T Nation

Obsession: Radical Islam

[quote]Wreckless wrote:
Why not let the moderate muslimstake care of the radicals.

In the mean time, we can deal with radical Christians. They’re both a threat to the world.[/quote]

There are a lot of very dumb things said on this web site. You have to just gloss over most of them, but both the 1st and 2nd parts of that post are the most ignorant things I may have ever seen in my life.

A friend of mine is an executive in a large ESL (English as a Second Language) school. He travels a lot to foreign countries to recruit students, as his school charges a lot for tuition and makes big money. He had already been to China quite a few times before he was assigned to go to Indonesia in 2003.

My friend is a staunch Christian. Not a lunatic, annoying Evangelical type, but he does have strong faith (in a good way). Anyhow, he had a lot of apprehension about traveling to a Muslim country.

He came back saying it was the best three weeks of his life. Said the people there were the most humble, down-to-earth people he had ever met who went out of their way to make him feel like a brother. He said they were just as curious about him and America as he was about them and Indonesia.

Wore his cross necklace visible at all times (so much for your stupid idea HeadHunter that Christians can’t wear crosses in muslim countries) and never had any trouble with anyone. Said the Indonesians were like people anywhere else except that they prayed multiple times a day and didn’t drink.

Since then he’s been back to Indonesia twice and also has went to Saudi Arabia and Jordan the UAE. Had similiar good experiences in Arabia and Jordan and the UAE. Never was harrassed for being a Christian or wearing a cross visibly, although he did say it was kind of eery how in Arabia women have to cover up, while in Jordan they dress pretty modernly in Amman (the capital). Said the UAE is the middle-eastern version of Las Vegas.

You know why no one takes you seriously HeadHunter? Because your posts are full of bullsh*t information.

[quote]Wreckless wrote:

In the mean time, we can deal with radical Christians. They’re both a threat to the world.[/quote]

What about the Israeli’s and the Zionists? Your the resident Anti-Semite troll…how could you leave them out?

The only problem with the Zionist Israelis is that they have control of Congress via their lobby…which is dangerous. If our congressman/congresswoman weren’t whores to the biggest bidders than they wouldn’t be a problem at all. It is a problem right now, though, since they have our foreign policy on lockdown.

[quote]disciplined wrote:
Wreckless wrote:

In the mean time, we can deal with radical Christians. They’re both a threat to the world.

I don’t think it’s accurate to compare extreme Christians to extreme Muslims. I have not seen many things, people, or places blown up in recent history by masked Christian fundamentalists.

Violent Islamic movements are a serious problem. The groups that belong under this umbrella have made no secret of their intentions, and it’s pretty widespread.

The same can’t be said for nutcase Christians, who, at worst, have blown up abortion clinics and stage offensive protests at funerals. And say stupid shit on their television programs. [/quote]

I’m pretty sure the IRA constitutes extreme christians. They’ve blown up plenty of shit. Either way, blowing things up, protesting funerals, whatever, radicalism or extremism is almost universally a bad thing.

[quote]m0dd3r wrote:
I’m pretty sure the IRA constitutes extreme christians. They’ve blown up plenty of shit. Either way, blowing things up, protesting funerals, whatever, radicalism or extremism is almost universally a bad thing.[/quote]

Let’s be fair now. I am pretty sure that Atheists/Agnostics and general haters of religion have still been the biggest tyrants and murderers of all time. So being against religion does not absolve anyone in terms of ties to terror, murder and all around nastyness.
So I do not know what you would have to associate yourself with in order to not have ties to any bad behaviour. Wicca?

http://www.renewamerica.us/columns/stock/050926

From the above:

“Islamics are not offended when Omar Ahmad, co-founder of the Council on American-Islamic Relations, declares that it is the goal of CAIR to replace our Constitution with the Quran and is incensed if Americans are offended. After all, that is being disrespectful of the Quran. Any American who does not want the Quran replacing the Constitution and who speaks out against Islam is immediately labeled an “Islamaphobe.” When Islam is involved, there is no freedom of speech.”

Maybe he can get the new Muslim Congressman from Minnesota to help him replace our Constitution.

[quote]Headhunter wrote:
“Islamics are not offended when Omar Ahmad, co-founder of the Council on American-Islamic Relations, declares that it is the goal of CAIR to replace our Constitution with the Quran and is incensed if Americans are offended. After all, that is being disrespectful of the Quran. Any American who does not want the Quran replacing the Constitution and who speaks out against Islam is immediately labeled an “Islamaphobe.” When Islam is involved, there is no freedom of speech.”

Maybe he can get the new Muslim Congressman from Minnesota to help him replace our Constitution.[/quote]

He sounds rather like you do, only from the other side.

Good luck on getting the votes required to replace the US Constitution with the Quran.

[quote]pat36 wrote:
m0dd3r wrote:
I’m pretty sure the IRA constitutes extreme christians. They’ve blown up plenty of shit. Either way, blowing things up, protesting funerals, whatever, radicalism or extremism is almost universally a bad thing.

Let’s be fair now. I am pretty sure that Atheists/Agnostics and general haters of religion have still been the biggest tyrants and murderers of all time. So being against religion does not absolve anyone in terms of ties to terror, murder and all around nastyness.
So I do not know what you would have to associate yourself with in order to not have ties to any bad behaviour. Wicca?
[/quote]

The point I was trying to illustrate was that there are plenty of other radical groups that blow shit up and do other nasty things. Whether they be associated with Christianity, Islam, gay marriage, fat peoples’ rights, etc… doesn’t really matter. Extremism and radicalism to the point of violence are generally bad. I’m not exactly sure I understand what you were getting at with your post.

[quote]Headhunter wrote:
From the above:

Maybe he can get the new Muslim Congressman from Minnesota to help him replace our Constitution.[/quote]

also from above

“Barbara J. Stock [the author] is an RN of over 23 years and is fairly new to political writing. She has had articles posted on BushCountry, GOPUSA, AmericanDaily, RepublicanDailyNews, Town Hall, OpinionEditorials, and the Judson Cox Newsletter. She has her own website called Republican and Proud and welcomes comments at dickens502003@yahoo.com

Sweet, a nurse. Glad she shared her obviously well qualified opinion of what offends muslims with us. Rebulican and Proud, hmm, I’ve never sen the site, but I’m guessing it’s totally bipartisan, possible fair and balanced even.

I can’t find it right now, but I believe there was a reaction piece written to this article. The guy who wrote it was a high school janitor originally from Botswana. His English isn’t great, but he knows how to clean a toilet really well, so I’m gonna say his opinion is totally valid. I can’t remember his name, but I think he runs his own website too, I think it’s called something like “I clean poop and I’m proud of it so you should vote Democrat”

[quote]m0dd3r wrote:
pat36 wrote:
The point I was trying to illustrate was that there are plenty of other radical groups that blow shit up and do other nasty things. Whether they be associated with Christianity, Islam, gay marriage, fat peoples’ rights, etc… doesn’t really matter. Extremism and radicalism to the point of violence are generally bad. I’m not exactly sure I understand what you were getting at with your post.[/quote]

True enough, however the numbers have to go to the Islamo-nuts. The IRA and other factions are nasty enough but are more islolated and regional. Islamo-fascism is spread through out the world and seek the destruction of the West ultimately.

My other point is that people pick on religious peoples as the only violant ones. I was merely pointing out that non-religious people have reeked havok upon the earth, so religious people aren’t the only kooks in the world.