T Nation

Obesity Kills 3-year-old

unfreakinbelievable!

http://news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story&u=/afp/20040526/hl_afp/britain_health_obesity_040526233549

Note: I havent read the article.

However, if the article is true, then the mother should be charged for the child’s death. She was the one who fed him or her.

I say let everybody get fat and die.

That’s going to leave the world populated with fit and sexy T-men and T-vixens.

Maybe we can add nicotine to potato chips and soda so that we can get real addictions going here? None of this namby-pamby blood sugar spike and drop craving stuff…

“The report slammed the British government, the National Health Service, food manufacturers and advertisers for not doing enough to improve the nation’s health and raise awareness of the risks of being overweight or obese.”

WTF? Why in the hell was it the manufactureers’ and advertisers’ faults? Was it like these kids were stealing their parents car and buying this food on their own? What about the parents? How about start there?

Good to see that the U.S. isn’t the only country with some of these “blame everything else first” people.

“Obesity in Britain has grown by almost 400 percent in 25 years, with three-quarters of adults now overweight or obese, the report said.”

Now that’s just scary!

I’m with ya, Cory! We are the sum total of the choices we have made in life.

I also like the part about the government wanting to “clamp-down on high-profile campaigns using sports stars and celebrities to promote crisps and chocolate.” I can see it now…

“Be like Barry Bonds: Eat Twinkies!”

How 'bout crap-canning the TV set and taking the little butterballs to the playground?

I don’t think they should have to change their advertising at all, that’s like Ford telling you to walk instead of drive(if you buy a Ford, you will be walking most of the time anyways) or to not even buy a car at all. They are trying to promote sales, it’s what they do.

And really, who doesn’t know the dangers of obesity? You get fat, and you die, plus you can’t move very well, and no body finds you attractive, which is a plus because if you are already that fat you can’t get an erection anyways, and if you can, you won’t be able to tell because it will be layered under gobs of lard. Most likely that fat bastard will feel a poking on the bottom of his belly and eat something until he can’t feel anything anymore.

I can see it all now, food will be labeled like Cigarettes, although grossly misinformed.

“The Surgeon General says that eating food with fat in it, could make you fat. Fish contains fat. Eat processed flour.”

-Dave