Off On A Rant

The number on the scale is going up. Almost 1 pound each week - which is just seeming a little to neat to me…

I’m also lifting heavier shit. But is this just the creatine I started taking? Is it just my CNS getting better? I’m not seeing any more MUSCLE. My pants still fit but I am starting to look soft. But I am stronger? Makes no sense.

I’ve been performing 30 reps in a work out lately (plus another 20 or so reps of curls at the end because I want ‘guns’).

Reps are 5,3,2,1 for 3 big lifts in a workout. Starting 15 kgs under last weeks 1RM. Hoping for 5kgs above last weeks 1RM on the last final rep. Smallest plates in my gym are 2.5kg - wish there were 0.5kg plates to make incrementing weight a little easier.

I regulary fail on that last rep. With squats it is horrific. With bench it is just bruising my ego and laying the bar back on the safety bars and crawling out.

But after 2-3 weeks of failing on the next increment I make it.
I just wonder once I make it to my goal lifts (not if but when!) what I’m going to aim for next.

If I want to add volume (more reps) to my workouts I’m going to have to drop the weight.

But then I would be lifting pansy weights… :slight_smile:

I am not huuuuuge and it is very annoying.

Thats my rant for this evening.

[quote]Spry wrote:
If I want to add volume (more reps) to my workouts I’m going to have to drop the weight.
[/quote]

Adding volume is better than incrementing weights by 0.5kg.

Once you can do 10 reps of x kg’s, then you can add 5kg and start at 5 reps, working up to 10 again. I findthis much more effective.

Either way, if you’re getting stronger and adding weight - be fucking patient!

[quote]Spry wrote:
If I want to add volume (more reps) to my workouts I’m going to have to drop the weight.[/quote]

Why not try more sets?

[quote]Spry wrote:

I am not huuuuuge and it is very annoying.

[/quote]

Aww, you want a shoulder to cry on?

Why are you doing 30 reps on an exercise? I get the feeling you don’t know the difference between a set and a rep.

[quote]Contrl wrote:
Spry wrote:
Why are you doing 30 reps on an exercise? I get the feeling you don’t know the difference between a set and a rep.[/quote]

I think he just meant 3 sets of 10 reps and multiplied it to get 30 but I don’t know. There are a few possible explanations though.

Dude just remember that a pound of fat is bigger than a pound of muscle. It will come eventually.

Actually, a pound of muscle is bigger than a pound of fat. By 20% or so.

Um, no. 1 pound of muscle is smaller than 1 pound of fat.

visual reference: http://dietdummy.com/gifs%20&%20jpegs/5fat%20vs%205muscle.gif

I think Misterhamper meant to say “heavier.”

One pound of muscle is heavier than one pound of fat. Ha.

[quote]Brant_Drake wrote:
One pound of muscle is heavier than one pound of fat. Ha. [/quote]

No way!

Does that mean, a pound of steel is heavier than a pound of wool?

[quote]rsg wrote:
Brant_Drake wrote:
One pound of muscle is heavier than one pound of fat. Ha.

No way!

Does that mean, a pound of steel is heavier than a pound of wool?[/quote]

What if it’s iron wool? OMG

LOL yeah now that I think about it, what I meant was to say that muscles is more dense, by 20% or so. So 1 kilo fat is larger than 1 kilo muscle. Sorry. :slight_smile: