T Nation

Oblivion

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dQ3Mt9yiz6k#!

Damn.
Looks fantastic.
I don’t like Tom Cruise, but the concept is awesome.

[quote]buffd_samurai wrote:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=dQ3Mt9yiz6k#!

Damn.
Looks fantastic.
I don’t like Tom Cruise, but the concept is awesome.[/quote]

Just saw the preview today during football, looks good. Some of the clips reminded me of Halo (Valhalla).

Damn! I love me some good sci-fi, but why does it have to be TOM CRUISE??

[quote]Iron Dwarf wrote:
Damn! I love me some good sci-fi, but why does it have to be TOM CRUISE??[/quote]

Who better when it comes to science fiction? :stuck_out_tongue:

I do think he’s a good actor though. I don’t mind him.

I like Tom Cruise, plus anything with morgan freeman and i’m there.

Tom Cruise is a good actor. Movie looks solid. I love post-apocalyptic stuff.

I vowed never to see another Tom Cruise movie in the theaters after what he did to Oprah.

I may catch it on DVD.

[quote]super saiyan wrote:
I vowed never to see another Tom Cruise movie in the theaters after what he did to Oprah.

I may catch it on DVD.[/quote]

What did he do to Oprah?

The sofa just about recovered…

[quote]super saiyan wrote:
[/quote]

LMFAO!

Okay, maybe I DO like Tom Cruise after all!

2013 has alot of sci-fi movies coming out.
There is Oblivion, Star Trek, and now this called “After Earth”:

I don’t like Will Smith that much either, but the concept seems decent. Not as jazzed about this as I am Oblivion and Star Trek though. But really happy the sci-fi genre is alive and kicking!

I like Tom Cruise as an actor. He’s batshit crazy, but a good actor.

[quote]Iron Dwarf wrote:
Damn! I love me some good sci-fi, but why does it have to be TOM CRUISE??[/quote]

Do you even Minority Report Bro?

Holy crap! I’m more interested in where the hell you’ve been buffd_samurai! Long time no see, my man!

[quote]Cortes wrote:
Holy crap! I’m more interested in where the hell you’ve been buffd_samurai! Long time no see, my man![/quote]

Thanks man…I really appreciate it!
As usual, when I don’t participate on this site, it’s due to alot of work related stuff and family. Work has me traveling alot (which I detest), but business has been very good this year. :slight_smile:
Still rocking the Indigo-3G and MAG-10, though I reverted back to my tried and true training style after a long good romp with “performance” style training. I think alternating between the two will be something I will do for a long time; both have great elements to them that give my mind and body something different to adapt to, which means more gains.
And I will be reuniting myself with the “special stuff” in 2013.
Hope you are doing fine as well these days!
Can’t wait for all these most excellent movies!

Can’t forget about Superman…Man of Steel.
Some don’t like him…but I love Superman and Thor like characters.

This post was flagged by the community and is temporarily hidden.

One of the latest TV spots for Oblivion shows Cruise running in a hamster wheel. Treadmills aren’t ergonomic enough for the future and the desolation of Earth should never get in the way of a good sprinting scene.

That said, Cruise usually delivers good sci-fi. It is his religion.

Tom Cruise is incredibly good at playing an insufferably egotistical arsehole. Maybe it’s all the practice he’s getting.

On that note, what is a Cruise thread if it doesn’t have this polished gem on display?

I expect good things from this, Cruise has a nice track record for tense action films. He had the one slip up with that Cameron Diaz film a couple years back, but aside from that he’s been pretty consistent lately in choosing good action films and rising to the occasion. I mean god damn, Mission Impossible 4 was a brilliant film.