T Nation

Obtaining a Rough BF Percentage

Hey Guys I have a question…

I am on the AD and looking to track my results…heres the issue…I have too much fat weight to lose to get accurate measurements from calipers…although I am very proficient in tape measuring and tracking…

Question…Could you guys direct me to a formula/website that I can use to get an estimate into my BF % that takes into account height, weight and various measurements…

NOTE: I am not interested in the army/navy Height/weight/neck/waist measurement formula…not only is is innacurate…but say for instance this past week I lost no inches from my waist…but I lost a half inch from each of my legs and a quarter inch from my chest…so that formula would o me no good as my weight stayed the same despite those losses…

Pugs

Would you be satisfied with taking several bodyparts measurments and adding them to get a total, recording them and tracking them that way?

Right Thigh (circumference)

Right Upper Arm

Umbilical

Nipple line (Chest)

Add up your numbers and watch them go down each week (but go up during carb-ups so measure on Friday night!)This works better with calipers but it may work with a cloth tape. What bothers me about the tape is the carb-up and added muscle mass throwing it all off.

Yeh the thing I was really wanting to find out is the shift from fat to muscle…cause thisw week my weight stayed the same but a lost measurements…I weighed mysely today and holy crapski I was two pounds heavier! My diet hasn’t changed and all of sudden two lbs up…so I am trying to find out my FFM more than anything…

I know what you’re going through. I really think that this diet more than ANY other will give you a tough time with measurements.

I would very routinely gain seven pounds by the time Sunday night rolled around. Between five and seven every single carb-up.

I hate to say it but using the mirror may be the best way to judge your success.

[quote]derek wrote:

I would very routinely gain seven pounds by the time Sunday night rolled around. Between five and seven every single carb-up.
[/quote]

That was actually my favorite part of the Cheater’s Diet, gaining 6+ pounds during the course of a cheat day. Awesome.

I LOVED the gaining from carb meals. Great pump as long as I didn’t fall asleep with a barbell in my hands from the carb-load meals. Damn those Fruity Pebbles!

I remember seeing a website that calculated your bf out from these measuremnts but I can’t freakin find it!

I got tis… allows you to track progress but no actual % numbers if they are something you need to tell others…

http://www.T-Nation.com/article/bodybuilding/lost_training_tips_an_oldschool_collection_of_muscle_insight&cr=

Joe

if calipers aren’t going to work, use a hand held device or a scale that uses BIA.

[quote]Joe Brook wrote:
I got tis… allows you to track progress but no actual % numbers if they are something you need to tell others…

http://www.T-Nation.com/article/bodybuilding/lost_training_tips_an_oldschool_collection_of_muscle_insight&cr=

Joe[/quote]

I actually thought this was a link to eliteballa3’s thread.