Off-Season Bodybuilders

[quote]The Mighty Stu wrote:
Cephalic_Carnage wrote:
mr popular wrote:
classic.

Yates?

McGrath I believe. Damn monster, wish he’d get it together and win a show already -lol

S
[/quote]

McGrath usually lets his hair grow out some though, sure it’s him?
I agree though, McGrath used to be one of my biggest inspirations and is still one of my absolute favorites as far as proportions go.

Not as freaky as cutler or coleman but still huge without the gut and just overall so… Solid/powerful, ya know?

A few weak points, but who the fuck cares… That’s what I wanted to look like as a hobby, non-competitive bodybuilder.

Edit: He’s also not so… alien-like in the aesthetics department as opposed to wheeler etc.
A guy whose physique I could relate to, as a white dude with an arm/delts/traps obsession, basically :slight_smile:

[quote]Cephalic_Carnage wrote:
The Mighty Stu wrote:
Cephalic_Carnage wrote:
mr popular wrote:
classic.

Yates?

McGrath I believe. Damn monster, wish he’d get it together and win a show already -lol

S

I agree though, McGrath used to be one of my biggest inspirations and is still one of my absolute favorites as far as proportions go.

Not as freaky as cutler or coleman but still huge without the gut and just overall so… Solid/powerful, ya know?

A few weak points, but who the fuck cares… That’s what I wanted to look like as a hobby, non-competitive bodybuilder.

[/quote]

Whenever I see a picture of McGrath I always think, “that’s one tough sunuvabitch”

I know there are guys bigger than him, but just the way his pics are taken, and coupled with his physique… All his pics reek of ‘don’t mess with me’

Favorite McGrath. Man I’m almost tempted to say if I could pick one physique that would be it.

[quote]Affliction wrote:
Favorite McGrath. Man I’m almost tempted to say if I could pick one physique that would be it.[/quote]

Yeah, lots of people use him as their avatar, too :slight_smile:

Imo he kind of strikes a balance between oldschool bb and the 90’s/millenium size-fest. Best of both worlds, as far as I’m concerned.

Lots of the golden-era guys didn’t quite do it for me, (too little triceps, shoulders, backthickness, too much chest emphasis and practically skinny legs (not all of them, just sort of a general thing) mass/proportion-wise, but the 90’s-2000 people sort of overdid it with the gut in contest shape and the extreme legs etc.

Of course the current crop has remedied all that, but still… McGrath remains in my top 5… Maybe more-so than Levrone even.

His proportions and size are great, but I hate his attitude, or the way he is portrayed at AnimalPak.

I don’t like Emo-bodybuilders that are constantly in a “bad mood”. lol

[quote]Cephalic_Carnage wrote:
The Mighty Stu wrote:
Cephalic_Carnage wrote:
mr popular wrote:
classic.

Yates?

S

Edit: He’s also not so… alien-like in the aesthetics department as opposed to wheeler etc.
A guy whose physique I could relate to, as a white dude with an arm/delts/traps obsession, basically :slight_smile:
[/quote]

Nah there was a thread about the dude in the pic a while ago its some 300+ lb powerlifter.

[quote]mr popular wrote:
His proportions and size are great, but I hate his attitude, or the way he is portrayed at AnimalPak.

/animalpak.com/journey/week.cfm?week=0

I don’t like Emo-bodybuilders that are constantly in a “bad mood”. lol[/quote]

From what I’ve heard that’s just the way the vids came out, he’s actually a fairly lighthearted guy/jokes a lot with his animal crew…

The whole black and white thing and the mostly empty gym etc make him seem all brooding and stuff, but yeah… They commented on that over at ap.com

[quote]buckeye girl wrote:

I’ve heard of guys having injectables on hand at meets. What, exactly, I don’t know, but I’ve never heard that epinephrine was one of the things on hand. [/quote]

Not directed at buckeye girl, but just a general comment:

This epinephrine thing is silly.

An epipen is not dosed anywhere near high enough to do anything but give you a little boost.

They give that shit to kids people, think 5 year olds with peanut allergies. My mother carried on in my diaper bag.

Even the largest avaliable epipens are only .2-.3mgs or something, thats barely anything.

You dont think a 270 pound man in his late 20’s running test and halo and who knows what else, can handle the dosage intended for a 5 year old’s allergic reaction ?

You could probably get as much adrenaline going by listening to a little speed metal.

Why is it a big deal that these guys use epipens ?

Its not dangerous, its not even that big of an advantage, steroids are way more danagerous than low dose epinephrine, and I think its well known how I feel about steroid usage.

Alot of guys use one of the following before a lift: speed, ephedrine, albuterol, clen, etc before they lift, which is probably worse, and people seem to think thats fairly normal.

I seriously doubt Mcgrath writes those ads -lol.

S

[quote]mr popular wrote:

/animalpak.com/journey/week.cfm?week=0

I don’t like Emo-bodybuilders that are constantly in a “bad mood”. lol[/quote]

does anyone else read that site in the voice from the Max Payne video game?

Thats weird, when I read AnimalPak articles it’s always narrated in my head by the voice of Bill Hicks.

[quote]mr popular wrote:
Thats weird, when I read AnimalPak articles it’s always narrated in my head by the voice of Bill Hicks.

- YouTube [/quote]

Pure gold.

The evolution of a huge back.

[quote]mr popular wrote:
The evolution of a huge back.[/quote]

preety beast who is that?

You aren’t gonna believe this guys body when you first see it… let alone his crazy stats:

Holy Shit 400lbs with 27.5 inch arms at 5’9". That is just ridiculous.

[quote]mr popular wrote:
Ramo wrote:

It absolutely is a racial/ethnic issue. Not a value judgment at all, but that’s the truth.

In my experience it’s more an age issue than anything like that.

Girls are impressed by abs even if the guy isn’t powerful looking… because… well… girls are supposed to date BOYS afterall.

Women like men, and men have muscles.

White women fantasize about pro football players just as much as black or hispanic women do.

Chinese women? Nobody knows… nobody cares…[/quote]

lol too true!

Reg Park! -lol. Man, I love seeing those old BnW pics.

S

will harris