Occupy Wall Street

LMAO.

Great summary:

http://www.infowars.com/occupy-wall-street-protesters-call-totalitarian-government-re-election-of-obama/

The video is just scary, especially from 4:50 on.

Good stuff from Bujo. You should spend more time in PWI.

[quote]ephrem wrote:
What I find astounding is that the ultra rich buy the presidency and the senate, create economic bubbles and after the bubble bursts they extract billions of taxpayers money from the system bringing the world economy to the brink of ruin, and when people protest against this rape they are foolish and lazy?

[at a loss for words][/quote]

I wish you were more at a loss for words because the words that you posted above are all wrong.

Ho hum nothing new here.

By the way about 75% of all millionaires are self made according to the book “The Millionaire Next Door.” And other reliable data show the same thing.

So it’s about working hard and smart and certainly some luck. The babies protesting on Wall Street are basically losers. And when I see the Police drag them away I laugh to myself and wonder how much better off that those people would have been had they gotten out of bed that day and said to themselves “I am going to make something positive happen in my life today.”

But no…instead they’re just losers!

[quote]FightinIrish26 wrote:

[quote]MaximusB wrote:
Obama missed a golden moment to go after these pricks who did this, but he was in it with them. NOT ONE SINGLE FEDERAL INDICTMENT issued on this mess, but he will beat his chest about Wall Street fatcats.

That protesting shit won’t amount to anything, not til the bring the axes and pitchforks. [/quote]

I’m an Obama fan but I agree. He fucked up and dropped the ball badly there. really badly.
[/quote]

It’s been about 10 years since you, Max and I have agreed on anything in PWI…lol.

I have said this before, if Obama had made his bones bringing down the folks who caused the meltdown and made an example of them…I would have voted for his re-election, swear to God.

But as he continues to play both sides of the fence on this issue, it just drives me fucking nuts.

[quote]SteelyD wrote:
Here’s mine:

"I was really smart, but bored in highschool and fucked around and smoked a lot of pot and drank and fucked. My teachers were awful and uncreative and couldn’t think outside of the boxes and wrote me off. I might have graduated in teh bottom third. I taught myself to play guitar and earned money gigging on the weekends- more money than anyone else I knew in school.

I took out a few loans to go to a NJ State College and worked most of the time, even while rowing on the crew team. I majored in Geology- a “superscience” comprising math, physics, chemistry, biology, and field observation. I graduated with honors and was awarded a full scholarship to graduate school where I worked to get a Masters degree in Geology/Geophysics after which I never looked at a rock again.

I taught myself how to program computers and have made a fuckton of money and carved out a niche for myself specializing in a certain type of software. Now I can afford gym memberships, steaks, and a fuckton of protein and supplements and the luxury of having time to go the gym in addition to my other ‘enterprises’.

Fuck all you lazy hippies protesting success because you make fucked up decisions, bitches!"

How’s that? What percentage am I in?[/quote]

5 percent…like the rest of Wall Street…well and those that actually work on Main street, so I guess more like 80 percent.

[quote]florelius wrote:

[quote]MaudDib wrote:
Wait, let me understand the reactions here: you’re actually mad that people are protesting what has been going on in the financial sector? Like, what is the rationale there, “the Federal Reserve and investment banks have really helped out the nation, how dare you protest them!”

It boggles my mind that people would rather rant at a stereotype than speak out in their own economic interest.

BTW, I work 50 hours a week, and found time to join the protest on the Brooklyn Bridge yesterday, cry me a river on how hard you have it compared to the unemployed. [/quote]

You need to understand that this place is stacked with people who are the rich and powerfulls best friends. This place should really be renamed: the burgeoise fanclub.
[/quote]

Yes, and we also don’t like our money and investments being stolen from us. Thou shalt not steal.

[quote]Bujo wrote:

[quote]CappedAndPlanIt wrote:

[quote]Bujo wrote:
The folks doing the protesting are a bunch of whiny-ass bitches being there bitch selves whining about how it’s unfair that they are not happy and wealthy like Gates, Buffet, Koch, Soros, etc…

However, their ad campaign is Highlarious…[/quote]

Read a few pages, and reconsider.[/quote]

I’ve been reading. I like the ones where they claim to pay more taxes than G.E. or Exxon.
[/quote]

After tax write offs and deductions, they just might.

I love love love, though, how you skip over the parts where they work 40, 50, 60 hours a week, are well educated, and/or have been working for 20+ years. Clearly, they’re just whiny ass bitches.

The top .1% is much better to look at in relation to who has real power in America. Also this pretty much eliminates everyone except a couple outliers who has done any hard work as it were to get there.
http://sociology.ucsc.edu/whorulesamerica/power/investment_manager.html

This is a pretty tight breakdown of wealth in America along with research showing whether people know it. It has lots of pretty pictures, but is fairly long.

Did anyone read a bunch of those. All of these people have:

1. a place to live
  2. a car
  3. food
  4. friends / family that help them out
  5. free money from the government to live on while “trying” to find a job.

I dont know about any of you, but thats not a bad life, is it a life of excess? no, but neither is most peoples lives…

[quote]Ratchet wrote:

1. a place to live
  2. a car
  3. food

I dont know about any of you, but thats not a bad life, is it a life of excess? no, but neither is most peoples lives… [/quote]

x2

Are any of you complaining that the top 10% of income earners in America pay 70% of all income tax?

[quote]Brother Chris wrote:

[quote]Ratchet wrote:

1. a place to live
  2. a car
  3. food

I dont know about any of you, but thats not a bad life, is it a life of excess? no, but neither is most peoples lives… [/quote]

x2[/quote]

+1

And # 5 is the kicker…people can be on unemployment for fucking YEARS…

[quote]Ratchet wrote:

1. a place to live
  2. a car
  3. food

I’ll have to find it again, but I remember a report that came out earlier this year based off census data. The average family in the US living in ‘poverty’ had:
A place to live
Food
At least one car
A big screen tv
At least one gaming system (current; wii, xbox 360, ps3)
Clean water
Clothes
Etc

To me, compared to the rest of the world, our families in poverty are sitting kinda nicely.

[quote]benos4752 wrote:

[quote]Ratchet wrote:

1. a place to live
  2. a car
  3. food

I’ll have to find it again, but I remember a report that came out earlier this year based off census data. The average family in the US living in ‘poverty’ had:
A place to live
Food
At least one car
A big screen tv
Clean water
Clothes
Etc

To me, compared to the rest of the world, our families in poverty are sitting kinda nicely.
[/quote]

I made a thread about it already and everyone threw shit at me for suggesting that instead of focusing on everyone labeled “under the poverty line” which is arbitrarily at thirty percent of America (I even found out I was considered under the poverty line and I live an awesome life), we focus on the something like .8% of American families that are actually homeless. Get more return for our money since the rest of the money is just supporting people sitting on their couch.

[quote]benos4752 wrote:

[quote]Ratchet wrote:

1. a place to live
  2. a car
  3. food

A place to live
Food
At least one car
A big screen tv
Clean water
Clothes
Etc

[/quote]

I made a thread about it already and everyone threw shit at me for suggesting that instead of focusing on everyone labeled “under the poverty line” which is arbitrarily at thirty percent of America (I even found out I was considered under the poverty line and I live an awesome life), we focus on the something like .8% of American families that are actually homeless. Get more return for our money since the rest of the money is just supporting people sitting on their couch.[/quote]

HELL…YES

Also, make the requirements for social services more stringent, drug testing, verification of dependents ect. And don’t make it a moneymaking benefit to having more children i.e more children = escalating welfare.

[quote]ZEB wrote:
Are any of you complaining that the top 10% of income earners in America pay 70% of all income tax?

[/quote]

Normally I agree with you…but those top 10% employ an ARMY of CPA’s and Tax Attorneys…they make all sorts of moves to avoid paying the percentage of taxes that a 50-100K person does.

[quote]UtahLama wrote:

[quote]ZEB wrote:

[/quote]

Normally I agree with you…but those top 10% employ an ARMY of CPA’s and Tax Attorneys…they make all sorts of moves to avoid paying the percentage of taxes that a 50-100K person does.
[/quote]
Do either of you know what the capital gains tax rate is without checking? Or can you even guess what portion of income …lets use it loosely…comes from capital gains instead of a salary?

Income tax can’t be seen in a vacuum. Americans in the top .1 percent of wealth aren’t making it from a salary.

[quote]UtahLama wrote:

[quote]benos4752 wrote:

[quote]Ratchet wrote:

1. a place to live
  2. a car
  3. food

A place to live
Food
At least one car
A big screen tv
Clean water
Clothes
Etc

[/quote]

I made a thread about it already and everyone threw shit at me for suggesting that instead of focusing on everyone labeled “under the poverty line” which is arbitrarily at thirty percent of America (I even found out I was considered under the poverty line and I live an awesome life), we focus on the something like .8% of American families that are actually homeless. Get more return for our money since the rest of the money is just supporting people sitting on their couch.[/quote]

HELL…YES

Also, make the requirements for social services more stringent, drug testing, verification of dependents ect. And don’t make it a moneymaking benefit to having more children i.e more children = escalating welfare.[/quote]

You guys might actually be able to understand the situation if you weren’t busy jerking off to your superiority over all those “lazy” people who are unemployed because they’re “sitting on the couch” instead of going to work.

If “poverty” is so great and the poor are just getting a free ride, heres an idea: quit. Quit your job, move in with “family or friends”, just sit on the couch and take the free ride too.

Whats that? You wont? Oh, right, I forget - you’re just better than all of them.

That about right?

[quote]UtahLama wrote:

[quote]benos4752 wrote:

[quote]Ratchet wrote:

1. a place to live
  2. a car
  3. food

A place to live
Food
At least one car
A big screen tv
Clean water
Clothes
Etc

[/quote]

HELL…YES

Also, make the requirements for social services more stringent, drug testing, verification of dependents ect. And don’t make it a moneymaking benefit to having more children i.e more children = escalating welfare.[/quote]

You guys might actually be able to understand the situation if you weren’t busy jerking off to your superiority over all those “lazy” people who are unemployed because they’re “sitting on the couch” instead of going to work.

If “poverty” is so great and the poor are just getting a free ride, heres an idea: quit. Quit your job, move in with “family or friends”, just sit on the couch and take the free ride too.

Whats that? You wont? Oh, right, I forget - you’re just better than all of them.

That about right?[/quote]

Way to miss the point completely…I was merely pointing out that the current entitlement system is unsustainable…you cannot support people who simply want to exist on the government dole.

Sorry if that offends your tender sensibilities.

And I work to help support this massive support system so if I quit, YOU don’t get your weekly check from Uncle Sam.

Still want me to stay home from work?

[quote]UtahLama wrote:

[quote]UtahLama wrote:

[quote]benos4752 wrote:

[quote]Ratchet wrote:

1. a place to live
  2. a car
  3. food

A place to live
Food
At least one car
A big screen tv
Clean water
Clothes
Etc

[/quote]

HELL…YES

That about right?[/quote]

Way to miss the point completely…I was merely pointing out that the current entitlement system is unsustainable…you cannot support people who simply want to exist on the government dole.

Sorry if that offends your tender sensibilities.

And I work to help support this massive support system so if I quit, YOU don’t get your weekly check from Uncle Sam.

Still want me to stay home from work?[/quote]

The fact that I is always capitalized makes it bothersome to emphasize. btw.

I don’t get any weekly check from Uncle Sam. I qualify for partial unemployment, but don’t collect.

And YOU miss the point in that all those “people who simply want to exist on the goverment dole” don’t actually exist. That’s just you trying to convince yourself that you’re somehow inherently better than them.

SO, tell me, why do you work when you could “exist on the goverment dole”? Rule: your answer cannot be a version of “Cause I’m better than those other people!!”