? of HIIT EPOC and Meal Timing

Hey guys I was reading around and learned that the EPOC effect from HIIT happens because your body is forced to stop burning fat stores because its too slow, and burn more carbs, but if you go higher intensity, it needs more than to burn carbs, or your carb stores can simply run out in which case it needs to use glycogen stores from directly in the muscle to fuel the exercise. This is why hiit wears you out so much faster because if you deplete your carb stores you “hit the wall” and simply cant fuel the exercise anymore. Where the EPOC and most beneficial part of hiit training comes in is the hours of post exercise fat burn is, since youve depleted your in muscle glycogen stores, the body breaks down your fat stores and releases it into your blood so your muscles can restore the glycogen, resulting in less fatty tissue, like more of a storage shift than burning into nothingness.

Anyways with that background info my questions are:

Ive kindve been trying to decide when to place my HIIT training in my schedule with my lifting. Everyone says hiit is best done in the morning after your overnight fast for best results. But then as well ive heard, doing hiit before a lifting session as it will diminish your performance. Which is actually going to be the better situation? (Im concentrating more on fat loss so im going to assume the hiit in the morning but want second opinions)

My other question is if I do HIIT in the morning like i have been lately to try it out, when i have my tdawg diet breakfast of ommelette, oatmeal and grow shake, because of the larger dose of carbs in this meal, am i diminishing the effects of the EPOC of my HIIT training by no longer forcing my body to use fat stores to replace the glycogen, but my body would use the carbs of the meal to replace glycogen instead?

Thanks for any hypothetical answers.

Not an answer to your question, but what exactly is a hypothetical answer?

I was assuming the answer to the last question would be an educated guess.
Unless someone actually does know for sure.

Well, not really an answer to your question, but there is an interesting thread on forms of cardio over at the supplements and nutrition forum.

I admit it was in part spurred by some questions I had about my use of HIIT (which after reading the thread, I have to say was suboptimal, at best), but I think reading through it might be very helpful.

Anyway, if you’re not inclined to reading it, my personal “conclusion” was to use low intensity fasted cardio in the mornings, possibly 1 tabata session per week after lifting, and probably 1 HIIT session on one of my non-lifting days.

HIIT on an empty stomach and right after waking up? Sounds like a terrible idea.

The same principles of weightlifting apply to HIIT. Make progress in HIIT by going faster with less rest and your body will adapt by getting stronger and burning useless (fatty) tissue off.

Would you lift weights on an empty stomach after waking up?