Occlusion Training And Double Stimulation

Hey Thibs,

What do you think about occlusion training for double stimulation purposes? Seems like a pretty gnarly way of doing it.

Thinking of doing it for my triceps and biceps after my push and pull days, respectively.

I tried occlusion training. Don’t like it

I know personally a guy who ended up in the hospital because of it.

The problem is that you need to put enough pressure to occlude veinous return without blocking arterial flow. It is VERY hard to do outside of a medical setting.

And the results are honestly not spectacular and not worth the hassle and potential health risk.

Is that so? Very interesting! Thanks, Coach. You’ve given me a lot to think about

Yes, and he was a well read fairly high level bodybuilder. So he kinda knew what he was doing

Did he recover ok? I’ve really liked it when I’ve used it in the past

Yes he is still competing but not using occlusion anymore.

I know what you are saying. I used it a few times with an IFBB pro that I worked with. The first time he was freaked out by the size of the pump. But the subsequent times he didn’t get the same effects and we did not notice any additional gains compared to regular training so I concluded that it is not worth the hassle and health risks.

I will not use it again with any body. I will not recommend it to anybody. If you like it, fine you make your own decisions, but I will personally not ok it.

Yeah it’s hard to see past that pump! I’m sort of on the fence about it, though. I mean the pump is unlike anything else so that in and of itself is kinda cool, but I’ve read that a high rep/short rest protocol produces similar results to occlusion training anyway, so it might just be a function of the protocol and not anything magical about the method. I dunno.

Ok, I understand. I’ll definitely have a think; I’d not have asked if I wasn’t planning on taking your advice on board.