# Of Pills Per Day

Hey All,
After watching “30 Days” a few weeks back about the guy who went on HRT, I started thinking about how many pills I pop in a day. In the epsiode, the guy apparently had elevated liver values and the guy’s personal trainer figured it was the 40 or so micronutrients in pill form he was taking a day. After thinking about it, I probably take around 25-35 a day, when everything is said and done. Carbolin 19, Alpha Male Methoxy-7, multivitamin, fish oils, ZMA, daily aspirin, etc. Am I doing daily damage to my liver? Also, I don’t necessarily take all these on the weekend to give my body a little break, but if I have the occassional weekend drink(s), are these still in my system and do they negatively interact with alcohol, thereby stressing my liver even more? Just wondering what everyone thinks about this.
Thanks.

As for whether or not your damaging your liver by taking all of these pills, I’m not sure, but you may want to read this:
http://www.t-nation.com/readTopic.do?id=659666
Its one of David Barr’s articles; if you check out #10 it talks about how taking daily asprin while strength training actually inhibits muscle growth. Maybe if you could cut out some of the un-necessary supp’s there wouldn’t be an issue. Just tryin to help.

-Alex

Your fine! Jack Lalanne pops over 100 different kinds for YRS. & he going very strong @ 90 +

Paul Bragg the same thing & he was fine & dandy till 99. He surfed & was extremly active w/ no probs!

[quote]BRUCELEEWANNABE wrote:
Your fine! Jack Lalanne pops over 100 different kinds for YRS. & he going very strong @ 90 +

Paul Bragg the same thing & he was fine & dandy till 99. He surfed & was extremly active w/ no probs![/quote]

I don’t think the number of pills you take daily is a problem, but these two examples don’t mean anything.

There are always statistical outliers when looking at whether something poses a health risk. A case study of two individuals is fairly meaningless.

If your taking Carbolin 19 and other building supps… Why are you drinking on the weekends??

Keep in mind that the guy was probably eating a high fat diet before he started the HRT and according to Spurlock’s doctor in “Supersize Me” the saturated fats in the fast food was elevating his liver enzymes.

[quote]Todd S. wrote:
If your taking Carbolin 19 and other building supps… Why are you drinking on the weekends?? [/quote]

Anybody that uses products to increase their Testosterone levels, then drinks alcohol, is wasting their money. Twice.

bunch a nancys

thanks for the feedback. as far as the alcohol goes, i’m probably having 8-12 cans every 5th or 6th saturday on my buddy’s sailboat. nothing consistent, but still i was wondering. i know that alcohol demolishes test levels but it’s rare when all of my friend’s schedules actually allow us time to get together.

[quote]bikemike wrote:
Todd S. wrote:
If your taking Carbolin 19 and other building supps… Why are you drinking on the weekends??

Anybody that uses products to increase their Testosterone levels, then drinks alcohol, is wasting their money. Twice.[/quote]

Funny, Cy never said that. The primary action of Carbolin 19 is not raised T anyhow.