T Nation

October Surprise!


Ok, lets make this short:

I concede this is NOT 100% confirmed yet, but when it is, it will be too late.

  1. They will announce a “bank holiday” soon.
  2. No one knows exactly how long this “bank holiday” will last.
  3. Credit cards and debit cards will NOT work during this period.
  4. Hold your certificates (stocks and other assets) and precious metal assets.
  5. Stay at cash. At least enough cash for survival.

EOM.

Do you fear mongers get a little stiffy when you post shit like this?

What good are “certificates” going to be when everyone is naked and starving?

Are you going to come back on here and admit you are wrong when there is no bank ‘holiday’?

Probably not. I imagine you will have a new end-of-the-world fantasy all lined up and ready to go by then.

This post was flagged by the community and is temporarily hidden.

First of all, I will be happy to be wrong here. I called the black monday on all the boards I post on, and also the 15th september collapse (albeit on a different board). Did anyone visit the website of legatus yet?
http://www.legatus.org

This is the organization that holds the key.
There is no way to confirm the october surprise before it actually happens but all the facts point towards this happening this october. I don’t have an inside scoop but I am a member of a team that has been meticulously connecting the dots. Yes, i could be wrong, but it is more likely that I am right.

IMO it is inevitable that banks will freeze assets for an indefinite period of time. I;m not the only one who has predicted a “bank holiday” in october. Will it be in november? Who knows? Does it matter if I am right or wrong aout october? THIS IS INEVITABLE and I;m certain you realize it already. the vultures are looming overhead and are collecting and circling the sky…they won;t begin swooping down for a couple more years.

This is all just the BEGINNING of the most massive margin call on the american society since 1929. I expect housing prices to crash to their 1992 levels and that paper money will be worthless 2-4 years from now.

The certificates are for those who HOLD assets in the form of stock obviously. YOu mentioned you were holding GE (chuckle chuckle) in the hope of seeing gains 20-30 years from now. It is not impossible for your broker to seize your assets without warning.
The only way you can possibly be comfortable in the current stuation is if all your assets have been converted to gold and precious metals…I’m satisfied to stay at cash! I would also look at gold juniors, but thats just me.

[quote]rainjack wrote:
Do you fear mongers get a little stiffy when you post shit like this?

What good are “certificates” going to be when everyone is naked and starving?

Are you going to come back on here and admit you are wrong when there is no bank ‘holiday’?

Probably not. I imagine you will have a new end-of-the-world fantasy all lined up and ready to go by then.

[/quote]

You’re all going to feel pretty foolish when tribunaldude and I are using our precious metal assets to bash people in the head and steal their certificates during the bank holiday.

[quote]EmilyQ wrote:
You’re all going to feel pretty foolish when tribunaldude and I are using our precious metal assets to bash people in the head and steal their certificates during the bank holiday. [/quote]

LOL! Bonappetit!

No kidding. Thats why I have been investing in steel rods since early this year. And without cash, they won;t be able to buy fuel or pay a cab driver to chase us down. Fiendish.

[quote]EmilyQ wrote:
You’re all going to feel pretty foolish when tribunaldude and I are using our precious metal assets to bash people in the head and steal their certificates during the bank holiday. [/quote]

I love holidays!

I predict a bank holiday on Monday

[quote]tribunaldude wrote:
First of all, I will be happy to be wrong here. I called the black monday on all the boards I post on, and also the 15th september collapse (albeit on a different board). Did anyone visit the website of legatus yet?
http://www.legatus.org

This is the organization that holds the key.
There is no way to confirm the october surprise before it actually happens but all the facts point towards this happening this october. I don’t have an inside scoop but I am a member of a team that has been meticulously connecting the dots. Yes, i could be wrong, but it is more likely that I am right.

IMO it is inevitable that banks will freeze assets for an indefinite period of time. I;m not the only one who has predicted a “bank holiday” in october. Will it be in november? Who knows? Does it matter if I am right or wrong aout october? THIS IS INEVITABLE and I;m certain you realize it already. the vultures are looming overhead and are collecting and circling the sky…they won;t begin swooping down for a couple more years.

This is all just the BEGINNING of the most massive margin call on the american society since 1929. I expect housing prices to crash to their 1992 levels and that paper money will be worthless 2-4 years from now.

The certificates are for those who HOLD assets in the form of stock obviously. YOu mentioned you were holding GE (chuckle chuckle) in the hope of seeing gains 20-30 years from now. It is not impossible for your broker to seize your assets without warning.
The only way you can possibly be comfortable in the current stuation is if all your assets have been converted to gold and precious metals…I’m satisfied to stay at cash! I would also look at gold juniors, but thats just me.

rainjack wrote:
Do you fear mongers get a little stiffy when you post shit like this?

What good are “certificates” going to be when everyone is naked and starving?

Are you going to come back on here and admit you are wrong when there is no bank ‘holiday’?

Probably not. I imagine you will have a new end-of-the-world fantasy all lined up and ready to go by then.

[/quote]

If everything is going to be worthless but precious metals - why bother with getting the paper from the broker?

Don’t forget to take your money out of the bank before the holiday, and be sure to stock up on tin foil. You can never have enough hats when there is chaos in the street.

Where do all you nutjobs live, anyway?

You don’t hope you are wrong. You get off on this shit. That’s what fear mongers do.

[quote]tribunaldude wrote:
Did anyone visit the website of legatus yet?
http://www.legatus.org [/quote]

Huh? Who are they?

[quote]rainjack wrote:
If everything is going to be worthless but precious metals - why bother with getting the paper from the broker? [/quote]

So you can exchange the paper for food and water. duh.

But seriously,

  1. I advocate only holding stock of precious metal mining companies (including juniors) in these troubled times.
  2. If I;m not horribly mistaken, even if you hold other stock like tech, many investment brokers have a little clause that allows them to seize your assets if they need to (your assets are not FDIC insured) and if you don;t OWN your shares, the broker “could” sell them off, depending on how badly he is hit by everything. Tell me that isn;t true. If you own stock, its a good practice to HOLD the certificates (better than keeping them with a broker who can go bankrupt any moment)

[quote]You don’t hope you are wrong. You get off on this shit. That’s what fear mongers do.
[/quote]

  1. I;m not a fearmonger, on the contrary…I steer people clear of cape fear! The “holiday” may not happen, but everything indicates that we will have one, likely in october. It may last for a single day, or it may last a few months. And int his case, I certainly hope I am wrong.

[quote]rainjack wrote:
Don’t forget to take your money out of the bank before the holiday, and be sure to stock up on tin foil. You can never have enough hats when there is chaos in the street. [/quote]

Sir, I have investigated many shocking occurrences in my life, some of which are classified. I’m not sure if that qualifies me for the tinfoil hat brigade.

[quote]
Where do all you nutjobs live, anyway?[/quote]

Right here:

Best regards

Trib

The REAL Opus Dei.

[quote]Nominal Prospect wrote:
tribunaldude wrote:
Did anyone visit the website of legatus yet?
http://www.legatus.org

Huh? Who are they?

[/quote]

As opposed to the FAKE Opus Dei?

You’re a kook.

You are all doomed. DOOMED!

[quote]PRCalDude wrote:
You are all doomed. DOOMED![/quote]

Investing is tricky at these times. Right now I have a long position in wood.

This may be a retarded question, but if the bank froze me DEBIT card, and prevented me from getting MY money that they are holding, how the fuck can the economy continue to operate? Wouldn’t most everything just basically collapse overnight?

I’m just asking because most everybody accesses their money via some sort of plastic card… freezing my and your money(by my money, i mean my money, not a credit line) would cause basically mass hysteria… riots and shit like that?

IMO, that is the single handed most retarded thing I have ever heard of being a “good” idea…

Tribunal - Make up your mind… in your first post, you say stick with cash, in your second, cash will be worthless… which is it?

I agree with Tribunaldude, because massive runs are close to happening. These banks are way undercappped now. What happens when the bank runs really get going?

Such a holiday would be short though because of the rioting and effect on commerce. The government will simply and finally nationalize the banks.

All of this is happening just as Marx predicted. I have read all four volumes of Das Kapital and he is spot on. Who’d of thunk it?

This post was flagged by the community and is temporarily hidden.