Of Bodybuilding and Metrosexuality

Is it realy so difficult that people need books on it?

Here is a simple strategy that I’ve used all of my life- Be Yourself.

I’d ask for a 10 cent royalty on that, but with the number of people that actualy use it, it just wouldn’t be worth it.

If you have to go through to many evolutions of looks and behavior, you are barking up the wrong tree. The women you get as a result will not be happy with you, and you will not be happy with them.

I know, it sounds strange, but it realy works.

Nothing says “I have big fucking balls and I ain’t afraid to use 'em” like being your self.

[quote]SkyzykS wrote:

I’d ask for a 10 cent royalty on that, but with the number of people that actualy use it, it just wouldn’t be worth it.

If you have to go through to many evolutions of looks and behavior, you are barking up the wrong tree. The women you get as a result will not be happy with you, and you will not be happy with them.

Nothing says “I have big fucking balls and I ain’t afraid to use 'em” like being your self.
[/quote]

Conflict comes when bodybuilders are labeled as “not being themselves” because we want physical change. It is as if being yourself…a person who strives for change…is simply not a possibility. I suppose it isn’t for pussies who don’t have the drive to change for the better.

[quote]Professor X wrote:
SkyzykS wrote:

Conflict comes when bodybuilders are labeled as “not being themselves” because we want physical change. It is as if being yourself…a person who strives for change…is simply not a possibility. I suppose it isn’t for pussies who don’t have the drive to change for the better.
[/quote]

I HATE people that attack others for “not being themselves” when they aim for self-improvement. Its a lazy-ass term for people that are happy with their own pathetic mediocrity and are looking to bring others down to their level.

[quote]David_Wise wrote:
Yes, very interesting, but there is no such thing as a metrosexual. We are men. I have no problem admitting that I probably would go for a guy if the opportunity presented itself. I even look like a homo. Why did you spend so long writing this? It makes me wonder quite how secure you are about your own sexuality.[/quote]

obviously not as secure as you are…

Obviously. I’m not the one who wrote a fucking bible on the subject at the start of the thread.

Ob raises some interesting points- a lot of guys do have the attitude that women have all the sexual power. But the only times I’ve slept with women are the ones when I stopped acting like it.

[quote]gojira wrote:
“MEN HAVE BEEN TAUGHT THAT FEMALES HAVE ALL THE SEXUAL POWER”

That is because we do. You guys might not want to admit it, but it is the female that does the choosing. Not just in the human species, but throughout most of nature. T

hat is why males are usually brightly colored and display to females. It is to get her attention and show her how fit he is a why he should be her choice for a mate. Sure, there are exceptions to this. But for the most part, the females do the choosing. There are some very important biological reasons for this that I have gone into before on this site. [/quote]

Thank you. This is why I often mention our “plumage”. The latest cell phone, an expensive car, the biggest SUV and expensie toys of all sorts tend to just be plumage. While I prefer substance over image, most of America is ALL about image.

Perhaps that’s why I’m perpetually single.

[quote]gojira wrote:

That is because we do. You guys might not want to admit it, but it is the female that does the choosing. Not just in the human species, but throughout most of nature. That is why males are usually brightly colored and display to females. It is to get her attention and show her how fit he is a why he should be her choice for a mate. Sure, there are exceptions to this. But for the most part, the females do the choosing. There are some very important biological reasons for this that I have gone into before on this site.[/quote]

but, unlike in other species, this power is severely negated in human females by rampant low self-esteem…

for every human female that thinks she’s hot shit, there are at least five who’s self esteem is so low that they are willing to ‘choose’ just about any man they can get their hands on…

[quote]Professor X wrote:

[/quote]

Very true. For me, athletic endeavors have always been something that I’ve done, literaly from my earliest memory, not a re-invention or revision of a previous self just to pick up chicks. I wouldn’t consider myself a bodybuilder in the typical sense though.

My weight training started to improve wrestling. The aesthetic effects were a result. What it seems to be at this point is the expression and developement of a habit that was formed a long time ago, and the benefits that I have assigned value to have developed along the way.

What other people think of it is one of the farthest things from my mind. I only allow it to become a point of contention for shits and giggles.

For the psycho babble fans- Look up Julian Rotter and Locus of Control.

[quote]SkyzykS wrote:

[/quote]

Unless you an asshole. Then be someone else. Preferably someone cool.

[quote]Austro Canuck wrote:

Now at 46 I lift because … I realize I am actually getting older, weaker and will die. Most of us first figure this out when we are in our 40’s.

Ouch. You are talking about one fucking painful realization. As a teenager you don’t even consider the possibilty of death. In your 20’s you are absolutely sure it’s not going to happen to you. You’re too busy in your 30’s to give it any thought.

Women have a lot of control when it comes to sex, but only because most guys make it easy. Think about the double-standard, Guy who scores a lot=pimp, women who scores a lot=slut.

People have argued that “guys have to WORK to get women, while an ugly woman can just spread her legs and dudes will just line up.” That should say a lot more about the guys than it does the woman they are throwing their dicks at.

I have had women pull some shamelees shit on me at the club(but I didn’t always mind), they are just as bad as men, worse in some situations. Dancing for women is always a more ah, touching experience than for men.

Okay, I have to chime in.

Certainly, women have a choice in the matter, and get to make decisions. However, there is mutual choice involved.

Men don’t have to have sex with a particular woman either. The fact is that some guys will screw anything that moves, or doesn’t move, so half the mutual choice equation is always filled.

I mean, sure, in that situation the decision resides on the receiving end, but it isn’t always so. There are men than are more discriminating, who require more than a warm body, I promise.

Sexual power is what you have when the other party looks at you (or watches you do something well, or listens to you talk intelligently, or sees you working well with children, smells you, or whatever it is they go for) and says “hell yes” whether or not you have even noticed them yet.

Men are people too y’know, sometimes anyway.

Obo, it sounds like you really must have a confidence issue. Most of us don’t share your motives for weight lifting or for dating. Both of those, for me, are simply an expression of who I REALLY am.

Simply put - my methods are my methods. I wrote the book on me, and I’m the most successful me who’s ever been me. Don’t need anyone else to tell me how to be me!

So sad if you think that experience with some women can fix the confidence thing for you, or that bodybuilding is a means to such an end.

Get REAL.

[quote]SkyzykS wrote:
A gigantic load of bullshit.[/quote]

[quote]FIVE OAKES wrote:
In the 70s and 80s, large, manly men with hairy chests

[/quote]

Did Tom Selek pop into anyone else’s mind. I swear that had as much chest hair as big-foot.

[quote]vroom wrote:
There are men than are more discriminating, who require more than a warm body[/quote]

What if a cold body is all I can “dig up?”

[quote]E-man wrote:
What if a cold body is all I can “dig up?”[/quote]

Went down to the cemetary, lookin’ for love.

Deep down where they buried my baby, you know I had to dig her up.

[quote]gojira wrote:

That is because we do. You guys might not want to admit it, but it is the female that does the choosing. Not just in the human species, but throughout most of nature. That is why males are usually brightly colored and display to females. It is to get her attention and show her how fit he is a why he should be her choice for a mate. Sure, there are exceptions to this. But for the most part, the females do the choosing. There are some very important biological reasons for this that I have gone into before on this site. [/quote]

I don’t think that’s true in human beings. There are guys who have trouble getting the girls they want. But there are plenty of women who can’t get the guys they want.

[quote]Kratos wrote:
Women have a lot of control when it comes to sex, but only because most guys make it easy. Think about the double-standard, Guy who scores a lot=pimp, women who scores a lot=slut.

People have argued that “guys have to WORK to get women, while an ugly woman can just spread her legs and dudes will just line up.” That should say a lot more about the guys than it does the woman they are throwing their dicks at.

I have had women pull some shamelees shit on me at the club(but I didn’t always mind), they are just as bad as men, worse in some situations. Dancing for women is always a more ah, touching experience than for men.[/quote]

This is all true.

[quote]E-man wrote:
FIVE OAKES wrote:
In the 70s and 80s, large, manly men with hairy chests

Did Tom Selek pop into anyone else’s mind.

[/quote]

Naw dude… Fucking Burt Reynolds!