Obesity-Linked Cancers On the Rise Among Young Americans

Another reason to keep testosterone at healthy young man levels, or optimal, or whatever you want to call it. Visceral fat is a common low testosterone sign, especially in older men, and TRT with reasonable diet and exercise helps eliminate visceral fat.

But, you guys are the choir……………………………….

Any reason this cannot be in the TRT forum?

Because it has nothing to do with TRT.

1 Like

There is no reason to have “TRT with” before this statement. Any reputable endo should dial in diet and exercise before prescribing TRT. TRT is a last case scenario for those with hormonal problems, not a cutting protocol.

1 Like

I see, I was thinking that since TRT reduces visceral fat, which is behind many health concerns, it would relate at least indirectly to it. I put it there to perhaps help motivate some to consider addressing their low testosterone.

OK, geez, just trying to help some low test guys. I get your point. Of course, not a cutting protocol. I’m talking overall health. I’m going to maintain that many guys with low testosterone will have a more difficult time doing that without addressing their low testosterone, so I think the statement is accurate. I qualified it by saying visceral fat is a common sign of low testosterone. If you’re obese because you eat like shit and don’t exercise, sure try that first. Who wouldn’t?

By the way, I know plenty of guys that have only sat on a needle once a week and lost 50-60lbs once increasing their test levels. Not thrilled about it because they should eat better and exercise, and they tell other guys who expect the same thing.

Personally, age 64 now, and I’ve always lifted, at one time at a very high level. In my 50s, I didn’t gain weight, but things shifted around a little, more “centrally located”. Even though I ate very well and trained regularly. Starting TRT, I changed nothing else, saw me lose 5 inches on my waist and I lost 15-20lbs of fat, gained 10-15 lbs of muscle, in six months. Joints felt better and I had more energy, did not get as tired training so intensity increased. TRT has a place, for some, I’m not saying everyone needs to do it.

1 Like

I think my last post came off as abrupt and kind of dickish. I have no doubt TRT helps with visceral fat loss, but since the visceral fat can be the cause of low T, and losing it may prevent someone from being on TRT for the rest of their life, I feel it’s dangerous to promote TRT as a good way to lose said fat - at the very least TRT should not be the equal of diet and exercise when listing ways to lose it. At 64, your case is different, but we should clarify that for the masses of 30-40 year olds on TRT.

2 Likes

What do you think is going on with all the 30-40 y/o guys with low test.? Testosterone levels have dropped 22% in the US over the last three decades.

We’re lazy and eat pure garbage. I see my coworkers gaining 10 lbs a year in the form of a muffin top. Eat foods loaded with hormones and it will… wait for it… mess with your hormones.

They also do absolutely nothing that stimulates testosterone production. No lifting. No exercise. Just eating.

I think T levels have dropped because manual labor/hard work has decreased. There’s nothing wrong with our new world full of technology, but people forget to use their body and it falls apart.

1 Like

Increasingly crappy diets, increasingly sedentary jobs and lifestyles. Phones aren’t going to help - I was just at the playground with my kids running around and jumping all over the place like a monkey, and 90% of the other parents are sitting staring down at their phones, ignoring their kids. Even when we’re outside, we’re sitting with our necks craned downwards.

1 Like

Yeah. Just aren’t many jobs that require physical activity that does not beat you up. Construction workers that overdo it to office workers that sit all day. Not much in between.

Pesticides, plastics, etc. We’re swimming in a sea of estrogen. Sperm counts are down too. Wonder if it will ever get to the point where men are unnecessary?

Okay, case in point.

29 year old in TRT forum.

Takes Xanax, has a fatty liver, has an ulcer, doesn’t exercise, is gaining weight around his midsection, says his diet is good but not always (means it’s shit). He gets a test, finds he has low T. Never even considers that it’s not the low T causing his problems, it’s his problems causing the low T. Consults with doctors, and already gets advice doled out to them in terms of dosage and frequency for when they go on TRT. It’s stuff like that that gets me worried.

How low is “low”? E2? FSH and LH?

Regardless, no argument here. Yeah, eat right, exercise, lose the fat. Discontinue Xanax if at all possible. See what happens.

1 Like

The problem I have with your statement is that you are 64 years old, started taking TRT at a time in your life that made sense, and you saw results. The article you link talks about how young Americans are becoming more prone to obesity-linked disease, and it’s irresponsible and short-sighted to say “TRT replacement is the answer”.

You can certainly leave me out of any choir that peddles TRT to adolescents.

1 Like

Understood. Interesting how the written word can be interpreted in different ways. So, how is this? TRT is something to consider and while not the end all answer for everyone, it can make the difference for some.

Done.

I do believe that some young males actually need TRT, and there can be good reasons and no other options.

There’s a 17 (actually he’s now 18) year old on here who needs TRT. It has saved his life. I think TRT should not be demonized, and should be a legal and easily accessible path for those who need it. I just don’t think people who use it as a quick fix are actually on TRT. They’re not replacing permanently lost hormone levels, they’re supplementing temporarily lowered levels because exercise gets harder and harder to do as you get less and less healthy. They’re the reason why it’s going to take time to destigmatize TRT, IMO.

1 Like