October 2012

It’s my favorite time of year, with Halloween coming up I need to get my creepy fix. Old horror movies, reading Poe, and haunted houses.

What are some of your favorite October festivities? A few of my favorites that I can find on youtube.

Halloween time is easily my 2nd favorite time of the year… my favorite coming very soon after this one. :slight_smile:

As a 90s kid, one of [u]-THE-[/u] integral parts of official Halloween celebration includes Hocus Pocus. OMG. I feel genuinely bad for anyone and everyone who didn’t grow up in the same era, and got to experience the wonderfulness of Binx, Headless Bill, and everything else that made this a jam. I of course make it a point to review all horror movies in the collection too, just because!

Other than that, I love the older-school Halloween tunes, many of which I have lost and probably forgotten, unfortunately. Among these - This is Halloween, Monster Mash, Purple People Eaters, etc.

In addition - I like a lot of the old school 90’s Nickelodeon cartoons/shows, except the Halloween episodes. Hey Arnold, Salute your Shorts, even Rugrats had terrific Halloween episodes that are frequently shown, or easily found on Youtube. Hell, others as well, even Home Improvement and other shows had awesome Halloween specials! More 90’s kid stuff, though. :smiley: A current show, The League, has had good Halloween episodes so I like to watch those.

Edit: This should help. :smiley:

costume decisions, tough… the ones I want are usually like $300-400 haven’t had the money to justify spending that much.

though last year’s wasn’t that expensive

Honestly, i hate dressing up for halloween, and dont do it. That said, Fall is the best season in NE ohio.

Texas vs Ou weekend

I love a watching a Nightmare Before Christmas every year. Also, seeing piles of chicks dressed like spooky whores isn’t a bad October feature either.

I miss leaves trungin brown and orange and chilly weather that you go for a walk in just so getting home and having coffee or tea feels nice.

Here in Asia it’s 27C today (about 80F) and sunny, so like summer back home.

Smuttynose Pumpkin Ale

(Yes, it’s not a “festivity”, but one of my favourite things about fall)

1. My Birthday is on Friday
  2. Football Football Football
  3. Hunting Season
  4. Halloween, decorating the house is good practice for Christmas
  5. TV shows start again, wife is happier with a full DVR
  6. The pumpkins in my garden are ready for harvest
  7. Movies in theaters start getting good again
  8. Octoberfest
  9. Santa Barbara, particularly Isla Vista, is full of scantilly clad Halloween whores
  10. Fall colors
  11. Annual trip to San Francisco.

All good things.

I thought we had established that Halloween is the one night of the year where it’s socially acceptable for guys to go out in drag.

For women, it’s the one night to be a sexy Spongebob, or sexy nurse, pirate, whatever…fill in the blank.

Although I havent participated in any type of Halloween festive in awhile(about to change with a newborn on the way), I still love this time of year because of it. Brings back memories that SSC mentioned. But the biggest joy is the colder weather that makes south Texas bearable and hunting. Dove, quail, white-tail, turkey…its all just wonderful. And of course football.

I get seasonal depression. Wah woh.

[quote]Powerpuff wrote:
I thought we had established that Halloween is the one night of the year where it’s socially acceptable for guys to go out in drag.

For women, it’s the one night to be a sexy Spongebob, or sexy nurse, pirate, whatever…fill in the blank. [/quote]
Is it me, or could that possibly be a guy in drag?

[quote]DSSG wrote:

[quote]Powerpuff wrote:

For women, it’s the one night to be a sexy Spongebob, or sexy nurse, pirate, whatever…fill in the blank. [/quote]
Is it me, or could that possibly be a guy in drag?[/quote]

LOL! I guess it’s hard to make Spongebob sexy. I have to say, I kind of hate the sexy costume trend. That picture made me want to get a big unsexy cardboard box and paint it yellow and brown.

Related, my nine-year-old wants to be a “Zombie Cheerleader” this year. I think it’s her attempt to do something scary, but still a little bit pretty. Maybe it’s a transition from the princess costume phase. I hope so. Third graders decked out as something sexy gives me the creeps.

[quote]Ambugaton wrote:
I get seasonal depression. Wah woh.[/quote]

vitamin D, pop em like tic tacs, ok maybe not like that. but seriously maybe look into it.

[quote]Powerpuff wrote:

[quote]DSSG wrote:

[quote]Powerpuff wrote:

LOL! I guess it’s hard to make Spongebob sexy. I have to say, I kind of hate the sexy costume trend. That picture made me want to get a big unsexy cardboard box and paint it yellow and brown.

Related, my nine-year-old wants to be a “Zombie Cheerleader” this year. I think it’s her attempt to do something scary, but still a little bit pretty. Maybe it’s a transition from the princess costume phase. I hope so. Third graders decked out as something sexy gives me the creeps. [/quote]

Yeah I agree with that.

[quote]Powerpuff wrote:

[quote]DSSG wrote:

[quote]Powerpuff wrote:

Related, my nine-year-old wants to be a “Zombie Cheerleader” this year. I think it’s her attempt to do something scary, but still a little bit pretty. Maybe it’s a transition from the princess costume phase. I hope so. Third graders decked out as something sexy gives me the creeps. [/quote]

I say let her wear this.

[quote]jehovasfitness wrote:

[quote]Ambugaton wrote:
I get seasonal depression. Wah woh.[/quote]

vitamin D, pop em like tic tacs, ok maybe not like that. but seriously maybe look into it.[/quote]

That’s a good idea. Thank you. Just got put on graveyard shift as well so this is doubly applicable.

I love going to downtown San Diego during the Halloween weekend to see all the girls dressed like whores. The only “holiday” where it is socially acceptable for girls to wear lingerie out.