Off Balance Deadlift

i never noticed this till today cause i dont tape myself deadlifting. but when i was doing deads from the floor to my knees in the power rack so the bar hit the pins i noticed my left side gets up way ahead of my left side. also when i deadlift my right shin is always the one that gets scraped up alot. it barely ever hits my left shin.

how come this happens?

maybe i have a weak left side and it makes it tilt toward the right so it takes the bulk of the load? im also interested if its possible to correct this lol. oh yah, i deadlift sumo style. any responces appretiated.

thanks.

easy answer: single leg exercises.

You might see what happens if you swap your grip if you always use 1 style of grabbing the bar. Post a video of it if you can.

I have the same problem with scraping my shin… I find it’s the over hand side that usually gets cut up more. I figured that wa normal.

If you’re using a mixed grip, you should change it every set.

If you are training to be competitive you should NOT switch your grip. Train the way you compete. You are dragging your shins on your overhand and that’s normal. The best way to avoid this is to go to a double overhand grip, not switching your grip every set.

As to why you are pulling at an angle, check your feet. Are they in the same position? Concentrate on pulling back, not just up. Pull the bar up your legs. You may be staying out in front of your body to much. Work your hamstrings hard on the glute ham raise and throw in good mornings as well!! Stay Strong, RB

[quote]RagingBull666 wrote:
If you are training to be competitive you should NOT switch your grip. Train the way you compete. You are dragging your shins on your overhand and that’s normal. The best way to avoid this is to go to a double overhand grip, not switching your grip every set.

As to why you are pulling at an angle, check your feet. Are they in the same position? Concentrate on pulling back, not just up. Pull the bar up your legs. You may be staying out in front of your body to much. Work your hamstrings hard on the glue ham rais and throw in good mornings as well!! Stay Strong, RB[/quote]

yes its my overhand side that scraped agenst my shin. good post, thanks for the help man.