Obtuse Religious Philosophy

Let’s play a game. Have fun here guys.

Exhibit A: The story of Cain and Abel

In the bible God expects offerings from his lowly human peons - because you know, a loving god wants to make sure you know he is the fucking boss and what he says goes. Abel offers him the flesh of animals - you know, he kills some animals for no reason other then to show his god that he can. This is seen as a worthy offering by god.

Now those who aren’t Christian are probably thinking, “That is an awfully sinister god!” - I ASSURE you however, the bible says he is a nice god! Cain on the other hand offers god his crops instead of the flesh of animals. God sees this as unfit. What comes next kiddies? Cain sacrifices to his god the flesh of animal - his brother Abel. God then casts Cain away and Cain is forever seen as evil. Now I ask you, where does this story support a just and loving god? I beg to differ.

(God was jealous and angry that Cain outsmarted him - after this all murder was seen as evil… except, you know, when it was done because god said its okay; like killing those fucking dirty arabs)

Don’t worry I’ll bastardize the stories of the Jews and Muslims and whoever the fuck else wants to spit in the face of logic whenever I get a chance. Edit: Naaaaaah I probably wont. Ill save that for predominately muslim and jewish forums, respectively.

Oh, and by the way, Christ was just an amalgam of Tummuz and Mithras created to unify three leading religions for the sake of stopping their fighting… It didn’t work.

Yes, that is exactly what you did bastardize the story of Christians, Jews, and Muslims. Maybe you should use that ‘logic’ (which I admit yours is about as useful as a hot shit in a sauna) to realize that if you bastardize something you will not get it and that people can see your trap before they even enter the door.

And, what is your proof that Christ is just an amalgam of Tummuz and Mithras…have you been watching the History Channel? I’m so proud of you, I admit it’s a step up from Nickelodeon. However, if you wish to be educated I suggest picking up a book commonly known as a history book.

Woah woah OP. Back it up.

First lets talk about their parents, Adam and Eve, who had eternal happiness in paradise, till that loving, omnipotent god randomly decided to put magic forbidden fruit in the garden, and allow a talking snake to swindle them into eating it.

Christians make no fucking sense because Christians are a bad combination of Greek and Jew. Christian God makes no sense because its a bad combination of Zeus and Yahweh. Yahweh was a jealous, murderous asshole. Zeus was a benevolent God with limited power. Each makes sense individually, but when you try to put them both together, you get an omnibenevolent god who kills firstborn children -makes no fucking sense.

[quote]CappedAndPlanIt wrote:

First lets talk about their parents, Adam and Eve, who had eternal happiness in paradise, till that loving, omnipotent god randomly decided to put magic forbidden fruit in the garden, and allow a talking snake to swindle them into eating it.

Christians make no fucking sense because Christians are a bad combination of Greek and Jew. Christian God makes no sense because its a bad combination of Zeus and Yahweh. Yahweh was a jealous, murderous asshole. Zeus was a benevolent God with limited power. Each makes sense individually, but when you try to put them both together, you get an omnibenevolent god who kills firstborn children -makes no fucking sense.[/quote]

I see you’re also a religious BIGOT. There is no depths to which you will not sink.

[quote]CappedAndPlanIt wrote:

[/quote]

Oh jesus! Yes very good point! Let’s talk about the IRONY of the portrayal of the snake in the garden of eden. How absolutely rich is it that the bearer of light and knowledge is portrayed as the evil figure? Oh jesus… This shit is not rocket science, I swear to god.

I sense anger issues here…

Dont forget the free will argument. You know the one where us “sinners” chose to go to hell. An all knowing, all powerful, omnipotent being who created heaven and the earth somehow forgot to put evidence of his existence.

Then, supposedly we get to burn in hell for all eternity because we used the brain that he gave us to question things that dont make sense. Believe in me or burn in hell for all eternity. Nice god? Sounds more like a mafia boss who is going to break your legs if you dont do as he says. Some free will huh? Of course I know ill get the whole “you dont understand” excuse.

[quote]pat wrote:
I sense anger issues here…[/quote]

I am not angry. The emotion I feel sits somewhere between pity and undying laughter.

Arent there like 20+ threads over this and like 5 active? This has been gone over so many times that it is old. The arguments are always the same; ignorant, inferior, Christians(because lets be honest, its about Christians and not anyone else) believe that there is a Sky wizard and you will ridicule and make jokes about that to the end.

[quote]Deorum wrote:

[quote]pat wrote:

I am not angry. The emotion I feel sits somewhere between pity and undying laughter.[/quote]

Ok, that’s cool. How about just save the pity and laugh all you want? I think that’s fair.

[quote]pat wrote:

I have to say that at times it does anger me. The fact that there is a group of people in the world who have the nerve to tell me that I deserve to be tortured for eternity REGARDLESS of how good of a human being I have been in my life simply because I am not a member of their club is something that does anger me.

[quote]ColumboSteel wrote:
Dont forget the free will argument. You know the one where us “sinners” chose to go to hell. An all knowing, all powerful, omnipotent being who created heaven and the earth somehow forgot to put evidence of his existence.[/quote]

He gave his one and only son as EVIDENCE. If you refuse that great gift of forgiveness then you have chosen an eternity in hell.

[quote]Deorum wrote:

[quote]pat wrote:

I am not angry. The emotion I feel sits somewhere between pity and undying laughter.[/quote]

I think it’s jealousy that drives you…

I think you hate that there are people here, who believe with a conviction about something, some ideology, and you wish you had such conviction (about anything.) The problem is, you are hollow, you have no backbone to speak of. You have nothing to stand on, but hate and envy.

Whether it’s Christians, Jews, Muslims, you envy them because they have defined themselves with what they believe. You have not, and you are not capable because you have no fucking clue who YOU are. You are the kind of kid who will blame everyone else’s success on luck, “they got lucky, they must be lucky.” I doubt you have worked or invested in a single thing in your life, because you have no nuts. So you come in here, try to poke at our ideologies (whatever and whichever they may be).

If you choose not to believe in a religion that is your choice. Why you feel the need try to convince others of your position, only to reaffirm your own position, is true weakness.

The point behind religion is faith. Believing in what is not humanly possible, but what is divinely possible. Now, carry on with your sewage.

[quote]MaximusB wrote:

[quote]Deorum wrote:

[quote]pat wrote:

I think you hate that there are people here, who believe with a conviction about something, some ideology, and you wish you had such conviction (about anything.) The problem is, you are hollow, you have no backbone to speak of. You have nothing to stand on, but hate and envy.

Whether it’s Christians, Jews, Muslims, you envy them because they have defined themselves with what they believe. You have not, and you are not capable because you have no fucking clue who YOU are. You are the kind of kid who will blame everyone else’s success on luck, “they got lucky, they must be lucky.” I doubt you have worked or invested in a single thing in your life, because you have no nuts. So you come in here, try to poke at our ideologies (whatever and whichever they may be).

If you choose not to believe in a religion that is your choice. Why you feel the need try to convince others of your position, only to reaffirm your own position, is true weakness.

The point behind religion is faith. Believing in what is not humanly possible, but what is divinely possible. Now, carry on with your sewage. [/quote]

Blind faith is the driving mechanism of self-deceit - the ultimate sin in my bible.

[quote]pat wrote:

I have to say that at times it does anger me. The fact that there is a group of people in the world who have the nerve to tell me that I deserve to be tortured for eternity REGARDLESS of how good of a human being I have been in my life simply because I am not a member of their club is something that does anger me.[/quote]

Good? Have you ever stolen anything? If so you’re a thief. Have you ever lied about anything? If so you’re a liar. And on and on…And you think that a perfect God will accept you in heaven? How can a liar and a thief go to heaven?

There’s only one way, and that is accepting Christ’s great sacrifice on the cross. He died for your sins so that you wouldn’t have to rely on being “good” because as flawed human beings we can never be good enough.

[quote]Deorum wrote:

[quote]MaximusB wrote:

[quote]Deorum wrote:

[quote]pat wrote:

The point behind religion is faith. Believing in what is not humanly possible, but what is divinely possible. Now, carry on with your sewage. [/quote]

Blind faith is the driving mechanism of self-deceit - the ultimate sin in my bible.[/quote]

No where in the Bible does it say that self-deceit is the ultimate sin. However, the most important commandment is: “Love the Lord your God with all your heart, with all your soul and with all your mind and with all your strength.” (Mark 12:28-31)

Are you doing this?

[quote]ZEB wrote:

[quote]pat wrote:

I have to say that at times it does anger me. The fact that there is a group of people in the world who have the nerve to tell me that I deserve to be tortured for eternity REGARDLESS of how good of a human being I have been in my life simply because I am not a member of their club is something that does anger me.[/quote]

Good? Have you ever stolen anything? If so you’re a thief. Have you ever lied about anything? If so you’re a liar. And on and on…And you think that a perfect God will accept you in heaven? How can a liar and a thief go to heaven?

There’s only one way, and that is accepting Christ’s great sacrifice on the cross. He died for your sins so that you wouldn’t have to rely on being “good” because as flawed human beings we can never be good enough.
[/quote]

NOBODY WANTS TO HEAR YOUR PREACHING! NOBODY! YOUR RELIGION IS LIKE A PEDOPHILES DICK! KEEP IT IN YOUR PANTS AND DON’T SHOVE IT DOWN MY SONS THROAT! IF YOUR RELIGION IS SO GREAT THEN THE MASSES SHALL CONVERT THEMSELVES. I CANNOT TAKE THE MALIGNANT CANCER PRETENTIOUS BULLSHIT OF YOUR KIND ANY LONGER. NO I AM NOT FUCKING BEING OVER DRAMATIC EITHER! THIS HAS GONE ON FOR EONS! BE LIKE YOUR SAVIOR JESUS AND LOVE ME, YOUR ENEMY AND GRACEFULLY TAKE THE LASHINGS I AM PUTTING ON YOUR RELIGIONS DISFIGURED BACK!

Stop asking for somebody else to save you from your sins - you weak fuck. Be a goddamn fucking man and do it your goddamn self. All this “I AM NOT WORTHY SOMEBODY SAVE ME” bullshit has left me with pain in my heart. You weak, weak machine.

[quote]Deorum wrote:

[quote]ZEB wrote:

[quote]pat wrote:

[/quote]

NOBODY WANTS TO HEAR YOUR PREACHING! NOBODY! [/quote]

Funny, considering you have done the most “preaching” in this thread.

[quote]dk44 wrote:

[quote]Deorum wrote:

[quote]ZEB wrote:

[quote]pat wrote:

[/quote]

NOBODY WANTS TO HEAR YOUR PREACHING! NOBODY! [/quote]

Funny, considering you have done the most “preaching” in this thread.[/quote]

You, I can actually talk to.

No I am not preaching, I am providing the other side of the argument. How could one make a judgment without hearing both sides? Would you not agree that is very foolish? I have yet to preach you a religion to convert to, and never will I.

I am providing for the people the ultimate justice, a fair try at regaining their minds.