Observations

Firstly you are working with kids that have problems, before that it was adults with problems. What do they have in common? They are the minority in a pretty big group with smaller problems. I raised my kids in this environment and they at age 17 and 19 are about as well balanced, normal, and loving as people can be without being whimps. What it takes is parenting and the realization of the way the world is. You have to prepare the kids for the way the world is instead of sheilding them from it or ignoring it totally and expecting the media to raise your kids. Sure, sex is all over out there, so is violence. The key is to make sure they understand the difference between portrayed fantasies (movies) and real life. Once you get that part ironed out they can watch the movies and see them for what they are, instead of learn their moral code from them.

I think a lot of problems would be solved if the medical research community would put more emphasis on developing an inexpensive, easy to use, fool proof, (mandatory?) form of birth control. Tons of research is done on helping infertile couples to conceive, but very little research is done on birth control these days. It is partly because the drug companies wouldn’t make any money off of a super efficient form of birth control, but I think that society, as a whole would benefit. Then set up a system so that parents would have to take a course and get licensed to have a child etc. I know it sounds extremely “New world order” but WTF, I am tired of seeing people with half a dozen kids that don’t give a fuck about them. IMO there are just too many living and breathing examples of piss poor parenting walking the earth right now.

Get it through your thick head, Women are Objects! :slight_smile: