Oderus Urungus (Dave Brockie) of Gwar

… passed away.

:frowning:

That sucks. I think I will have to watch Live from Antarctica in his honour.

Didn’t another one of their members die last year?

article in Brave Words and Bloody Knuckles

were they like the competition for KISS?

Also, mrZsasz, your avitar looks almost exactly like that kid with the (google:) DICK NECK.

Saw this on Yahoo News. Dude was 50. Always weird finding out that musicians or celebrities you grew up with are a certain age… Of course then it makes you realize how much older you’ve gotten as well.

S

[quote]carbiduis wrote:

Also, mrZsasz, your avitar looks almost exactly like that kid with the (google:) DICK NECK.

[/quote]
they were as far from KISS as KISS was from the Osmonds!

[quote]silverblood wrote:

[quote]carbiduis wrote:

[/quote]
they were as far from KISS as KISS was from the Osmonds![/quote]
Haha, seriously! KISS sucks.

I had no idea Mr. Sheldon Scott listened to Gwar, how d’ya like that!!!

[quote]strungoutboy21 wrote:

[quote]silverblood wrote:

[quote]carbiduis wrote:

[/quote]
they were as far from KISS as KISS was from the Osmonds![/quote]
Haha, seriously! KISS sucks.[/quote]

Gotta agree.

Very sad news. I saw Gwar when they toured with LOG a few years back. They were the first of two openers but the second band couldn’t play for whatever reason so they got to play an extended set. I remember Dave saying to the crowd how excited he was that they were allowed to play for an hour and a half and if we the audience would be okay with that. It really struck me how genuinely grateful he seemed by getting the opportunity to play that long. He was also worried about running out of fake blood lol.

I saved these flyers in a book to preserve them since I got them from a guy I knew who was a small time promoter. Even calling him a promoter is a stretch. They were playing in a shitty little bar that doesn’t even exist anymore.

Anyway, thought you guys might enjoy seeing them.

Dave always struck me as a completely off his rocker but genuinely decent guy. I never met him personally, but new about him through some mutual friends, and I am sad to see him go.

not sure if this really is the last interview or not.