T Nation

Odd Feeling When Injecting After So Long

Hello everyone! I’ve been creeping on here for a long time now but decided It was time to make an account. I have a question and I hope you guys can answer as I’ve looked through the forums and searched but havnt been able to find what I was looking for. I’ve been on TRT for the last 2 years, diagnosed with secondary hypogonadism. My endo right now is good but has me on a really low dose, which made me feel just about as low as without any T, so I’ve been supplementing it with extra doses from an online source. I was told to, and have been injecting into my outer leg muscles(vastus lateralis), 3 times a week(switching from left to right each time and trying to pick a newish spot each time. At the start of my treatment, it pinched as with any IM shot I’ve had in the past(flu shots, tetanus etc.). But as of recent I do not feel it anymore, and when pushing into the muscle, it feels like the needle is dragging and having a harder time going in. The T is also injecting slower than it has in the past. My biggest concern with all of this is I feel as though the T is not working the way it used to, I’m not getting the rush or the feeling I used to, I feel low as though it’s not absorbing. Any tips or opinions is greatly appreciated!
Thanks in advance.

We have different definitions of what constitutes a good doctor, any doctor keeping levels low in my book os a terrible doctor. We don’t diagnose problem by guessing, we use labs. You need to see where your Free T levels sit, testing only Total T doesn’t tell the whole story as it bound to SHBG and not bioavailable, Free T is bioavailable.

If injecting in the same places there could be scarred tissue or maybe your muscle are harder therefore more resistance. I inject using 29 gauge insulin syringes in shoulders and quads rotating sites to avoid scar tissue. There are some doctors who target midrange ranges and no higher, this is a problem for men with higher SHBG, this means Free T would still be low.

Higher SHBG men need higher Total T levels than men with lower SHBG, SHBG going from the lower end to the higher end can effects your Free T by 50%. My advice is find another doctor who actually gives a damn about his patients and isn’t overly concerned with the numbers. Endo’s are the worse at TRT!

Why would you put up with this level of incompetence for 2 years?!