Obsessed With Eggs??

Just curious if there are others out there than make 20+ eggs a day, 7 days a week?

In the morning, I boil up 14 or so eggs for the day (peel them all and put them in the fridge and take some to work) and in the evening, I end up boiling 10+ eggs. This has just become a daily habit now.

Since I found out that eggs have a strong, if not the strongest, amino acid profile and are just as cheap as a cheap whey protein, it’s hard to beat them when it comes to protein quality and price.

20+ eggs a day? I’m all for eggs every day, but that is just too much cholesterol.

Sorry, I should mention that I only eat 3-5 egg yolks a day.

I eat at least 4 XL whole eggs per day almost seven days a week. It’s all good.

Hah, that’s better.

To answer your question, I can’t stand the taste of eggs at certain times. I can eat a few, about 2 whole eggs with 2-3 egg whites in the morning, but I can’t chow it down after that.

Do you guys boil them?? I think its a lot easier to eat them when they are hard boiled.

I wouldn’t eggs-actly say I’m obsessed, but they definitely are one of my favourite sources of protein. I hard boil them during the week so I can take them with me to the office. On the weekends, I usually eat them as an omelette with cheese and spinach.

I’ll eat 5-6 eggs a day, usually hard boiled because its so easy. I can’t eat them without something to spice them up a little. I used to sprinkle Lawry’s seasoned salt or Old Bay on them, now I like dipping them in honey mustard. The yokes get so dry so don’t eat all of them.

[quote]Nate Dogg wrote:
I eat at least 4 XL whole eggs per day almost seven days a week. It’s all good.[/quote]

What is that, like, 4X your bodyweight?

[quote]rrjc5488 wrote:
Nate Dogg wrote:

What is that, like, 4X your bodyweight?[/quote]

More importantly: If you stack them end to end, they’re taller than him.

Only be sure to drink a lot of water because of the sodium in egg whites.
The cholesterol thing with eggs is a myth, there’s cholesterol in it but it’s not the cholesterol in food that causes high cholesterol levels in the blood (only those with high cholesterol to start with need to watch it, but healthy ones not).

[quote]MR1 wrote:
Only be sure to drink a lot of water because of the sodium in egg whites.
The cholesterol thing with eggs is a myth, there’s cholesterol in it but it’s not the cholesterol in food that causes high cholesterol levels in the blood (only those with high cholesterol to start with need to watch it, but healthy ones not).[/quote]

You beat me to it. I WISH EVERYONE KNEW THIS.

Chris

The crazy thing is that I can’t stand whole eggs no matter how I cook them, but I can easily put down my eight-egg-white omelet every day. Those cartons of egg-whites are a godsend.

[quote]Nomancer wrote:
rrjc5488 wrote:
Nate Dogg wrote:

More importantly: If you stack them end to end, they’re taller than him.[/quote]

Come on guys! That is a little harsh! :wink:

Christopher

theres only like 3% of your dv of sodium in an egg. 10 eggs equal to about 1/4 teaspoon of salt

Eggs are awesome. They are the most complete/cheapest/easy forms of protein availible. I go through more than 80-90 a week.

When I was a lad I ate four dozen eggs
Every morning to help me get large
Now I’m a man I eat five dozen eggs
And I’m roughly the size of a barge

[quote]Nomancer wrote:
rrjc5488 wrote:
Nate Dogg wrote:

More importantly: If you stack them end to end, they’re taller than him.[/quote]

haha, good one.

[quote]HouseOfAtlas wrote:

…are just as cheap as a cheap whey protein, it’s hard to beat them when it comes to protein quality and price.[/quote]

“Not for long,” said TC, in a deliberately vague manner.

[quote]TC wrote:

“Not for long,” said TC, in a deliberately vague manner.

[/quote]

Damn you and your deliberate vagueness…