Obesity to the Rescue

If you ever find yourself on death row, just get fat…

http://www.cnn.com/2008/CRIME/08/04/death.penalty.fat.ap/index.html

A bullet from a firing squad doesn’t care if you’re fat.

should strap him down and dang a Big Mac in front of him…that should be a good way for him to lose the weight while keeping Mr. and Mrs. John Q. Taxpayer happy…

BTW, why are my tax dollars going to buy food that will allow this guy to get fat. I thought this was prison…

Guillotine.

You know political correctness has gone to far when you can’t kill an inmate on death row because he might experience some pain.

I’m very much against capital punishment, but IF it must be done do it right (capital > latin caput = head)

Although I’d rather have an executioner for various reasons, beheading is quick and painless.

A good headsman’s blade will easily cope with any fattass (or fatneck).

One could also just use a samurai sword and take care of 5 inmates at a time.

[quote]tedro wrote:
Guillotine.

You know political correctness has gone to far when you can’t kill an inmate on death row because he might experience some pain.[/quote]

The guillotine is the most humane way of executing someone. It is painless, but I read somewhere that the victim is still concious for a few seconds afterwards.

Let’s bring back the guillotine, and bring back the fun!

yeah

put them here

[quote]skaz05 wrote:
tedro wrote:
Guillotine.

You know political correctness has gone to far when you can’t kill an inmate on death row because he might experience some pain.

The guillotine is the most humane way of executing someone. It is painless, but I read somewhere that the victim is still concious for a few seconds afterwards.

Let’s bring back the guillotine, and bring back the fun![/quote]

It’s a myth. Heads do various freaky twitches and movements when seperated from their bodies for some time, so naturally people thought the poor schmos continue to be conscious.

If the spine and neck are cleanly severed, the brain gets a nasty shock and franatically tries to maintain it’s energy supply which is rapidly dwindling. Nearly all cells go berserk and consume their ATP, which lasts for not even half a minute - which the victim spends totally unconscious during the cerebral shock. This seems to be comparable to an epileptic seizure.
After half a minute, not even the holy spirit could save your brain - you’re dead.

And ditch the guillotine. Human life should not be taken by some machine. A person should be responsible for that.

[quote]Schwarzfahrer wrote:
And ditch the guillotine. Human life should not be taken by some machine. A person should be responsible for that.[/quote]

Why? Somebody still has to pull the lever. It takes a human to operate a gun, or to inject a drug.

Just stab him through the heart.

There. Done.

[quote]jnnak wrote:
If you ever find yourself on death row, just get fat…

http://www.cnn.com/2008/CRIME/08/04/death.penalty.fat.ap/index.html

A bullet from a firing squad doesn’t care if you’re fat.[/quote]

Actually, you could access this guys veins very easily using a cut-down procedure used in the hospital all the time to access veins on fat people (fat people in the hospital? Go figure!). So this is total BS!

People just dont wanna think of a gullitone cause it grosses ppl out. Even some ppl that are pro-capital punishment would be grossed out by the thought of a head coming rolling across the floor and blood squirting all over the place.

Now that I think about it, its prob very expensive to clean up. With all those biohazardous waste materials

I used to be a big supporter of the death penalty, but I guess I’ve gotten soft and hippyish in my old age. I really don’t think it should be within the power of the state to decide when or how someone dies.

That said, as long as it is still constitutional, shootings, beheadings, and to a lesser extent hangings are all deemed “too gruesome” in the minds of the public, so we will be stuck with gassings or some sort of medical procedure from here on out. At least until the US caves to pressure from the rest of the world and outlaws captial punishment altogether. Which would be the WRONG reason to do so, but it seems like the most likely scenario right now.

[quote]MrRezister wrote:
I used to be a big supporter of the death penalty, but I guess I’ve gotten soft and hippyish in my old age. I really don’t think it should be within the power of the state to decide when or how someone dies.
…[/quote]

Do you think the state should have the right to lock people up in those soul destroying Supermax prisons?

[quote]MrRezister wrote:

That said, as long as it is still constitutional, shootings, beheadings, and to a lesser extent hangings are all deemed “too gruesome” in the minds of the public, so we will be stuck with gassings or some sort of medical procedure from here on out. At least until the US caves to pressure from the rest of the world and outlaws captial punishment altogether. Which would be the WRONG reason to do so, but it seems like the most likely scenario right now.[/quote]

Unfortunately, I see the U.S. caving in eventually, esp with how left the world is becoming. With the Cold War over the world is becoming soft. But I dont see if happening for at least 30 year. With Russia, China, and Japan still having capital punishment legal, its still ok.

I’m occasionally iffy on capital punishment. I am for it thou

[quote]MrRezister wrote:
I used to be a big supporter of the death penalty, but I guess I’ve gotten soft and hippyish in my old age. I really don’t think it should be within the power of the state to decide when or how someone dies.[/quote]

I agree up to a point. The extremely large number of people being currently set free by new DNA testimony makes me MUCH less supportive of a system that is that set in the dark ages that we have no doubt killed innocent people in the past because of this society’s own mistakes.

If someone is going to die for a crime, they had better be damned sure they are actually the ones guilty of it.

I believe that the victims should decide. So if the court decides a person should have the death penalty, the victims should be able to agree or not. Technically they were wronged the most and should have a say in the punishment.

[quote]Professor X wrote:
MrRezister wrote:

I agree up to a point. The extremely large number of people being currently set free by new DNA testimony makes me MUCH less supportive of a system that is that set in the dark ages that we have no doubt killed innocent people in the past because of this society’s own mistakes.

If someone is going to die for a crime, they had better be damned sure they are actually the ones guilty of it.[/quote]

Agee 100%. The number of people being freed should open some eyes on the whole criminal justice system.

In theory I am for the death penalty but implemetation has been horrible.

[quote]Lorisco wrote:
I believe that the victims should decide. So if the court decides a person should have the death penalty, the victims should be able to agree or not. Technically they were wronged the most and should have a say in the punishment. [/quote]

This again is bullshit because victims and their families can be blinded by emotion. They often won’t care if the person sent to jail is truly innocent if they have been told the perpetrator is the right one for years. Again, the massive number of people found innocent AFTER being sent to death row should make everyone much less boisterous when it comes to the death penalty.