernig our opion on my off-season program for football. I am coming off of a torn labrum witch a had to get surgery on so i want to make sure what i am doing isn’t going to stress the labrum to much and if it is good for football next season.

Monday:

Wedensday:

Friday:

Sunday

stats(before surgery)

thanks for the help.[/quote]

All in all it looks good the exercises etc. The labraum your going to just have to feel it out man and if anything begins to aggrevate it back off a bit.

Now what I dont like. I really dont feel you need speed bench, or more than likely even a speed Lower day. You just need to get dog ass strong right now. The numbers just dont equate to needing more speed yet but more all sround strength. Mainly the upper body.

Id suggest you look at DeFranco’s West Side For Skinny Bastards.Doing it with plenty of sprint work, game drills. working on explosion, power, speed strenght. Maybe have a day insted of low body DE a odd lift day. draggin crap, flipping tires, jumping, sprinting etc. you should have plenty of time to rest in the summer so recovery will be less of a hinderance from this just have a good day of rest prior to the Lower heavy (ME) day.

the above work will translate well to the field, make you game strong and game fast not just gym strong.

The the upper days the having the ME day and RE day. you’ll pack on the strength, and size needed.

The food will help with the weight though that is position dependent, sorry nothing of the above will help with the height but hey no worries you may still have some growing in you had my last spurt at 20 or so and @ 16 you prob still have some inches in you and for sure the hormones ragin’ to pack on the muscle.

The advice to get EC’s manual is a good one as well. and

best of luck hope this helps,
Phill

[quote]Tom Imbrogno wrote:

Monday:

Wedensday:

Friday:

Sunday

stats(before surgery)

thanks for the help.[/quote]

first of all whats ur goal, speed, size, strength etc?

second i wouldnt do dl and speed squat in the same session, if u do the dl i would drop the rdl’s. what pos u play, it seem like rb?