Occupy Wall Street

[quote]MaximusB wrote:
Obama missed a golden moment to go after these pricks who did this, but he was in it with them. NOT ONE SINGLE FEDERAL INDICTMENT issued on this mess, but he will beat his chest about Wall Street fatcats.

That protesting shit won’t amount to anything, not til the bring the axes and pitchforks. [/quote]
I agree with this.

The system is complex, OF COURSE there are brats and idiots among the protestors.
But the fact the FATCATS ROBBED THE TAXPAYERS in 2008, remains the same.
Americans need to show they hae balls and string some failed robber baron CEOs from Wall Street light posts.
I agree with many of the ‘anti-occupy’ crowd in this thread, in that students who took out exorbiant loans and studied bs, who now find themselves unemployed and in debt have noone to blame but themselves. We reap what we sow, if you study something that is not highly sought after you will not be highly sought after. If you get yourself in a geat deal of debt, it was your responsibility to have a plan to pay that off, you should be apoligizing to the lender for fooling him with your shit poor long term plan.

This Occupy Wall Street has the credibility to become a real populist revolt against a plutocratic parasite class. It could be an upstart for widened popular support for smaller government, increased community autonomy and the castration of corrupt interest groups. It is up to US to carpe diem the Occupy Wall Street movement and turn into a real respectable force. Otherwise it will just turn into an amateur’s reenactment of the WTO Seattle debacle.

[quote]MaximusB wrote:
Obama missed a golden moment to go after these pricks who did this, but he was in it with them. NOT ONE SINGLE FEDERAL INDICTMENT issued on this mess, but he will beat his chest about Wall Street fatcats.

That protesting shit won’t amount to anything, not til the bring the axes and pitchforks. [/quote]

I’m an Obama fan but I agree. He fucked up and dropped the ball badly there. really badly.

Here’s mine:

"I was really smart, but bored in highschool and fucked around and smoked a lot of pot and drank and fucked. My teachers were awful and uncreative and couldn’t think outside of the boxes and wrote me off. I might have graduated in teh bottom third. I taught myself to play guitar and earned money gigging on the weekends- more money than anyone else I knew in school.

I took out a few loans to go to a NJ State College and worked most of the time, even while rowing on the crew team. I majored in Geology- a “superscience” comprising math, physics, chemistry, biology, and field observation. I graduated with honors and was awarded a full scholarship to graduate school where I worked to get a Masters degree in Geology/Geophysics after which I never looked at a rock again.

I taught myself how to program computers and have made a fuckton of money and carved out a niche for myself specializing in a certain type of software. Now I can afford gym memberships, steaks, and a fuckton of protein and supplements and the luxury of having time to go the gym in addition to my other ‘enterprises’.

Fuck all you lazy hippies protesting success because you make fucked up decisions, bitches!"

How’s that? What percentage am I in?

Props to you SteelyD. We have to MAKE our own playpens.

But I’ve gotta say…a lot of these protesters are KIDS! They don’t know ANYTHING from Mom/Dad and studying/partying in college. That’s it! They’re frustrated as hell…which is understandable…but eventually the smarter ones are going to get pissed off and tired of being a victim and f’ing create the life they want. Lots of people were victims at something in their 20’s (30’s, etc) and learned to overcome. I just see it as a big learning process, that’s all. Every generation goes through it.

Having said that, there are some that are not just passing through this ‘phase’ and will be fucknut victims their entire lives…sadly.

[quote]FightinIrish26 wrote:

[quote]MaximusB wrote:

I’m an Obama fan but I agree. He fucked up and dropped the ball badly there. really badly.
[/quote]

(And jail the “Job Creators”, FI??? Say it ain’t so!)

On a more serious not; in most cases, even though these guys brought the economies of this Country and the World to the brink of complete collapse…they often did it via legal means.

Sad, but true.

Mufasa

[quote]Bujo wrote:
The folks doing the protesting are a bunch of whiny-ass bitches being there bitch selves whining about how it’s unfair that they are not happy and wealthy like Gates, Buffet, Koch, Soros, etc…

However, their ad campaign is Highlarious…[/quote]

Read a few pages, and reconsider.

Wait, let me understand the reactions here: you’re actually mad that people are protesting what has been going on in the financial sector? Like, what is the rationale there, “the Federal Reserve and investment banks have really helped out the nation, how dare you protest them!”

It boggles my mind that people would rather rant at a stereotype than speak out in their own economic interest.

BTW, I work 50 hours a week, and found time to join the protest on the Brooklyn Bridge yesterday, cry me a river on how hard you have it compared to the unemployed.

[quote]MaudDib wrote:
Wait, let me understand the reactions here: you’re actually mad that people are protesting what has been going on in the financial sector? Like, what is the rationale there, “the Federal Reserve and investment banks have really helped out the nation, how dare you protest them!”

It boggles my mind that people would rather rant at a stereotype than speak out in their own economic interest.

BTW, I work 50 hours a week, and found time to join the protest on the Brooklyn Bridge yesterday, cry me a river on how hard you have it compared to the unemployed. [/quote]

You need to understand that this place is stacked with people who are the rich and powerfulls best friends. This place should really be renamed: the burgeoise fanclub.

Really FI, the country that the tea party stole from you…lol. No we are restoring it back to where it belongs. What befuddles me is when a person blame’s one’s own problems on other people especially the rich. No flowergirl we are all not rich as you think we are we just refuse to quit, we refuse to point fingers at others when things are going wrong.
And to the guy working only 50 hrs a week maybe you should work longer or find a way to produce more income so you can pull yourself out of your self-induced misery. By the way I am in no way rich.
Isn’t this one of Sual Alinksy rules? Cause rift between classes, races in order to divide the people?

What I find astounding is that the ultra rich buy the presidency and the senate, create economic bubbles and after the bubble bursts they extract billions of taxpayers money from the system bringing the world economy to the brink of ruin, and when people protest against this rape they are foolish and lazy?

[at a loss for words]

[quote]Bujo wrote:
HaHaHaHaHa!

She paid $100k for a history degree. [i]A history degree.[/i]

Seriously, what was she planning on doing with a history degree that would net her a return on the $100k she invested into getting it?

If you’re going to invest $100k into an education then everything you sign should start with Dr. and end with Ph.D. For fuck’s sake invest in a field that will net you a return.[/quote]

It’s so sad. This is what I was talking about in my thread “get rid of jobless people”. People in America are brought up under the retarded notion that they can be anything they want and they should really figure out what THEY WANT to study, not what they NEED to study. I will leave it to the Asians, who tell their kids not to study worthless subjects, to slap them upside the financial head.

When did I say I was living in misery? You don’t have too be unemployed to want to speak up for the 1 in 5 New Yorkers I live with who live below the poverty line.

Sorry, unemployment and underemployment spiked in 08 not because millions of Americans suddenly decided to ‘be lazy’, but because of the reckless actions of Wall St. and their government “regulators.” I know it’s been 3 years, but how do you forget that?

[quote]ironcross wrote:

[quote]Bujo wrote:
HaHaHaHaHa!

She paid $100k for a history degree. [i]A history degree.[/i]

Seriously, what was she planning on doing with a history degree that would net her a return on the $100k she invested into getting it?

If you’re going to invest $100k into an education then everything you sign should start with Dr. and end with Ph.D. For fuck’s sake invest in a field that will net you a return.[/quote]

It’s so sad. This is what I was talking about in my thread “get rid of jobless people”. People in America are brought up under the retarded notion that they can be anything they want and they should really figure out what THEY WANT to study, not what they NEED to study. I will leave it to the Asians, who tell their kids not to study worthless subjects, to slap them upside the financial head.[/quote]
Well on their website I have seen 2 asians by the second page…jussayin.

I agree tho, ‘degree spoiled’ is my new term. It implies those who had the notiont hat getting a billion in debt in some worthless humanity was a good idea, and now are bitching and moaning cuz they feel gipped.

On one hand, I think theya re morons because they shouldn’t have gone with the sheeple and thot for themselves.

On the other hand, that has been the general theme of society for the past 20 years, the k-12 public school system basically telling you to go to Uni and study ‘what you want.’

At the end of a day, man must take responsibity for himself, that doesn’t mean that there aren’t outright misleading if not predatory influences among those are supposed to be guides nowadays tho.

So just a quick question to all those who clearly are not on the side of the protesters. Do you feel that wallstreet and the other greater powers/institutions who run this great country of ours did not in any way sell us out and partially/entirely ruin the lives of millions and millions of people?

[quote]WideGuy wrote:
So just a quick question to all those who clearly are not on the side of the protesters. Do you feel that wallstreet and the other greater powers/institutions who run this great country of ours did not in any way sell us out and partially/entirely ruin the lives of millions and millions of people? [/quote]

Hey Wideguy how the heck have you been? It’s been like 5 or 6 years since we’ve spoken.

As to the protestors, they’ve missed their mark by hundreds of miles. They should be marching on Washington, or at least Barny Franks house.

[quote]FightinIrish26 wrote:

[quote]benos4752 wrote:
Lazy, stupid scum…all of them (the protesters).

“I took $100,000 for a history degree.” Dumbass. First, if you’re picking a subject that has little return for a job, how’s that my fault? And why do you have $100,000 in loans? Let me guess, you didn’t want to work and go to school so you used loans to pay for everything include rent and food. And let’s say you study history because want to become a teacher (admirable, I’m studying english literature because I wish to become a teacher), then get your bachelors from a state school, get a job, and later, when you can support yourself, go back for a higher degree and more pay.

You’re 20, have no job or job experience? That’s your fault…or your parents. Should have gotten a job at McDonalds in high school. Not too late though, fast food is always hiring…there’s your experience.

These fucking people. I started working when I was 14 (guess I’m one of those privileged few to be lucky enough to start working on farms in the summer). Saved. When I was 16, bought my own car (used, from family). Turned 18, graduated, went to a community college, got my associates and EMT training. Got a job as an EMT. Saved and saved and saved. Now, I’m 24 and working on my bachelors. Suuure, you little 99 percenters got to graduate at 22, maybe 23. But, you either did it on mommy and daddy’s dime, or took out a shit ton of loans; meanwhile, I’m completely self-sufficient and have ten years of job experience under my belt. So even if I can’t score a teaching job right out of college, I can pretty easily get a job and be just fine while I look for one. And by look, I mean call, visit, search, possibly even have to look out of state, but I’ll still get one before your asses because I understand that A) they don’t come to you and B) you have to work your ass off make yourself look better than the rest.

I’ve been working my ass off for years. I’ve saved my money. Just because mommy and daddy handed everything to you and you’ve never had to work for anything in your life…that’s not my fault. We all make choices, don’t try to get sympathy from me because you made the wrong ones.[/quote]

This is one of the most bitter, bullshit filled posts I’ve ever read here.

There’s no fucking jobs. People get angry when there’s no fucking jobs, especially when they’ve been told that if they go to college and get a degree in WHATEVER they’ll be able to get a job.

I love this Occupy Wall Street thing and I hope it spreads in order to counteract that dipshit-filled Teabagger party that has hijacked my country.
[/quote]

What was bullshit? That he’s been working hard, and busting his ass to get what he wants? More than a few folks could take lessons from Benos.

What are you talking about?!? There are jobs available all over the country. We’ve been hiring like crazy in the Southern Gulf states. You need work? Try looking in North Dakota, Colorado, Montana, and Wyoming. I just spent three months up there training new hires.

Anybody who believes a degree entitles them to a job is a fucking retard. You’re not entitled to a degree. You’re not entitled to a job. You’re not entitled to health care. Your sole entitlements are the [i]PURSUIT[/i] of life, liberty, and happiness.

Nobody has hijacked your country. The Tea Party hasn’t hijacked anything, and neither have us that contribute to the Tea Party.

Stop sniveling and put on your big boy pants. Life isn’t fair. If you really want something then you’re gonna have to work for it.

[quote]ephrem wrote:
(…) our assessment indicates that as of 2009, the net worth of the nation?s 400 wealthiest individuals exceeds the net worth of half of all American households.

[/quote]

Hasn’t this been pretty much true since the 1870-1880’s? Not exactly ground breaking news there.

[quote]CappedAndPlanIt wrote:

[quote]Bujo wrote:
The folks doing the protesting are a bunch of whiny-ass bitches being there bitch selves whining about how it’s unfair that they are not happy and wealthy like Gates, Buffet, Koch, Soros, etc…

However, their ad campaign is Highlarious…[/quote]

Read a few pages, and reconsider.[/quote]

I’ve been reading. I like the ones where they claim to pay more taxes than G.E. or Exxon.

[quote]WideGuy wrote:
So just a quick question to all those who clearly are not on the side of the protesters. Do you feel that wallstreet and the other greater powers/institutions who run this great country of ours did not in any way sell us out and partially/entirely ruin the lives of millions and millions of people? [/quote]

I don’t think they sold anybody out. I think they made a gamble that didn’t pan out. I think the government should have done some deeper investigations. I think the companies themselves should have held their employees, CEOs, and COOs more accountable. I think the folks that are protesting don’t even know what they are protesting for. They just want to blame some one for their troubles.

[quote]Bujo wrote:
There are jobs available all over the country. We’ve been hiring like crazy in the Southern Gulf states. You need work? Try looking in North Dakota, Colorado, Montana, and Wyoming. I just spent three months up there training new hires.

Anybody who believes a degree entitles them to a job is a fucking retard. You’re not entitled to a degree. You’re not entitled to a job. You’re not entitled to health care. Your sole entitlements are the [i]PURSUIT[/i] of life, liberty, and happiness.

Nobody has hijacked your country. The Tea Party hasn’t hijacked anything, and neither have us that contribute to the Tea Party.

Stop sniveling and put on your big boy pants. Life isn’t fair. If you really want something then you’re gonna have to work for it.
[/quote]

Good post. I’ve said it before on this forum and so did many people before me…‘There are always people who prosper in hard times.’ Millionaires were made in the Depression. In my case, I sold a condo and moved to a bigger house with a nice big piece of property during the past 2 years. My 401K bounced around like a super ball but I’ve got more of a nest egg now than I did 3 years ago. Half the company I work for got laid off and I feel like I’m doing the work of 3 people. I can understand people’s frustration. I’m frustrated my staff is gone. I’m frustrated by having to work until 9 for the past 3 Friday nights. Boo-hoo, life is so unfair. But its better than the alternative and we all just have to choose what side of the equation we’re going to be on.