Observations After Stopping TRT - Update - Gynecomastia surgery 4/24

Awesome news man. It sounds like they might have removed all of your glandular material which means you can never get gyno again no matter what you do.

I had ā€œchest lipo with excisionā€. They use a ā€œvaserā€ device that involves injecting fluid first then using a laser to break down fatty tissue. The fluid helps with that somehow. If there is fibrous tissue I was told they cut it up/break it down with instruments into pieces they can pull it out through a small incision in your underarm. I did not have any cutting around my areola. They do it all from the incision on the side/under your arm.

I was looking online at videos earlier this year where a doctor in Austin talks about how you have to always get the gland or it will come back. He was big on that and this doctor said the same.
In one of the videos of the Austin doc he pointed out that fibrous tissue can sometime attached to the chest wall and can be difficult to get out. I think the one painful thing that happened to me on the right was the pulling away of some of that tissue. My buddy said as much. Hurt like hell.

The austin doc makes an incision around the areola based on the videos I saw. The guy I used does it all from the side incision where the cannula goes in for lipo.

The fluid in the drains is a combination of blood and that liquid. My buddy told me they have really low infection rates for lipo of this kind because one of the by products of the breakdown of fat is hydrogen peroxide. Itā€™s a natural antiseptic. The fluid in the drains is bright red watery liquid with some fatty oils visible too. Iā€™ll be happy when they are out but you canā€™t take them out too soon or it screws up your healing.

Itā€™s almost been a week and the drains are out and I am for the first time wearing just a compression shirt with no bandages on.

I wanted to add some observations. This a painful disruptive surgery. I had a bad chronic pain problem that was much worse and as a result handle transient types pain pretty well. I know this will go away and so mentally Iā€™m fine with it.

That being said. I had to sleep in a chair for 5 nights. I took an entire bottle of Vicodin between Wednesday and Monday morning. Last night was the first night I could sort of sleep on my side but it hurts. It feels like you would imagine it feels. Like you have had your tits cut off or as I like to say ā€œLike having your titties torn out through a hole in you under arm.ā€. My chest is numb in some places.

So the surgery and experience kind of sucks and you should really try to avoid having to go through it by managing your estrogen sides when on TRT and not taking drugs you donā€™t need (this does not include TRT which men need) like Finasteride and anything else that can cause gyno.

That being said Iā€™m glad I did it. I wouldnā€™t hesitate to do it again.

Best advice I ever read here. Thank you.

I am looking forward to your recovery reveal photo this time next year
when your tits are pec muscles real man boobs the ones we all strive for.

I actually need some advice on my current therapy. I need to call Defy. They kind of screwed up the handling of the Clomid script but made it up with by rush shipping it and giving me some credit. I do need to know what Iā€™m supposed to do next as Iā€™m almost done with the bottle. I donā€™t feel like there was a follow up plan. I will call them today.

I have not felt like I have estrogen sides quite like I did when I was taking test and HCG but you donā€™t want to go through what I did and have to worry about having any sort of gyno shit come back.

I guess testing is first but I am tempted to dose some anastrozole just to keep estrogen down. I know if I do that it will mess up my numbers when I check my test levels again though. Getting tested while monkeying around with meds makes the tests meaningless.

Iā€™m wondering if I should post another topic about that. I would have asked for Nolvadex alone except I think I am one of those folks that due to genetics canā€™t break it down into itā€™s active ingredient.

After that surgery you are unlikely to have a recurrence. It sounds like they removed all of the gland and itā€™s unlikely that you will grow new ones. Wait it out til the blood test and see where youā€™re at, you will be hypersensitive just from the mental anguish of it all.

I just spoke with Defy. They had wanted me to be taking the Anastrozole .125 x 2 a week during the transition off TRT. I had dropped my TRT dose to 100mg a week from 140mg Test C a week for a month prior to quitting and had dropped my AI altogether at that time as many guys here are so against anastrozole.

My WORST estrogen sides were right after starting TRT and the Anastrozole was almost completely worthless in the first month. Once my body adjusted, and I went to doubling my anastrozole dose things settled down to the point where I went back to the initial AI dose with little or no return of E symptoms. I also spread out my HCG and T so I was dosing HCG daily and Test EOD. I had a lot of trouble on TRT w/HCG managing water retention and dialing in at all doses though. I am down to 207 now off TRT which is a pretty good weight for me. I want to get down to 204. I got a new script for Clomid and will take that for a couple more weeks and get retested.

I read in one of the stickies here that you have to be concerned with estrogen when coming off Clomid. I thought when you were taking just Clomid you didnā€™t have to worry about it as much so if anyone has any advice about the use of Anastrozole in regards to Clomid therapy that would be awesome.

If you aromatize, you aromatize. Clomid can most certainly cause that, and can cause elevated E2 in spite of the AI due to its method of action.

I know that with some guys HCG will be converted in the testes directly to Estrogen and there is nothing an AI, which works through the liver, can stop that.

I was not aware that Clomid worked that way. I thought Clomid just stimulated the testes to produce more Test which would then be aromatized via the liver.

Aromatisation also occurs in the testes.