Observation about Program Names

Ever notice that people will say they are running, or about to run, or have questions about running: God is a Beast, Krypteia, Coffinworm, 1000% Awesome, Leviathan, Black Army Jacket, Spinal Tap, Pervertor, etc…

But not: Full Body Template #8, Prep and Fat Loss, Volume and Strength, Combination Template, or other programs with mundane names.

Maybe nobody else finds this interesting, but it was something I was thinking about as I was flipping through the Forever book. I guess it’s human nature. If you’re at a gym, it sounds cooler to say “Me? I’m currently running Spinal Tap, bro. What are you up to?”
Compared to “Well, it’s a program called Full Body 15. It’s a, uh, full body program. Pass me that barbell, will ya?”

1 Like

I’ve been running SVR II for a few months now. I don’t find the name particularly interesting, but it’s a great program.

Who do you know that has conversations like this? lol

5 Likes

I dont see the problem. At least not in the private forum. I don’t have much real life discussions about programs either.

It’s no problem. I didn’t mean it as anything serious, just a lighthearted observation that for workout programs, like everything else in life, the name probably affects its popularity.

Yeah. My personal experiences do not support this though, but its probably true in the larger scale.

Going by the examples you gave (All from latest book) it’s more likely they haven’t got the book and some details need clearing up. Especially as the Forever book isn’t available as a “free pdf” yet haha.

1 Like

I can agree that the name may affect it’s popularity. When I saw SVR II I just passed it up, but then when I started putting my plans together for what I was going to do down the line widowmakers came up and felt like doing that. I eventually found myself wanting to do SVR II when I actually took the time to read it since it too has some widowmakers. So right now I’m doing the prep and fast loss program then will do the 5/3/1 widowmakers(if I can handle it) then maybe jump on SVR II before attempting Krypteia.

I decided the name of the program shouldn’t dictate what I do, but instead the actual program itself (you know, like a grown up would do).