T Nation

Off Roading for Muscleheads

doingitright

Had a chance to get out to an Off Road park to test out some of the new parts of the jeep - did fine, I few more tweaks, and it'll be ready for the Mighty Rubicon....

i think, anyways.....

Post manly off road pics....if'n ya'all got 'em, that is....

Nice, I want to get off road in my Jeep so bad!

not tough, not for this beast, but intimidating…if you know what i mean.

Awesome!

Not in action but this little Yota has been good to us off road!

[quote]jchenky wrote:
Not in action but this little Yota has been good to us off road! [/quote]

Stop lurking and post more :slight_smile:

got a little off kilter here, but the idea is to see what it is capable of so when you are out in the Wild, you know what your jeep can and cannot do…

And…it is a fun.

not mine, but my dream vehicle. Give me the steel wheels, manual mirrors, and oh yeah, center, rear, and front electronic locking diffs from the factory.

[quote]MaximusB wrote:

[quote]jchenky wrote:
Not in action but this little Yota has been good to us off road! [/quote]

Stop lurking and post more :)[/quote]

Geez… so demanding :wink:

[quote]Edgy wrote:
#doingitright

Had a chance to get out to an Off Road park to test out some of the new parts of the jeep - did fine, I few more tweaks, and it’ll be ready for the Mighty Rubicon…

i think, anyways…

Post manly off road pics…if’n ya’all got 'em, that is…[/quote]

Jeeps looking good. I though kalifornia would have outlawed off roading by now! ha

Did the Rubicon back in 98 with the in-laws right after I met them for the first time. Just as a rider though, didn’t get to drive at all - still had fun. Rode in a CJ-7 rocking a 350/350 and custom (obviously) drive shafts. He broke the rear shaft on day one, managed to get turned around and drive back into town in front wheel drive. Hit a fab shop right before they closed, talked them into sticking around long enough to crank out a pair of new rear shafts for him, then made it back in and caught up with us. Couple days later, did a slow-speed rollover (more like a slow-mo flop on the side). First of many times I’ve been in a rollover, none of which I was driving in…unless you count rolling a Trailblazer at 55. Wasn’t my truck, didn’t have to pay a dime for it (insurance either), and no one got hurt.

Anyway, Rubicon was fun. Bring spare parts, but I probably don’t have to tell you that. I’d have my wife scan in some snaps from back then, but all that stuff’s packed up with the movers.

My old 98 TJ. EDIT: had to sell it before I left Hawaii, it was going to cost to much to ship home. And after this snow storm I’m going to start shopping for a new one.