Oblique Workout

What is a good exercise for your obliques? I’ve tried weighted twists and side bends but neither feel right.

When I was young and dumb and reading Muscle and Fitness magazine, I would hold a dumbbell in one hand and do side bends every damn workout. Result? Thick-ass obliques that ruined my waist.

Stick to squats. You’ll work the obliques plenty holding the bar.

ahh i did side bends last week and this week…thanks for the warning…i hate how much bigger my waste looked after i did them…hope it aint to late!

i did 4x10 of bends last week and 4x10 of twists this week, both weighted. that aint enough to make a difference is it?

ur an idiot

try bent presses and not getting fat like me(although I dont know why anyone wouldnt want to be just like me).

[quote]jtg987 wrote:
ur an idiot[/quote]

um?

its going to take more than one workout too notice change

[quote]howie424 wrote:
What is a good exercise for your obliques? I’ve tried weighted twists and side bends but neither feel right.[/quote]

What about sit ups. Just dont lose that butt.

Although it’s more of a “core” workout, as it works abs, obliques, back, serratus, etc… I’ve been doing something awesome: Grab a heavy-ish weight (I use 95 lb dumbbell) in one hand, and walk until you get tired. Then switch to the other hand and walk until you get tired. Simple yet effective. As a bonus, also works grip strength.

[quote]Stronghold wrote:
What about sit ups. Just dont lose that butt.[/quote]

:slight_smile: